What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How many weeks for Graham

BranVan3000

Coach
I watched the post match conference and Hasler was very careful with what he said given it costs $10k to speak your mind. Just like he said he was surprised that Morris getting pushed in the back was missed.

Millard is shit and that could have easily been a penalty. Dogs were the better team on the night, but they also had plenty of chances to take the score out further to distinguish any chance of a comeback. In the end the Dogs can only blame themselves

Jason Maher

Immortal
How many games have you ever watched before? Contact with the kickers legs is a penalty. Contact with the head is a penalty. It doesn't matter if the contact is accidental. And of course if a player is seriously hurt and stays down there is a greater chance of the ref noticing the foul play. But because refs sometimes miss things, you've been dealt a grave injustice by the ref noticing this incident courtesy of a player being hurt? Cry more.

saint.nick

Coach
Look Dogz ov Wor, time to give it up. Even Rothfield gave it up after Harrigan advised how wrong he was when he wrote that the Dogs were robbed. It was a stonewall penalty, but I'm not surprised that Dogz fanz with a collective IQ of 50 can't understand that.

saint.nick

Coach
How many games have you ever watched before? Contact with the kickers legs is a penalty. Contact with the head is a penalty. It doesn't matter if the contact is accidental. And of course if a player is seriously hurt and stays down there is a greater chance of the ref noticing the foul play. But because refs sometimes miss things, you've been dealt a grave injustice by the ref noticing this incident courtesy of a player being hurt? Cry more.

Contact with the head is very usually accidental too. So many holes in their argument :lol:

Dogs Of War

Coach
Doesn't matter, game is over and nothing can change the result. Reynolds from reports is gone for 3-5mths. No word on Brett Morris yet. I'm getting on with life cause at the end of the day it's a game of footy.

ram raid

Bench
Well it's a different situation for one. One made up in a fantasy land that you guys want to exist that says it wasn't an accident and if Reynolds wasn't injured then I think no penalty would have been blown.

That's probably true but so what? A lot of head highs aren't given unless the player stays down.

Dogs had no luck today, they were the better team and deserved to win, but they weren't robbed.

Cammo

Bench
Cammo,your a nut mate.were you throwing shit at the refs.looks like the bulldogs wanted that one badly.i think its kasiano who has a massive case to answer.leading with the knees.there was 4 guys in that tackle if you count josh Morris boot as a player.james graham is no captain.he was yelling at the refs the whole match.wether his tackle was intentional or not look at the end result.shit just seems to gravitate towards him.pick a new captain des some one who has got an IQ over 10.bulldogs fans have a good hard look at yourself.Its only a game.

I have no issue with the 8 point try call and have not mentioned it at all as it was the correct call.

I was not at the game so can't have thrown anything either.

What shits me the most is that accidental contact these days is penalised as if it is deliberate and costs teams field position, and in this case the game.

The game has become soft and any case of a love tap or anything that supposedly sees a player stay down or get injured is penalised. It is destroying what made this game great

ellskimore

Juniors
I have to admit, I was initially sprouting on about the Dogs being robbed but with some cool down time realise that penalty was justified.

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
Graham - should get 0 weeks for this accident from a legal play.

But he'll probably get 3-4 weeks because the game and the judiciary are reactionary fools who think they can police accidents out of the game.

sretsoor

Juniors
0 weeks for mine. Zero foul play on the replays I have watched. He leaped for the ball and impacted the ground after he missed. Momentum carried him to the kickers leg = accidental. In other words a 'technical breach of the rule 'no contact with leg''. At no point is he aiming for Reynolds legs from the get go so no foul play.

Just another game decided by refs like 90% of other games. The actions post game are deplorable though.

saint.nick

Coach
0 weeks for mine. Zero foul play on the replays I have watched. He leaped for the ball and impacted the ground after he missed. Momentum carried him to the kickers leg = accidental. In other words a 'technical breach of the rule 'no contact with leg''. At no point is he aiming for Reynolds legs from the get go so no foul play.

Just another game decided by refs like 90% of other games. The actions post game are deplorable though.

This is deadset the funniest and most desperate excuse I have seen all night. Congratulations.

aqua_duck

Coach
Plus now every kicker that has someone attempting a charge down come in contact with them will stay down and earn themselves a penalty 40 metres down the field in front of the goalposts.

You've missed the point mate, contact isn't the issue, it's contact with the legs, charge downs and attempted charge downs occur every game, 99% of them don't result in a kicker having his legs taken out (intentional or otherwise).

pHyR3

Juniors
0 weeks.

rules state if he commits before the ball is kicked its fine which he clearly did after watching the replay.

and im not a dogs supporter, still pissed they beat us last week after some dodgy knock on off the kick off calls and penalties last week.

Cammo

Bench
You've missed the point mate, contact isn't the issue, it's contact with the legs, charge downs and attempted charge downs occur every game, 99% of them don't result in a kicker having his legs taken out (intentional or otherwise).

Then why weren't there any penalties against the players taking on Thurston?

aqua_duck

Coach
0 weeks.

rules state if he commits before the ball is kicked its fine which he clearly did after watching the replay.

and im not a dogs supporter, still pissed they beat us last week after some dodgy knock on off the kick off calls and penalties last week.
You've taken the rule out of context, the rule is for late contact not dangerous contact, any contact with a kickers legs is dangerous contact (intentional or otherwise).

saint.nick

Coach
Rothfield even had to edit his 'Dogs were robbed' article. I really do think that settles this debate.