What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The bottle incident could have been avoided

Big Sam

First Grade
I went to 15+ soccer games in Europe, plus watched a few a weekend, never saw it once. You got links?

You would have seen at those matches that bottles, be they plastic or glass, are not even allowed to be possessed by fans. The food and drink people pour the beverage into a plastic cup (similar to the cheap freebie ones you got at movies as a kid). The cups are too light to be an effective projectile.

Green River Eel

Juniors
Typical disgraceful stuff from dogs fans, im afraid id expect nothing less from them, i heard a souths fan was king hit at the ground too, pretty sad but typical stuff.

RWB

Bench
You would have seen at those matches that bottles, be they plastic or glass, are not even allowed to be possessed by fans. The food and drink people pour the beverage into a plastic cup (similar to the cheap freebie ones you got at movies as a kid). The cups are too light to be an effective projectile.

Instead they throw coins... give me bottles any day of the week.

RWB

Bench
The biggest hazard with staying out on the field is the potential for the ground to be swarmed by fans. It only takes a couple idiots to jump the gates and the rest hurl over like a bunch of sheep and all of a sudden the situation becomes unmanageable for security and police. It's not something I can ever recall happening in Australia but that doesn't mean we should be naive to the potential of it happening.

Running up the tunnel was the smartest thing to do, get out of view as quick as possible of the angry fans. Maybe there might have been a smarter exit though, I know there's a couple of entry/exit points to the field.

canberra_raiders2k2

First Grade
Yawn.

Shit happens from every fan base. Not long ago a souths fan exposed himself on television. We had a queenslander urinating om a seat.

In short. ..way to many feral people in our society.

Cammo

Bench
Yawn.

Shit happens from every fan base. Not long ago a souths fan exposed himself on television. We had a queenslander urinating om a seat.

In short. ..way to many feral people in our society.

But i was Bulldogs fans so we need to beat it up to be bigger than Ben Hur

canberra_raiders2k2

First Grade
We've had dragons fans throwing coins at tallis. An origin where everyone was pelted by bottles.

I travel around and see many games. Regardless on who is playing I'm bound to see a fistacuff. Heck several years ago I witnessed several souths fans punching on with each other. I've had a tigers fan try and fight my sister. I'd even see a raiders fan squatting and dropping nuggets in the car park lol

Crossbow

Juniors
Cammo don't go out tonight you'll get locked up.do yourself a favour go home and kick the dog !!!

canberra_raiders2k2

First Grade
Didn't a panthers fan ko someone on a train a few months ago.

Bigger issues in our game then a few nut bag fans.

Whoever did the risk assessment at anz needs a new job

saint.nick

Coach
We've had dragons fans throwing coins at tallis. An origin where everyone was pelted by bottles.

I travel around and see many games. Regardless on who is playing I'm bound to see a fistacuff. Heck several years ago I witnessed several souths fans punching on with each other. I've had a tigers fan try and fight my sister. I'd even see a raiders fan squatting and dropping nuggets in the car park lol

Of course every club has that minority, the Dogs' minority just seems to be a lot bigger, that's all.

canberra_raiders2k2

First Grade
My point is its overly sensitive people blaming the entire fan base when it clearly isn't.

OK the bulldogs have a large fan base from the middle eastern areas. So do Parra and the dragons. Even souths.

it's not the bulldogs fans it's general cowardice fan mentality. It's the thought that some dick head assumes he won't get caught and then the rest follow.

saint.nick

Coach
There's no need to be so PC about this. Dogs fans have a terrible and infamous reputation for a reason.

Latest posts