What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Terminator: Genesis

vvvrulz

Coach
T3 was easily the worst. I can't see how anyone could think otherwise

T3 was bad but in a different way to Salvation, to me at least T3 was entertaining and the plot was engaging enough. Of course the T-X sucked, the humour was always poorly placed and Stahl was a woeful miscast.

Salvation was a collection of ideas badly cobbled together... I mean what was the real point of the movie, the human resistance? John Connors journey to find Kyle Reese? Sam Worthington's character finding himself? Connor accepting Worthington? A depiction of how the machines took over and killed/enslaved the humans? Lots of ideas but didn't really do justice to anything.

Both were average, but found Salvation worse.

Just my opinion of course.

T.S Quint

Coach
I've stopped watching trailers for movies I already know I want to watch.
I might have a look at the first one that comes out because they don't usually show much, but after that I don't want to see anything.
I was in the cinema on the weekend and had to put my fingers in my ears and close my eyes because they started showing the Age of Ultron trailer.

The Terminator: Salvation trailer was one of the worst offenders of giving away twists. I'm sure we weren't suppoed to know that Worthington was a cyborg, but we did because we already saw it in the trailer.

fightingirish69

Juniors
Salvation is the worst of the four by a country mile, it's absolute crap

That's not to say it doesn't have good ideas, it could have been great if not for:
  • Interesting setup with Marcus wasted
  • Entire Skynet 'plot' based on wild coincidences
  • Character motivations making no sense
  • Minor characters forgettable and pointless
  • A confused Bale and Worthington phoning it in
  • Terminators and Skynet terrible at killing
  • 10 mins of flashback in T1/T2 much more intense and scary than anything in T4
  • Trailer giving away the Marcus plot twist
  • .... etc

It doesn't end, its a royal mess of a movie.

and the fact the common character was able to knock out a terminator [marcus] with the but of gun.... laughed my guts at that

fightingirish69

Juniors
Looks like they've finally realised if they're going to make any success of this franchise henceforth - the movie needs to look and feel like a f**king Terminator movie (i.e like 1 & 2 - dark, brooding, gloomy). I might actually have to give this one a crack without bias. They might have done a decent job here.

t 1 was dark and brooding, t2 was sappy and sacharine even though i loved it

Looks awesome. It's a terminator movie, who cares about the acting, no terminator movie has had good acting except furlong in t2. Arnie can't act, but he's an entertainer and that's what this movie will be.

I can see critics poo pooing this movie for acting or too much cgi or too many explosions or stupid one liners. These people need to get over themselves, they know that this movie will be like that so don't watch it if it annoys you.

Game_Breaker

Coach
I've stopped watching trailers for movies I already know I want to watch.
I might have a look at the first one that comes out because they don't usually show much, but after that I don't want to see anything.
I was in the cinema on the weekend and had to put my fingers in my ears and close my eyes because they started showing the Age of Ultron trailer.

The Terminator: Salvation trailer was one of the worst offenders of giving away twists. I'm sure we weren't suppoed to know that Worthington was a cyborg, but we did because we already saw it in the trailer.

Well the new trailer for Genisys reveals a huge plot twist. I won't say what it is, and tbf it will probably be during the first half of the film, but still would've been better to find out in the cinema rather than youtube.

So avoid the trailer if you can

Evil_Mush

Juniors
I still love watching trailers as part of the movie-going experience (at the cinema in particular but also dating back to the rented-VHS tapes), but agreed that when it comes to some of the big blockbustery movies in recent years, it seems they're sacrificing more and more the mindblowing feeling one should experience when a big reveal of some surprise character/moment occurs for the first time in the trailers instead of the movie itself.

I've never understood people that claim they enjoy a movie (or TV show or game or whatever) just as much knowing the 'spoilers' as if they hadn't known. Sure you can still enjoy something knowing what's coming, but not getting that HOLYSH!T moment that hits you right in the FEELS as part of the package of watching the movie (or whatever medium) is a real shame.

Oh well, will still watch this movie when it comes out, but l hope this John Conner thing isn't set up in the movie to be all "SURPRISE!" considering half the world will know about it soon enough (I've already seen a bunch of articles slamming the spoilerificness of this trailer since the above douchey post).