What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2nd Semi-Final - Australia v India at Sydney Mar 26 2015

_goParra

Juniors
It's been going on for years, and pitches all over the world have been forced to meet Indian standards. NZ is a great example, they smashed India on green tops and the next tour was custom made to be dead and flat to suit them.
You got any proof or source for this crap

You go to India and you can bet your life on them all being dust bowls but God forbid they have to play to conditions anywhere else.

Yes, spin pitches in the sub continent! what a shock :lol:

Again, f**k India.

Classy..

by obscure site, you mean Indian site ?
Yes. That article was on 1 website and suddenly all Indian media is supposed to be reporting that SCG pitch is doctored. :roll:

I guess when it comes to India, anything to fuel the hate

Yes, spin pitches in the sub continent! what a shock :lol:

Yeah, that was exactly my point. They work all their wickets to favour spin. Everyone has to play on the decks they churn out, so why can't they do the same elsewhere?

Given that the decks across Australia offer variation across the board to pacemen and spinners alike, it would suggest the better all round bowling attack will come out on top. Nah, we'll have a whinge instead of adapting. They're a country of 1.1 billion people, they can't find 3 half decent pacemen, or 6 batsmen who can play a swinging delivery reliably?

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
Again sources / proof?

Even Clarke & Steve Smith spoke about wanting more grass on pitches recently. Don't see anybody calling them whingers.

you mean just like your sourced your post ?

everyone has had enough of these highways being prepared where there is no result in a 5 day game, an even contest between bat and ball is what everyone wants, its hardly whinging

_goParra

Juniors
you mean just like your sourced your post ?

Source? can I use the same article that was used to talk shit about India. :lol:

In recent days, Australians Josh Hazlewood and Glenn Maxwell both voiced their hopes for an SCG strip with a fair bit of spice in it.

https://au.news.yahoo.com/thewest/sp...or-semi-final/

everyone has had enough of these highways being prepared where there is no result in a 5 day game, an even contest between bat and ball is what everyone wants, its hardly whinging

You mean like this world cup, which has had record number of 300+ scores and hundreds. Oh wait a minute, Indians forced CA to prepare this tracks. :roll:

Geez twizzle, you get so defensive when I say something, but others get off scott free when they unsubstantiated crap about India. I wonder why :crazy:

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
Source? can I use the same article that was used to talk shit about India. :lol:

https://au.news.yahoo.com/thewest/sp...or-semi-final/

So you want to use the source that you slated for not being credible ?

lol

You mean like this world cup, which has had record number of 300+ scores and hundreds. Oh wait a minute, Indians forced CA to prepare this tracks. :roll:

exactly, although a lot were played on small grounds in NZ, but yeah, a contest between bat and ball

Geez twizzle, you get so defensive when I say something, but others get off scott free when they unsubstantiated crap about India. I wonder why :crazy:

defensive ? who am I defending ? and where is all this unsubstantiated crap about India of which you speak ?

WaznTheGreat

Referee
The first ever Indian Parramatta Eels supporter,welcome aboard goParra,Jarryd Hayne is better than Sachin Tendulkar.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
Anyone would think i stumbled onto cricinfo with all that whining.

except there in only complainer here

FB is worse, they would have about 100 replies by now citing Aussie cheats and paying off umpires and any other rant they can come up with, not that I stir them up or anything

TheParraboy

Staff member
The first ever Indian Parramatta Eels supporter,welcome aboard goParra,Jarryd Hayne is better than Sachin Tendulkar.

Im sure angry eel has been around longer

makes more sense as well

http://www.smh.com.au/sport/cricket/bedi-slams-indias-doctored-pitches-20130301-2fbfd.html

1362120041550.jpg

Former Indian captain Bishan Bedi says cricket's governing body needs to have a look at the way Indian officials are doctoring home pitches to suit their spinners.

And ex-Australia Test skipper Ian Chappell says preparing dustbowl tracks to suit the home side is a disgrace, in India or anywhere else.

India's spinners claimed 20 wickets for only the third time in their Test history as the home side thrashed Michael Clarke's men by eight wickets on Tuesday's fifth day of the first Test in Chennai.

Aussie legspin great Shane Warne likened the red clay pitch to Roland Garros and joked the tourists should have picked Rafael Nadal in their side.

"In Australia, you don't doctor those wickets," Bedi said.

"Every wicket in Australia has a character to it.

"They have their own respective characters and those characters are never destroyed. It's the same in England."

Bedi said it was natural for Indian pitches to favour spin on days four and five of a Test match.

"But if it turns on the first session of the first day, somewhere along the line the ICC might have to step in. But will they?" he said.

"I wasn't embarrassed. I was annoyed.

"It's taking home advantage to another extreme. It's not quite cricket.

"Cricket is supposed to be a game of integrity."

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member

agreed

I also agree with Bedi however they Indians are not as bad as Sri Lankans preparing their pitches with wire brushes to take all the grass off and just expose the roots to suit Murali.

When the Indian team plays away, its takes them ages to get used to the tracks in the other countries and by the time they do the series is over, they are not doing themselves any favours in the long term.

vvvrulz

Coach
You got any proof or source for this crap

Yes I do actually, the results on the field of the 2002 India tour of New Zealand vs the 2008 one... as already stated in the original post. India had a big whinge and moan and made sure they got dead tracks, you're nuts if you think otherwise.

Apologies if I couldn't quote Srinavasan or someone similar, pretty hard to directly quote blatant corruption.

And I was a diehard supporter of Indian cricket before this crap started turning up.

JJ

Immortal
Staggered how any India:Australia contest seems to quickly come to this drivel...

God it would be good for cricket if NZ win this, obviously I have a bias - but outside the big 3, unfashionable, great style of cricket, and (at least with this team) few histrionics

vvvrulz

Coach
except there in only complainer here

FB is worse, they would have about 100 replies by now citing Aussie cheats and paying off umpires and any other rant they can come up with, not that I stir them up or anything

Cricinfo and FB are outrageously bad.
Hilarious for a free laugh but scary to think that actual people out there are absolute morons.