What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

'15 | R5 | Fri 4pm | CBY 17-18 SOU | ANZ

Round 5: Bulldogs v Rabbitohs

• Draw after Golden Point

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Game_Breaker

Coach
The on-field ref can still call on the video ref to double check an incident. Which is exactly what happened. If you weren't so desperately trying to cling on to the belief that you were robbed in order to ease the pain just that little bit, you would be aware of this.

Just like he was asked to look at the elbow by Burgess on BMoz in the first half.

Technically they're both penalties, but they were both missed

Cammo

Bench
Ah, I see.

So your team lost and all of a sudden it's become a "pussies game".
If the Dogs won it would still be a tough sport, right?

Nope, for the first time in years I didn't get membership and season tickets this year as I was disappointed in the way the game was going.

Tonight just reinforced my decision that the game has lost what made it great in the past. I don't like what it has become so I will leave it to those who do and move on to something else

T.S Quint

Coach
To be fair I'd be surprised if many people knew that rule.... I certainly didn't.

Which is why they should refrain from calling it wrong in case they end up looking like idiots.
Which is what happened.

It would be worth having someone in the commentary box who is well-versed in the rule book. Isn't David Middleton normally in the box? I would think he'd have the knowledge about these things.

Dogs Of War

Coach
They did ask someone to check the rules. It's just one of those that you could watch 20yrs of footy and never see. Well I hadn't until today and I've been watching for over 30yrs.

rabbitohs95

Bench
So the Dogs lose the Grand Final and cop it sweet, then 6 months later lose a regular season game and go bananas? That'll do me.

Common sense happened. Feeling for the refs atm, today they actually went really well and nothing they ruled was incorrect. Some people just don't understand that attacking the legs (whether there was intent or not) is against the rules. Constant back chatting and having a go at the ref is against the rules. It's simple.

Card Shark

Immortal
Nope, for the first time in years I didn't get membership and season tickets this year as I was disappointed in the way the game was going.

Tonight just reinforced my decision that the game has lost what made it great in the past. I don't like what it has become so I will leave it to those who do and move on to something else

It's not just rugby league that suffers, it's most things in life.

Nothing is simple anymore.

saint.nick

Coach
To be fair I'd be surprised if many people knew that rule.... I certainly didn't.

Aren't they supposed to be experts though?

With the confusion about the penalty goal being right in front, fair enough, but the logic to understand why Graham's challenge was penalised is really not that hard. Virtually everyone in that moment- and a lot of people after- overlooked the fact that with their logic, high tackles shouldn't be penalised because they're accidental.

Last edited:

Cammo

Bench
Good on you cammo. f**k off. We don't need pissweak fans like you anyway.

Don't worry sweetness, my wife keeps me from being pissweak each night. She is far more aggressive than what we see on the rugby league field these days

alien

Referee
What kick to the face & re: Knee if you don't want to get burnt don't play with matches (or in your case take up watching Basketball!)

he got kicked in the face whilst putting the ball down. you are not allowed to strike at the ball with your boot when the ball is being put down. he should be suspended for that, and is lucky he wasn't sent off. i'm not sure what you are trying to say to him with the rest of your post. injuries happen, but if they are a result of foul play, then it should be penalised. you saying otherwise doesn't make you tough. tryharder.

Last edited:

Latest posts