What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Souths vs dogs

Rabbits20

Immortal
actually i'm not too worried about mcinnes in the side, as long as he defends well. there will be enough forwards to make the hard metres

The Bulldogs big forwards will run over McInnes, he won't be able to tackle them in the back row.

Alien the Bulldogs on paper have a stronger forward pack with Souths missing Sutton, Turner and Clark (currently not in the 17).

The Bulldogs bench has 4 forwards for this match and Souths should have 4 forwards as well imo.

southsport

First Grade
The Bulldogs big forwards will run over McInnes, he won't be able to tackle them in the back row.

Alien the Bulldogs on paper have a stronger forward pack with Souths missing Sutton, Turner and Clark (currently not in the 17).

The Bulldogs bench has 4 forwards for this match and Souths should have 4 forwards as well imo.

Word is that McInnes won't be playing.

Aaron Gray is in a knee brace.

Rabbits20

Immortal
NRL I think are offering $50 passes for 2 adults and 4 juniors which is a great deal.

I was hoping for 60k but probably won't be that many. I reckon the crowd on second thoughts could be 53k.

Special Good Friday Game Day Offers!

Wed 1st April, 04:23PM
A A

1427865866883.jpg

Need any more reasons to spend the day at the footy on Good Friday? There are plenty of special offers for you and your family to enjoy!
Important Reciprocal Rights Information for Rabbitohs Ticketed Members
As part of a joint agreement, Rabbitohs Ticketed Members have access to Good Friday’s battle against the Bulldogs.

Ticketed Members have access to the following areas:
Reserved Diamond/Gold/Silver Members will access via Gate C/D with General Admission Seating available on Level 4 East.
General Admission/Burrow/3Game/Regional Members will access via Gate B with General Admission Seating available on Level 1 in Aisles 101 to 103.
Please note the Burrow will be located in the Rabbitohs Fans GA area Win a Member Sideline Experience for you and a Friend!
One Rabbitohs Member and one Bulldogs Member, along with one guest each, will get the chance to win a Sideline Experience.
Members will be picked at random and will watch the game from the best seat in the house – the sideline so make sure you’re at the game for your catch to win!.
Brewery Member Offer
Present your 2015 Rabbitohs Membership card at Homebush Bay’s Brewery on Good Friday and take advantage of their Fish & Chips, or Burger and a Beer meal-deal for only $20. OR bring your family and Kids eat Free!
Simply head to the Brewery with your Membership card to take advantage of this offer!
The Brewery, 12 Dawn Fraser Ave, Sydney Olympic Park New South Wales 2127
Rabbitohs Members Get 60% off Additional Tickets
2015 Rabbitohs Members have been given the opportunity to purchase additional tickets to this Friday’s clash with the Bulldogs at 60% off.
Rabbitohs Reserved Members can purchase into the Rabbitohs Reserved Level 4 East area and Rabbitohs General Admission Members into the General Admission area at this special rate by using the password given to them in the Bunny Bulletin on Tuesday 31 March.
Click here to purchase your tickets now.
Box Office A/B
Rabbitohs Ticket Box Office A/B opens from 1.15pm. All members who purchased from Monday 17 March with access to this game are required to pick up their Membership card from this window. Please give yourself plenty of time to collect your Membership card.

How to Purchase tickets
Online: click here
Phone: 132 849
In person: click here

http://www.rabbitohs.com.au/news/2015/04/01/special_good_friday_.html

Tyrrell Doing His Bit to Contribute
Words & Video: Tom Skolarikis
Thu 2nd April, 12:21PM
A A http://www.rabbitohs.com.au/news/_jcr_content/par/newslist_95ce.rss

After being the only player to play every single game during the Rabbitohs’ 2014 campaign, Dave Tyrrell is looking to step up even further in 2015 in the Club’s forward pack.
“I think just everyone’s doing their bit to contribute,” said Tyrrell.
“Every week’s a new challenge – I think we learnt that last week not performing well.
“This week we’re looking to turn things around and perform at our best.
“We want to be the best prepared we can every week and this week we’re really focussed on the Bulldogs and performing at our best.”
Tyrrell has been a mainstay in Michael Maguire’s forward pack in recent seasons since moving from the wing – the 102kg forward now a vital cog in South Sydney’s front row.
So far in 2015, Tyrrell has averaged 99.2 metres per game with the ball in hand, while also averaging making 20.5 tackles.
Tyrrell will again take his place in Maguire’s starting front row against the Bulldogs on Good Friday alongside George Burgess and Issac Luke.
But while Tyrrell is no-nonsense on the pitch, the big prop doesn’t mind poking a light jab at himself. Journalists at this week’s media session were keen to get the story behind Tyrrell’s hair-do – a look which in some ways harks back to his time on the Rabbitohs flanks.
“I wouldn’t say there’s a real story to it,” said a smiling Tyrrell.
“It’s just I’m a pretty lazy person actually and just haven’t been to the hairdresser to be honest.”
http://www.rabbitohs.com.au/news/2015/04/02/tyrrell_everyone_s_d.html

