What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured and Confirmed Signings and even more Crap XXI

Status
Not open for further replies.

Avenger

Immortal
There is no other Rep quality centre available. Tim Simona is still unsigned and was linked to us a few weeks ago. He is also a left centre, Hopoate is a right centre.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
I thought we had spent our salary cap, according to some article I read the other day, not that that means much.

If we after some one decent maybe we need to sell, sell, sell.

Avenger

Immortal
I thought we had spent our salary cap, according to some article I read the other day, not that that means much.

If we after some one decent maybe we need to sell, sell, sell.

Morgan is on ridiculous money. That money can be given to Simona. Combined with Lussick there is about $850k. That should be more than enough for Scott and Simona. In addition Terepo will more than likely not be re-signed which could be used to upgrade Pauli's contract.

Jason70

Juniors
There is no other Rep quality centre available. Tim Simona is still unsigned and was linked to us a few weeks ago. He is also a left centre, Hopoate is a right centre.

Hope its true. Maybe being purchased to play fullback?

eel speel

Juniors
Morgan is on ridiculous money. That money can be given to Simona. Combined with Lussick there is about $850k. That should be more than enough for Scott and Simona. In addition Terepo will more than likely not be re-signed which could be used to upgrade Pauli's contract.

How do you know what money Morgan is on? Or Lussick for that matter? Unless you have seen the contract you don't really know, so it's all speculation. Most of the speculation on a player's contract in the media is driven by player managers these days. It's a tactic they use to try and get more players to their agency.

Some merkin in the media wrote a good article on all player's contract being made public - like they do in the NFL and other American sports. That could help everyone work out who they want in their roster when they want to buy and sell players

Avenger

Immortal
If the CEO's salaries of many companies are made public can't see why footballers are being so precious about their pay being disclosed.

The other day on NRL360 Michael Ennis stated that he does not want people staring at him on the street knowing how much he is on. Usually he is quite articulate but on this occasion he sounded stupid.

Last edited:

Incorrect

Coach
If the CEO's salaries of many companies are made public can't see why footballers are being so precious about their pay being disclosed.

Well it's all about shareholders and their right to know what the big cheese running their company is earning.

Parra have no such shareholders so there is no requirement for such transparency.

From what I was told by someone who has a bit to do with the training staff at Wenty, Morgan's last contract was quite handsome indeed, especially considering where his development (or lack thereof) is at in 2014/2015

Gronk

Staff member
I don't think it's anyone's business to know what a footballer earns.

It's not your money.

Avenger

Immortal
Well it's all about shareholders and their right to know what the big cheese running their company is earning.

Parra have no such shareholders so there is no requirement for such transparency.

From what I was told by someone who has a bit to do with the training staff at Wenty, Morgan's last contract was quite handsome indeed, especially considering where his development (or lack thereof) is at in 2014/2015

We don't have shareholders but we have members who can technically but indirectly hire and fire. Not much difference really.

Joshuatheeel

Staff member
Signing Simona wouldn't solve our fullback issue. And if Hoppa does re-sign it means we have three NRL centres, unless Brad T moves to the forwards or bench which I doubt is likely. Simona is listed as being able to play fullback, is he an option back there?

If Hoppa does re-sign and Simona rumour is true, I say either Sandow or Norman are gone.

Also could the back rumour be Johnson?

The other day on NRL360 Michael Ennis stated that he does not want people staring at him on the street knowing how much he is on. Usually he is quite articulate but on this occasion he sounded stupid.

Do we make public the salaries of the employees of public corporations (outside the Board and top 5 execs)? Nope. Executive compensation for public corporations are disclosed because those execs are responsible for spending other people's (i.e. shareholders /creditors) money.

The simple question is, would you have any reservations about publishing details of your entire income?

Avenger

Immortal
Do we make public the salaries of the employees of public corporations (outside the Board and top 5 execs)? Nope. Executive compensation for public corporations are disclosed because those execs are responsible for spending other people's (i.e. shareholders /creditors) money.

The simple question is, would you have any reservations about publishing details of your entire income?

If I was in the public eye I wouldn't care, Baz.

If I was in the public eye I wouldn't care, Baz.

I probably wouldn't either, but I don't think it is unreasonable that individuals wish the details of their income sources to be kept out the public domain. You can imagine the rise in alimony payments for starters :)

who ever it is they have to be a fullback, we have hoppa and taka for centres and Semi for one wing and either Robbo, goodall or boritto for the other.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts