What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 5 vs. Souths

Bulldog Force

Referee
Cheers to Timmah for the original thread: http://forums.leagueunlimited.com/showthread.php?t=444612

2015cby-main.jpg

1. Brett Morris 2. Curtis Rona 3. Josh Morris 4. Timoteo Lafai 5. Sam Perrett
6. Josh Reynolds 7. Trent Hodkinson
8. Aiden Tolman 9. Michael Lichaa 10. James Graham 11. Josh Jackson 12. Tony Williams 13. Greg Eastwood

Interchange: 14. Sam Kasiano 15. David Klemmer 16. Frank Pritchard 17. Tim Browne
19. Moses Mbye 20. Corey Thompson

2015sou-second.jpg

1. Greg Inglis 2. Alex Johnston 3. Daryl Millard 4. Bryson Goodwin 5. Joel Reddy
6. Luke Keary 7. Adam Reynolds
8. George Burgess 9. Issac Luke 10. David Tyrrell 11. Glenn Stewart 12. Chris McQueen 13. Tim Grant

Interchange: 14. Cameron McInnes 15. Ben Lowe 16. Chris Grevsmuhl 17. Thomas Burgess
18. Jason Clark 19. Nathan Brown

2015ref-lime.png

Referees: Gerard Sutton, Gavin Morris
Sideline Officials: Grant Atkins, Nick Beashel
Video Referees: Bernard Sutton, Luke Phillips

Holden Cup Under 20s R5
FRI 1:45PM | Bulldogs v Rabbitohs @ ANZ Stadium

VB NSW Cup R5
SAT 3:00PM | Canterbury (CBY) v North Sydney (SOU) @ Belmore Sports Ground

Bulldog Force

Referee
While Souths have a good, strong lineup, I think we can actually win this game as the last time we played them, they had Sam Burgess, Ben Teo and Luke Burgess, players who have since left. They will have Isaac Luke though, and we've added Brett Morris to our squad.

Also, a fun stat for this game, it will be the first time in Rugby League history that 2 sets of twins face-off against each other (Brett and John Morris vs George and Tom Burgess).

Bulldog Force

Referee
What a f**king disgraceful performance by the Sutton. He needs eye surgery... gouge them out someone please.

Now, I have no problem conceding defeat - we lost fair and square to Penrith, but that was one pathetic performance.

Firstly, why was Lichaa penalised on the 5th tackle for an alleged flop? He simply got square and did not, in any way, impede the play the ball. The was pathetic.

Secondly, Graham. Now, that was a complete accident. Reynolds got injured and it was a shame, but it was not a penalty. Graham did not make contact with Reynold, he was attempting a charge-down, and secondly, it was the momentum of Graham that resulted in the injury. It was completely accidental.

Thirdly... why was the penalty given from right in front rather than where the ball landed some 20 metres to the left?

Fourth (yes, 4th), after the kickoff, Josh Morris was taken out.... why were Souths not penalised for that? The could've well been what the Bulldogs needed?

Sutton, I have no problem saying this on a public forum, and I can't get fined because I'm not an NRL coach, so I'll say it now... YOU ARE A f**kING BLIND BAT AND I HOPE YOUR ANUS CHOKES ON YOUR OWN SHIT RESULTING IN AN EXPLODING ASSHOLE!

Bulldog Force

Referee
Looks like I'm not the only one who's furious about this... the (dickhead) fans threw bottles at him after the game. Now the club will launch an investigation into this.

skeepe

Immortal
What a f**king disgraceful performance by the Sutton. He needs eye surgery... gouge them out someone please.

Now, I have no problem conceding defeat - we lost fair and square to Penrith, but that was one pathetic performance.

Firstly, why was Lichaa penalised on the 5th tackle for an alleged flop? He simply got square and did not, in any way, impede the play the ball. The was pathetic.

Secondly, Graham. Now, that was a complete accident. Reynolds got injured and it was a shame, but it was not a penalty. Graham did not make contact with Reynold, he was attempting a charge-down, and secondly, it was the momentum of Graham that resulted in the injury. It was completely accidental.

Thirdly... why was the penalty given from right in front rather than where the ball landed some 20 metres to the left?

Fourth (yes, 4th), after the kickoff, Josh Morris was taken out.... why were Souths not penalised for that? The could've well been what the Bulldogs needed?

Sutton, I have no problem saying this on a public forum, and I can't get fined because I'm not an NRL coach, so I'll say it now... YOU ARE A f**kING BLIND BAT AND I HOPE YOUR ANUS CHOKES ON YOUR OWN SHIT RESULTING IN AN EXPLODING ASSHOLE!

You're an idiot. Graham dived at a kicker and made contact with the legs. Penalty every time.

And it was given 10 metres out because the rules say thats the correct place for a foul on a field goal kicker

You're embarrassing yourself. The ref was 100% correct.

Bulldog Force

Referee
You're an idiot. Graham dived at a kicker and made contact with the legs. Penalty every time.

And it was given 10 metres out because the rules say thats the correct place for a foul on a field goal kicker

You're embarrassing yourself. The ref was 100% correct.
Really? Fine, let's say you're correct. Let's then see what justifies Josh Morris being taken out from the kickoff... you got anything to defend the refs about that?

Embarrassing myself LMFAO... Souths are a protected species... fact!

DB

First Grade
Seriously?

1. There was still 65 minutes to go when we had that 10 point lead
  2. A 10 point lead, even with 5 minutes remaining is not a big lead
  3. That 8 point try didn't help.
Next please?

Shouldn't have given away an 8 point try, and a penalty at the end of the game.

Seriously?

1. There was still 65 minutes to go when we had that 10 point lead
  2. A 10 point lead, even with 5 minutes remaining is not a big lead
  3. That 8 point try didn't help.
Next please?

A ten point lead is a big lead. If your team is gifted at conceding two converted tries in the final five minutes you should probably get out of first grade.
The eight point try probably didn't help. You're right. Shouldn't have conceded it. Probably would've helped.

drago brelli

Bench
After watching James Graham over the past few years he appears to be mentally erratic. He gets very emotional and at times he loses control. I have never seen this in a player before. Is it called nospam29? One of my mates is good friends with him and he seems to be a really good person.

m0j0

Bench
Really? Fine, let's say you're correct.

The ref was correct with that one. From the rules - Section 13, 10a:

10. (a) If a player fouls an opponent who is attempting a drop goal, a penalty kick shall be awarded in front of the goal posts.

Bulldog Force said:
Let's then see what justifies Josh Morris being taken out from the kickoff... you got anything to defend the refs about that?

Embarrassing myself LMFAO... Souths are a protected species... fact!

I'll agree with you there.

Last edited:

DB

First Grade
Don't worry Doggies fans, Jesus also had a pretty bad day on Good Friday.

Bulldog Force

Referee
Shouldn't have given away an 8 point try, and a penalty at the end of the game.
A ten point lead is a big lead. If your team is gifted at conceding two converted tries in the final five minutes you should probably get out of first grade.
The eight point try probably didn't help. You're right. Shouldn't have conceded it. Probably would've helped.
So does anyone here want to address the Josh Morris incident? You know... the penalty we didn't receive after the short kickoff?