What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Does Brad Arthur deserve the hype?

I would like to hear more about this sports science, preferably a Casper-length post explaining its origins, development, current practices and the benefits for our club.

IFR33K

Coach
Let's not forget we came off 2 spoons and nearly got the hatrick. We are probably still paying the price of having SK as coach if we believe what sandow and hoppa are on. It's a damn miracle we were in contention for the eight last year. If peats and manu don't get injured I dare say we would of played September footy. BA has at the minimum turned us into a decent footy team. 2011, 12 and 13 are the darkest days I've witnessed since I've followed this team. He has implemented his own structures and seems to be getting the best out of most players. Has identified some weak areas and has a plan to take us forward into the future. Most importantly he seems to have respect and held in high regards from current and previous players (manly).

It's a B+ from me.

Ron Jeremy

Coach
Arthur's needs the biddy, Arthur's likes the biddy, biddy make Arthur's strong.

south-park-s11e09c14-bono-is-crap-16x9.jpg

lingard

Coach
and that will be Foran's role next year. On what I have seen, Norman should be running the show, with Sandow injecting himself into the attack at opportune times. Too often we look like headless cooks in the opposition 20.

Headless cooks? Good analogy. Imagine the sort of a meal they'd dish up.

El Diablo

Post Whore
http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sp...-fortunes-around/story-fni3ga7r-1227303919728

Eels coach Brad Arthur has players convinced he can turn Parramatta’s fortunes around

CHRISTIAN NICOLUSSI
The Daily Telegraph
April 15, 2015 12:00AM

SOME OF the game’s biggest stars continually rave about coach Brad Arthur — now long-suffering Parramatta fans are waiting to see if the hype is warranted.

The Eels have just two wins after six rounds, and face tough road trips to Newcastle and competition leaders Brisbane.

If they’re not careful, they could easily find themselves having to make up too much ground in the premiership race.

Internationals Kieran Foran and Beau Scott will head west to play under Arthur next year.

So what is it about Arthur, the intense bloke with a career record of just 16 wins from 36 NRL games, that has his current crop of players convinced he can turn the club’s fortunes around, starting with this weekend?

To be fair to Arthur, he did win 12 games last season, which was more than double what the Eels had chalked up the previous two seasons.

But passionate Parramatta fans won’t cop another downward spiral on the ladder.

High-profile recruit Anthony Watmough said Arthur “helps you as a person and as a player, and he doesn’t overlook a thing’’.

“You don’t want to be going into a game with doubts, and he’ll tell you what to work on and what you need to be better at for the team,’’ Watmough said.

Chris Sandow said: “When he talks, you listen. You just want to play for him.’’

David Gower added: “He’s honest and makes everyone accountable, not only to yourself, but your teammates and your coaching staff.

“Brad is the first one to put his hand up to say, ‘is there anything I need to be doing better for us as a team? And it’s always ‘us’, it’s never ‘me’ or ‘you’.

“He wears his heart on his sleeve, and he expects that from his players. You want to go to war with a bloke like that.’’

But what about the Knights?

How can a team dust the premiers, then two weeks later get flogged by the Gold Coast at home?

“We stepped out of the game for three and four-minute stages,’’ Gower said of the shock loss to the Titans.

“We threw two intercept tries, a couple of times they scored on our edges ... in the NRL, we shouldn’t be making those mistakes. We’ve done video and know where we went wrong, we understand every team in this competition can beat anyone on any given day — we have to respect every team we come up against, and more importantly, we have to respect ourselves and know what we’re capable of, and what we can do when we play ‘Parramatta footy’.

“Good sides can play poorly and win, unfortunately for us we need to play well all the time to win, and that’s something we have to make sure we’re on top of every week.’’

Latest posts