What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Where now for Barba ?

Sharkbite

Juniors
For mine I think Barba should be given more time at 5/8. I have always had a high opinion of Jack Bird and believe he will be even more lethal for us at centre. Doesn't have blinding pace but is quick and runs great lines. I would drop Beale. At least Ricky"s footwork is done on the ground, not in the air !!

Since 73

First Grade
You can't play barba nsw cup. He would have a target on his head and his confidence would be shot.

Bird has to start at 5/8.

Barba plays fullback.

The Popper

Bench
Who bloody knows wot's gonna happen. Me? I'd keep Bird there. But Flanno once said `we like to grind it out'. We didn't do that today. We played with flair. I just hope he keeps Bird where he is.
I feel Barba should get a blazer too. Player to go? Possibly Beale? Or even Prior? Barba can also add flair. Three in the backs:- Bird, Holmes, Barba, and then Gordon and Feki and we're starting to get a decent backline.

azzah72

Bench
Barba needs to earn that spot back, if that means super sub until he gets his confidence back then so be it.

I still think an in-form barba is a better option than bird, bird isn't that much different to graham other then being a bit faster and having self confidence oozing out of him.

Bird gets my pick for 6 for now, which I'll admit was a baffling decision to me when picked but he proved me wrong and am happy about that.

We still have a lot of work in attack though, we won the game but in that first half, we had 60% possession and a lot of it on their 30 and got 4 points.

We still have a road ahead.

I said in another thread that I believed we needed at least 10 points by our first bye, I thought the titans would definitely be 2 points and roosters not, it went the other way so now we are on track again.

Tutu

Juniors
Barba to super-sub for mine.

But I did give some thought to dropping Beale or Leutele and going:

1. Barba
2. Gordon
3. Beale or Leutele
4. Feki
5. Gordon
6. Bird
7. Robbo

Since 73

First Grade
How the ff**k do you drop Holmes - he looks like breaking the line evry time he touches it.

Gordon hasn't made a break since the millenium bug

Tucky

Juniors
Tutu's got Gordon in there twice, so don't think he wants Holmes dropped Since.

Card Shark

Immortal
Holmes - he looks like breaking the line evry time he touches it.

He breaks tackles at will - I'm not really sure why?

Obviously he has good footwork but even when he seems held, he gets free.

Must be stronger than he appears.

Click2000

Juniors
I'd play Barber at 5/8 still and put Bird at centre I want Bird with the ball with space the guy is such a strong runner of the ball!!! Barber was ok at 5/8 just not setting the world on fire in attack but with bird out wide and Holmes at the back Barber will come alive ..... which centre do you drop though ?

rabbitohs95

Bench
Can't believe people are suggesting Barba back to 5/8. Until he gets his kicking right, and until Bird shows bad signs there, i'd probably slot him on the bench and put him on for impact when defences are tired at fullback and switch the backs up a bit.

Card Shark

Immortal
After we got so tired yesterday after having all the possession, I don't think we can afford to waste a bench spot with him.

Vin Fizz

Bench
Birdy won us the game yesterday with some individual brilliance but im giving the MOM to Val. We had stacks of sets on their line and didn't get over the stripe for an age. The really good attacking sides would have put a couple maybe 3 on their opposition with that sort of pill in the attacking zone. We were much much better and looked like an NRL side but still not deadly. So Val has to stay at FB switching with Flash as they did yesterday. Birdy has done nothing to deserve losing his spot as 5/8 and Flanno surely wouldn't mess with that. I like Barba on the bench. Bring him on with Toups who was incredibly damaging when it counted yesterday. If Barba runs off those offloads into tired forwards they will open up. No to BB back at 5/8.

Dogs Of War

Coach
Barba as a bench player as the Bulldogs used him initially is the best option. Though he is an expensive benchy, it may be a role that he needs to get his confidence back knowing that whatever minutes he plays he needs to be quality.

carcharias

Immortal
Glad I don't have to pick the team.
Barba could potentially be the best in the team.
FB is his best spot IMO
Val was great though
Would a Gordon Barba Holmes back 3 be a bad thing?
Bit hard to drop Feki to the bench though.

Latest posts