What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2nd Semi-Final - Australia v India at Sydney Mar 26 2015

hineyrulz

Post Whore
seriously? apart from ashes, other tests struggle to attract decent crowds.
anyway I fear we are going OT. Lets get back to game on hand.

If India do win on thursday, this place is going to be fun :lol:
Really??? Decent crowds compared to whom??? India?? lol.

jargan83

Coach
A pitch brouhaha is brewing in Sydney in the lead-up to the World Cup semi-final between Australia and India.

But despite the sight of International Cricket Council pitch consultant Andy Atkinson inspecting the wicket alongside SCG curator Tom Parker on Monday, this has all the makings of a storm in a teacup.

In recent days, Australians Josh Hazlewood and Glenn Maxwell both voiced their hopes for an SCG strip with a fair bit of spice in it.

Throw in captain Michael Clarke's words that a wicket with a bit of grass on it would "certainly help our fast bowlers" and a handful of Indian press outlets have put two and two together.

"Their demands are not going to be met. The World Cup is organised by the International Cricket Council ... there is no scope for tampering," wrote one journalist in Indian broadsheet Daily News and Analysis.

There was a green tinge to the wicket on Monday, but it's not expected to remain that way come Thursday.

Atkinson was unwilling to comment on Monday, but it's understood Parker is being afforded the same freedom he has enjoyed since being put in charge of the SCG pitch in 1997.

"That's the first I've heard of that and I haven't seen the wicket," a confused James Faulkner said on Monday, when asked about Atkinson.

Atkinson liaises with local groundsmen whenever the ICC stages a tournament.

"I work in collaboration ... I am not there to step on people's toes," the Essex-born official said in an interview with industry website pitchcare.com.

Parker is actually far from Cricket Australia's favourite curator at the moment.

This year's Test between India and Australia was a drawn run-fest, while coach Darren Lehmann was stunned the previous year when England were skittled in three days.

"How do you reckon I would assess it? Words will get me in trouble here. It's disappointing," Lehmann said at the time.

The pitch being used for Thursday's semi-final is the same strip that Imran Tahir spun South Africa to victory on in last week's quarter-final.

https://au.news.yahoo.com/thewest/sport/a/26772044/all-eyes-on-scg-pitch-for-semi-final/

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
"Their demands are not going to be met. The World Cup is organised by the International Cricket Council ... there is no scope for tampering," wrote one journalist in Indian broadsheet Daily News and Analysis.

"tampering" ? , lol,

Its not as though they have ever prepared bare dead tracks for their spinners

So the Indian media are already working on their excuses if they get rolled

Last edited:

jargan83

Coach
Another article in the SMH this morning mentioned that some of the Indian media went wandering the SCG during the Super Rugby match on Sunday looking for the groundsman to ask some questions before they were alsed to leave.

undertaker

Coach
The article all but confirms what I suspected after the test series (and what has been stated on other cricket forums on the net): the test pitches had been prepared to the specifications of the BCCI, as well as the reason why India didn't play at the WACA: they would've been slaughtered, just like they were 4 yrs ago. The SCG was bone dead compared to the Ashes test the previous year, which was completed within 3 days. The MCG - although being a drop-in - had absolutely nothing in it for the bowlers.

Oh boy, I would laugh so hard if the pitch still retained a tinge of green on Thursday. Starc would absolutely slaughter India on a green-top.

undertaker

Coach
"tampering" ? , lol,

Its not as though they have ever prepared bare dead tracks for their spinners

So the Indian media are already working on their excuses if they get rolled

LOL @ Indian media of all ppl making accusations of others doctoring pitches. Nothing epitomises the definition of 'doctoring' like that Nagpur test in 2012 when India picked four frontline spinners and opened the bowling with Ohja, or the pitch Australia played on Chennai in 2013 which looked more like Roland Garros and the 'selective watering' of spots by the groundsmen after the days play to tailor the needs of the Indian spinners are amongst a multitude of examples over the past decade in India where this has happened:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/indiahom...ds-favours-Indias-spinners-Aussie-pacers.html

I would LOVE to see them get bundled out on Thursday night. Can't stand the sight of an India vs South Africa final.

Last edited:

vvvrulz

Coach
The article all but confirms what I suspected after the test series (and what has been stated on other cricket forums on the net): the test pitches had been prepared to the specifications of the BCCI, as well as the reason why India didn't play at the WACA: they would've been slaughtered, just like they were 4 yrs ago. The SCG was bone dead compared to the Ashes test the previous year, which was completed within 3 days. The MCG - although being a drop-in - had absolutely nothing in it for the bowlers.

Oh boy, I would laugh so hard if the pitch still retained a tinge of green on Thursday. Starc would absolutely slaughter India on a green-top.

It's been going on for years, and pitches all over the world have been forced to meet Indian standards. NZ is a great example, they smashed India on green tops and the next tour was custom made to be dead and flat to suit them.

And yet they prepare pitches to suit them back home, it's an absolute farce like many things in cricket.

I hope they get smashed on Thursday, despite the fact that I can't stand the Aussie cricket team. Aussie vs NZ rematch for the final.

You're right in that the likes of Steyn, Starc and Boult would destroy India if they were given good bowling conditions.

_goParra

Juniors
So you jokers have any proof or do u sprout what ever crap that comes to your mind

some obscure site prints crap without any sources or proofs. And you guys jump at the chance to put shit on India. Well done

Last edited:
So you jokers have any proof or do u sprout what ever crap that comes to your mind

some obscure site prints crap without any sources or proofs. And you guys jump at the chance to put shit on India. Well done

They are serial whingers about pitches.

You go to India and you can bet your life on them all being dust bowls but God forbid they have to play to conditions anywhere else.

I hope the SCG is as green as all f**k and Starc & Johnson use it well.

Again, f**k India.

Last edited:

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member

by obscure site, you mean Indian site ?

Latest posts