What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The worlds best cronulla sharks fan podcast

Southern Shark

Juniors
As bad as it got last year those three games against the Broncos, Roosters and Cowboys were great considering we were busted.

I would like to thank everyone for their support with this venture. We have honestly been overwhelmed with the positive reception this tin pot podcast has received, and we value every piece of feedback we get and take all suggestions you guys send through on board in a positive spirit. We are close to reaching the magical 1000 hits mark, which just blows me away, we have listeners from all over the world and Steve Mascord from Rugby League Week has been in touch for an interview. Not bad for 2 rock and roll geeks with no clue. Please keep sharing it around to anyone you know and if you know any players or club identities past and present who you think would be up for an interview on the show please get in touch.

carcharias

Immortal
Ey
I could be wrong
But episode 2 you guys mentioned the broncs sharks game from the 80's

I was there
Mathison (was that his name ?) dropped the ball off the kick off.
Sparkles scored from the first set of 6 off a little cross feild grubber

The crowd went ballistic all game
The chant of wallets a wanker could be heard clearly on the abc TV telecast ( so my mum told me at the time)

carcharias

Immortal
Oh
And when wally got the rothmans medal or 5/8 of the year
He mentioned in his speech that particular game and how mick speechley gave him the toughest game of his career.

10459039_10153270768554954_3482978589904410867_o.jpg

The boys recording episode 4 which should be out tomorrow.

chewsta

First Grade
The year Melbourne won their first GF, I was playing fullback for a penrith side and we played the curtain raiser to the Sharks V Storm. Speechley was playing 5/8 for the other team. Anyway, i was so pumped to be playing before the mighties and I was a mad Martin Lang fan, I told my mates that if I caught the ball off a dropout that I would charge back at the defence just like Martin Lang, all 80 kilo's of me. what a f**king idiot I was. Speechley lined me up and hit me so hard that I actually saw my soul leave my body and it was laughing at me! All I saw after that was sky, grass, sky, grass, sky and then I heard laughter. lots and lots of laughter.
I never ran the ball like a raging f**kwit ever again, after that incident.

SharkShocked

Bench
Why do i get the feeling that (for any of you that have seen the movie major league).... that the host commentator would end up like that poor sod. Starting off the season all suited up chirpy and expecting a great season.

Loss by Loss by Loss and by the end of it he's trashed drunk and falling in a heap.

Be careful not to end up like him :)