Millard Making Most of Chance

Words & Video: Tom Skolarikis
Thu 2nd April, 02:23PM
A A http://www.rabbitohs.com.au/news/_jcr_content/par/newslist_95ce.rss

Rabbitohs centre Daryl Millard will take his place in the centres against his old club this Good Friday when Souths take on Canterbury-Bankstown at ANZ Stadium.
Millard made his Rabbitohs debut against Parramatta in Round 4 in what was his first NRL game since playing for the Bulldogs in 2009, coming in for the injured Dylan Walker.
“I’m just trying to take my opportunity and play as well as I can for the team this week,” said Millard.
“I feel comfortable playing there – I trained with the boys all pre-season and know all the plays and that kind of thing.
“Playing with guys like Glenn Stewart and Greg Inglis, they make Rugby League easy sometimes so it’s good having those guys around you.”
Having arrived at the Club during the off-season on a train and trial basis, Millard cited that he was relishing the opportunity to play in such a professional environment.
“I’m loving it,” said Millard of his tenure at the Rabbitohs.
“It’s good to be in such a professional environment at a great Club.
“The Club’s awesome, they tick all the boxes that could possibly be ticked and it’s a really good environment to improve as a Rugby League player.”

http://www.rabbitohs.com.au/news/2015/04/02/millard_making_most_.html

South Sydney hooker Issac Luke feels like he still has something to achieve after missing last year's grand final

Date April 2, 2015 - 6:28PM
Michael Chammas

Rugby league reporter

He'll tell you he's past the fact a dangerous tackle on close friend Sonny Bill Williams cost him the
But deep down, no matter how many times he has been told the premiership is his to claim, in his heart of hearts, Luke knows there's still a box he needs to tick.
Sitting in the stands of Redfern Oval, the softly-spoken Kiwi changes his demeanour when asked about the pain he endured watching history unfold from the sidelines.
Issac Luke with Sonny Bill Williams after the tackle that saw his suspended for the grand final.
At first he deflects, but when asked if he felt like there was still a weight hanging over him and a burning desire to experience a grand final victory for himself, the 27-year-old can't hide his feelings.
"Yeah, I do [feel like there's something to achieve]," Luke said.
"We'll see how I go. When it happened, I was oblivious. Talking to other people they were saying 'you got us there', 'you got the team there'. Even my wife, she really sunk it in. She said 'you soak it up as much as they do, you deserve it too'.
"And I did. I celebrated. It's a milestone I will hold on to forever even though I didn't play in it. But hopefully one day I'll be part of one myself. We'll see how I go."For the South Sydney players, it was hard to celebrate the most significant week of their careers seeing the emotional struggle Luke was enduring.
"Do it for Issac", they said.
Halfback Adam Reynolds admits the news of Luke's suspension was difficult to swallow.
But the Rabbitohs No.7 insists Luke was as much a part of ending the club's 43-year premiership drought as anyone else who took the field on the first Sunday in October last year.
"No doubt about it, he was a massive part of the squad," Reynolds said.
"He played the whole year and was a massive part of getting us to the grand final. He's more a part of that grand final than anyone else who was out there on the field.
"It was tough seeing him miss out. It would have been the same for them missing Michael Ennis. No one wants to miss a grand final. We'll be doing everything in the future to try and get there and get him there again."
With the 'c' next to his name, Luke celebrated the Auckland Nines success like it was his grand final, carried around the field on a lap of honour on the shoulders of his teammates.
After a week of struggling through a range of emotions leading into the decider against his former club Canterbury last year, Luke knew he couldn't hold on to the feelings of regret.
"After the grand final I moved on, I had to," Luke said.
"I was really happy for Aps (replacement Apisai Koroisau). He played extremely well. He probably played better than I would have. In saying that, I had the right people around me to help me through it. The club did well by me during that whole week to support me.
"The thing I've grown up with is being able to move on from something that has happened. I've managed to do that and I'm happy at the moment."
Perhaps the biggest testament to Luke's influence at South Sydney isn't by what he brings to the Rabbitohs, but the impact at other clubs.
Many hookers have come through the ranks at South Sydney, only to have their careers come to a halt in the shadow of the Kiwi rake.
One of those is the man that replaced him in last year's grand final, who signed with Penrith last year in pursuit of an opportunity.
Nathan Peats and James Segeyaro also played second fiddle to Luke, all going on to become pivotal players at their respective new clubs.
"Api, I got real close with him," Luke said.
"We remind each other of each other. We gave him as much support as we could. They are all playing outstanding for their clubs at the moment. James Segeyaro is a massive one. He was playing under 20's when I first made it and he went off and did his own thing and now he's Dally M hooker of the year. I have big wraps on him. He's awesome.
"All the hookers in the game are outstanding. Api is outstanding, Peatsy is outstanding. I took a lot of positives out of all those guys being at the club. They kept me on my toes. I had to battle every week to get in this squad. I still have Cam McInnes under me and Peatsy was like that as well."

