What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

1st Test: West Indies v England at Antigua, April 13-17 2015

lockyno1

Post Whore
Was the bowling too fast for Trotty? First flight home or will he actually tough this one out?

lockyno1

Post Whore
Oh please..I thought it was too 'tough' for him to travel.......Seems to be doing fine now. I am sorry you want to bone him, but I don't buy it. If he was that 'down' he wouldn't be travelling now. I hope MJ bowls bouncers at him all through the Ashes. At least it is a short trip home for good old Trotty.

Arthur Daily

Juniors
A bit of early movement made batting a little tricky with some good testing bowling accounting for Trott, Cook and Ballance. After that the pitch dry out and Bell and Root took the advantage.
The rocks and diamonds of Ian Bell's career threw up a diamond with some impressive batting today. Its a shame he can't do it more consistently.
Root looked in good touch but appeared more restraint after some treatment on his back and wasn't the same afterwards.
I hope Stokes goes on to his 2nd century as he play really well. England need to somehow keep him in the top 6 along with Moeen Ali when he returns from injury.
Their top order will be exposed back home if Cook and Trott continue to struggle.

Oh please..I thought it was too 'tough' for him to travel.......Seems to be doing fine now. I am sorry you want to bone him, but I don't buy it. If he was that 'down' he wouldn't be travelling now. I hope MJ bowls bouncers at him all through the Ashes. At least it is a short trip home for good old Trotty.

Is Australia is closer to South Africa than Barbados?

vvvrulz

Coach

I don't think I've ever agreed with Locky, but I had a good hearty laugh when I saw that doughnut next to Trott. Sorry but nobody is convincing me that his demon was indeed depression/burnout and not Johnson firebolts.

It mocks real cases such as Trescothick, that poor guy was clearly suffering and from memory left a tour before a ball was even bowled and never returned.

Happy to be proven wrong, but imo Trott is just a wanker

Tommy Smith

Referee
Trott is indeed a wanker.

And should never have played for England again after his dog act of leaving the Ashes Tour.

lockyno1

Post Whore
Trott is indeed a wanker.

And should never have played for England again after his dog act of leaving the Ashes Tour.

This. Give people with actual issues like Trescothic had a bad name. Honestly no issue with Trott pulling out (although it is a bad look), but don't then pretend to be fine in a month and expect everyone to believe you. At least Swann had the right idea to retire.

Red Bear

Referee
Englands batsmen will probabaly have a field day with starc if he's opening the bowling in the Ashes

TheParraboy

Staff member
WI 4/155

Chanderpaul 29no

He is 40 years old, any news when he is gonna retire?, not that he needs to, still can go on for a couple of years. Hope we see him touring down under, where he can try and improve his 30.20 average there from 11 tests

vvvrulz

Coach
WI 4/155

Chanderpaul 29no

He is 40 years old, any news when he is gonna retire?, not that he needs to, still can go on for a couple of years. Hope we see him touring down under, where he can try and improve his 30.20 average there from 11 tests

Chanderpaul will be 50 batting alongside his son and he'll still be left stranded 76 not out

Hutty1986

Immortal
Just saw the score. Tredwell 4/47? The bloke looks like he should be playing 11th grade somewhere