What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2015 NRL Jersey & Sponsorship Discussion

CA5HstMWQAE_e3p.jpg
at least its not the same as eight other clubs looks like vomit but it is different!

sheepbender

Juniors
The Broncos need shooting, wearing black against the Warriors in nz

Yea opportunity missed. Who knows why the Broncos are wearing their Nines jersey in this 20th anniversary match, if the jersey was Maroon, it should be the home, cos its better than the current home with all the white.. I was expecting last weeks Heritage jersey, and for the Warriors to wear their original Blue jersey.

parrawentyfan

Juniors
Probably a ridiculous idea but here goes...

There have been a lot of variations on the Titans idea and they all look good. But none have any link to the GC including the beach theme colours.

What about a sea or sand themed 'titan'. Eg, the big sand monster from the mummy or one of the recent superhero movies (forgot which one -hulk maybe???) or a sea themed titan-like entity like poseidon or leviathan.

Saint Doc

Coach
Its because Sportsbet isn't allowed on jerseys in New Zealand.

So they make one jersey without them for Auckland 9's and wear the same design in the regular season.

Did the same thing last year (wore 9's jersey, without Sportsbet, in regular season)

I presume it is to save on another set of jerseys

Completely mystified by Broncos/Warriors jersey choices. As far as I can tell, the Broncos now wear the nines jersey inseason in NZ. Didn't they do this last year? BUT -- Black? Against the Warriors?

And I can see why they wore heritage against the Cowboys last week. 20 years for the Cowboys and all. But why didn't the Cowboys?

And why is no one in heritage this week?

Why? Why? WHY?

Hello, I'm The Doctor

First Grade
Probably a ridiculous idea but here goes...

There have been a lot of variations on the Titans idea and they all look good. But none have any link to the GC including the beach theme colours.

What about a sea or sand themed 'titan'. Eg, the big sand monster from the mummy or one of the recent superhero movies (forgot which one -hulk maybe???) or a sea themed titan-like entity like poseidon or leviathan.

I actually do like that thought....

They have never justified the name for that area specifically, which is something sorely missed in their marketing.
They really need to explaing what "titans" have to do with the GC (it could be a totally bullshitty answer, but their needs to be AN answer).

Im personally in favour of a Titan of Bravvos-style logo;
They would maintain the Gladiator imagery and the beach imagery, and they would tie together the "Titan" and the gold Coast (defending the beaches, etc).

the_titan_of_braavos_by_amx2002-d7c99tm.jpg

Braavos.jpg

Last edited:

Saint Doc

Coach
I actually do like that thought....

They have never justified the name for that area specifically, which is something sorely missed in their marketing.
They really need to explaing what "titans" have to do with the GC (it could be a totally bullshitty answer, but their needs to be AN answer).

Im personally in favour of a Titan of Bravvos-style logo;
They would maintain the Gladiator imagery and the beach imagery, and they would tie together the "Titan" and the gold Coast (defending the beaches, etc).

the_titan_of_braavos_by_amx2002-d7c99tm.jpg

Braavos.jpg

Please stop.

carlos_g

Juniors
Its because Sportsbet isn't allowed on jerseys in New Zealand.

So they make one jersey without them for Auckland 9's and wear the same design in the regular season.

Did the same thing last year (wore 9's jersey, without Sportsbet, in regular season)

I presume it is to save on another set of jerseys

Makes sense, cheers

kdalymc

Bench
Broncos still needed to rebadge the jersey. And had to get some yellow shorts.
Would of been just as easy, and not looked stupid if they re stickered their away jersey....

LeagueNut

First Grade
The Warriors don't have a blue jersey this year - the heritage jersey is brown, which probably would have made for an even worse clash.

Latest posts