What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

tv kit clashes

SpaceMonkey

Immortal
Sometimes find it hard to tell who's who in Penrith v warriors games

Keep having to tell the kids who are actually playing and who's who.

As a Warriors fan id be happy if we stick to the black jerseys against everyone bar Penrith away. In Auckland you guys can wear your alternate.

POPEYE

Coach
I didn't see the Storm/Cowboys game but no wonder Melbourne lost, horizontal stripes not only look unflattering they are easier to keep in peripheral vision

Those grey tigers jerseys are hideous they should've worn their orange kit against parra even vossy brought it up during the telecast saying the grey didn't make sense and I have to agree with him!

sensesmaybenumbed

Staff member
Those grey tigers jerseys are hideous they should've worn their orange kit against parra even vossy brought it up during the telecast saying the grey didn't make sense and I have to agree with him!

The grey strip has replaced the orange one as the alternate this year. It looks awful.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
The Tigers' 'orange kit' this year is their 2005 premiership strip I believe.

sensesmaybenumbed

Staff member
what a shame!the Orange kit would've been a better look for tv too!why they can't honor the western suburbs side of the merger better than a little magpie on the sleeve has got me!

It's a very difficult balance to please everyone. Some people have even bailed because of it, the rest of us will move forward.

The Tigers' 'orange kit' this year is their 2005 premiership strip I believe.

True, it's the heritage strip for 2015.

Kirky

Juniors
I remember a few years ago there was an insane clash between Manly and some other team. IIRC Manly were doing an armed forces promotional jumper, and had a white uniform with maroon spots on it, and their opposition were promoting milk (?) and had a white uniform with cow spots on it. I had no idea what was happening the entire game. The mate I was watching with couldn't believe it, comments "surely on Monday morning the NRL sits down, looks at who's playing who, looks at the uniforms and says 'well you can't both wear white'."

SpaceMonkey

Immortal
"surely on Monday morning the NRL sits down, looks at who's playing who, looks at the uniforms and says 'well you can't both wear white'."

That definitely happens because a few years ago in the prelim finals the Warriors weren't allowed to wear their alternate white strip in Townsville because the Cowboys had chosen to wear their white strip that day and the two clashed. So why it isn;t enforced all the time I don't know.

Perth Red

Post Whore
In ESL the alternate kit is usually a totally different colour scheme. In NRL they just seem to change the pattern and use the same colours. Doh!
Its less an alternate, more a slight variation.

gronkathon

First Grade
I like the grey kit and it has actually been one of the better sellers. Second in sales behind the Anzac jersey I believe

big hit!

Bench
I like the grey kit and it has actually been one of the better sellers. Second in sales behind the Anzac jersey I believe

and technically, it's not even grey. it's predominantly white with a grey panel on the front, and maybe grey socks (from memory)

basically, it does its job in that it provides an effective contrast to their main kit which means that it probably means their kit set is effective against most others in the League.

While Balmain are lead balloon financially and Western Suburbs essentially control the merger, black and white with just a hint of orange will make up the bulk of kits at the Tigers going forward.

For mine, Canberra have the best kit in the League at the moment. The addition of white socks to their main strip is classy. Well done, Raiders.

You want Kit clashes? Check this one out from the Q-Cup on the weekend http://www.qrl.com.au/news/2015/04/06/hampton_stars_in_cru.html

Such a shame. Either team's other jersey would've avoided a clash:

08e245962aa40cec584eb65cc1844b37.jpg

24mar15-round4.jpg

Indeed, the Falcon's away looks very smart.

bedlam breakout

Juniors
same again -warriors v cowboys- from the back who was who? dark shirts shorts and socks on both sides making for irritating viewing - cmon nrl sort it out.