What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

'15 | R5 | Fri 4pm | CBY 17-18 SOU | ANZ

Round 5: Bulldogs v Rabbitohs

• Draw after Golden Point

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

lockyno1

Post Whore
So Reynolds is fine, no injury. How is it dangerous then?

You realise how bad the potential for injury is?

This rubbish about 'but he's not injured' had a massive deal with these dangerous throws...

DON'T TACKLE THE LEGS!

Perth Red

Post Whore
Fair call. correct ruling, embarrassing the expert commentators don't know the games rules, disgraceful graham wasn't walked for being a gobby scouser, entertaining game in front of a decent crowd. Nice way to spend a Friday afternoon!

Learn the rules you idiots. A foul on the field goal kicker is a penalty 10 metres out right in front.

You are mostly correct, Section 13, Law 10 of the Laws of the Game (p 35) states -

10. (a) If a player fouls an opponent who is attempting a drop goal, a penalty kick shall be awarded in front of the goal posts.
(b) If the attempt at drop goal is successful, a kick at goal must be taken from the penalty kick and play re-started from the centre of the halfway line irrespective of the outcome of that kick.
(c) If the attempt at drop goal is unsuccessful, the penalty kick can be taken in any manner provided for in the Laws and play re-started according to the outcome of that kick.

Someone

Bench
NOT tackle the legs. It was ridiculously dangerous. You jump across the front of the kicker not into him

They're free to attempt the charge down but if they get it wrong there has to be a penalty otherwise defenders would dive in without impunity

I think players need to learn to charge the kicker at an angle where if they dive their body doesn't collect the supporting leg.

I don't disagree with any of this but a bloke playing his guts out trying to win a game for his team who accidentally gets it all wrong doesn't make him a scumbag.

Coming 'across' the kicker isn't always possible or ideal. Graham went hard and was penalised for it. I don't disagree with the ruling but the precedent has been set and I do think its harsh that a game can be decided by such a ruling.

ram raid

Bench
Imagine if a grand final or even a major game was decided like that. The lebanese would be lighting up the streets.

BranVan3000

Coach
Dogs can only blame themselves. Had every chance to run away with the game

And Graham's antics were just hilarious. And he literally caused the violence the fans showed to the refs with his disrespectful display

Card Shark

Immortal
You realise how bad the potential for injury is?

This rubbish about 'but he's not injured' had a massive deal with these dangerous throws...

DON'T TACKLE THE LEGS!

Graham walks a fine line but he was trying to charge to ball down about 2m off the ground. Don't think Reynolds has legs that long.

BunniesMan

Immortal
So Reynolds is fine, no injury. How is it dangerous then?

Not for a second do I think Graham meant it but coming into contact with the supporting leg always carries risk.

Like many spear tackles don't cause injuries, that doesn't mean they're not dangerous.

Charging players just need to go at the kicker from a slight angle so their body follows through without hitting the supporting leg.

Eddie.

Bench
Dogs disgracing the game again.

Maybe dock them competition points for failing to control their players and fans.

An ugly look