http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/south-sydney-rabbitohs/south-sydney-hooker-issac-luke-feels-like-he-still-has-something-to-achieve-after-missing-last-years-grand-final-20150402-1mdg25.html?&utm_source=social&utm_medium=twitter&utm_campaign=nc&eid=socialn%3Atwi-14omn0015-optim-nnn%3Anonpaid-27%2F06%2F2014-social_traffic-all-organicpost-nnn-smh-o&campaign_code=nocode&promote_channel=social_twitter

alien

Referee
what's with all the bloody injuries??? i bet muzby is out there some where with a bunny voodoo doll :x

South Sydney's George Burgess ready for battle up front in grand final rematch

Date April 2, 2015 - 8:00PM
Michael Carayannis

Rugby League Writer

View more articles from Michael Carayannis
Follow Michael on Twitter Email Michael

• There have been moments this week that have allowed George Burgess to cast his mind back to last October.
    While the Rabbitohs are adamant they cannot dwell on their grand final success, it has been difficult to avoid footage of their 30-6 victory against Canterbury before their premiership decider rematch on Friday.
    Dressed to thrill: Luke and George Burgess get into a combat frame of mind. Photo: Fiona Morris
    Moments from last year have featured in parts of Rabbitohs coach Michael Maguire's pre-game preparation. Not that Burgess has needed any reminding about that match."I've lost count," Burgess said of how many times he has watched the grand final. "It's one of those things that you flick on when you want cheering up a bit. It's great memories, something you'll always cherish. I've not seen it in a while but we've been doing a lot of video work from the Bulldogs this week and there are a few clips knocking around from the grand final.
    "Yeah, it does [bring a smile to my face]. They were great memories, something that you've got to be very proud of. We have just had to approach this as a normal game and not worry too much about last year. We have to do what we need to do to get the job done."
    The battle of the forward pack looms as the potential decider when the teams go head to head on Friday afternoon. Burgess is again preparing for a physical confrontation against the Bulldogs big men led by props James Graham, Aiden Tolman and Sam Kasiano.
    "You kind of know you're going to get a big forward pack who are mobile and have ball-playing abilities," Burgess said. "They've got some great halves and big back-rowers. They are a big all-round team. They are always in the top four coming into the end of the season."
    After romping to premiership success, the Rabbitohs lost their first match against Parramatta last Friday night since their final regular season match of the season last year. Their grand final win was followed by Auckland Nines, Charity Shield and World Club Challenge victories.
    "It's never a relief to lose," Burgess said. "We always want to win and go out each week to get the two points. It's a good thing about footy you get to go again the week after.
    "We are trying to do some of the good things we've been doing and work on some of the things we did wrong the last game."
    Meanwhile, Burgess' pre-game preparation took a different turn when he joined older brother Luke in dressing as characters to promote the Blu-ray release of the biblical movie Exodus: Gods and Kings.
    "We loved dressing up [as children]," George said. "We were always the first to put our hands up for the fancy dress parties. This is another fun day for us, getting out on the beach and having a bit of fun."

rabbitohs95

Bench
Alright everybody I know it's a bit soggy today but let's all collectively make an effort to get to the game. I'll be disappointed if the crowd is below 30k. Bring it on should be another great clash.

hurricane57

Juniors
Pretty obvious, at half time, that Souths have glaring weaknesses on the centres and the wing. Goodwin, Millward and Reddy are, when in the back line at the same time, one of the poorest back lines going around.

I wonder who can be brought from the lower grades for the future.

Also, McQueen should have 'lifted' by now but never seems to be able to take that final step.

Fingers crossed for the second half and thank christ for Issac Luke.

Tryhard

Juniors
Yet another Game ruined by the BS authorities trying to create BS out-rules & their interpretation!

Latest posts