What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Moses

Rome wasn't built in a day Mac. Look at the season in context.

So far we're 3/6 and two of those games we've lost we were well in. We were unlucky in respect to the calls made on Manu's two tries on the weekend and we plain ol' choked against the Dogs. We're winning games and going close to winning games without a unit attacking in sync. If you told me before the season started we were going to win games off the back of our defence this year I'd have laughed at you.

JT has done well improving the defence of the side, both individually and as a unit. Once Moses and Brooks click it will give teams a very real problem with four legitimate strike weapons in the spine.

They've been below par to start the year but they are working to the coaches plan and it seems he is pleased with the results thus far. I certainly expected a far worse start to the season.

Tigers Tale

Juniors
Rome wasn't built in a day Mac. Look at the season in context.

So far we're 3/6 and two of those games we've lost we were well in. We were unlucky in respect to the calls made on Manu's two tries on the weekend and we plain ol' choked against the Dogs. We're winning games and going close to winning games without a unit attacking in sync. If you told me before the season started we were going to win games off the back of our defence this year I'd have laughed at you.

JT has done well improving the defence of the side, both individually and as a unit. Once Moses and Brooks click it will give teams a very real problem with four legitimate strike weapons in the spine.

They've been below par to start the year but they are working to the coaches plan and it seems he is pleased with the results thus far. I certainly expected a far worse start to the season.

This is not a bad summation Charlatan. On the odd few times I have seen Brooks, Moses and Tedesco all fire at once we ran riot over other sides....trouble is it doesn't happen enough. If and when they do get their confidence I reckon we will go on to win a lot more games.

I do think you are right in saying Taylor is setting the match plans for Brooks and Moses to stick to and the match plans have been OK because we are winning or being very competitive in all our games. There is a lot to like but I think most supporters are like me....impatient!!!

Last edited:

Fordy20

Juniors
Lawrence's speed lack could be negated by having a good #6 that puts him in the right place and on the right line.

Moses hands the ball to Lawrence too early nearly every time. He needs to run with the ball in hand a bit longer and put Lawrence on a straight line where he is 1-on-1 with a defender. That is Lawrence's bread and butter. Lawrence can draw and pass reasonably well too.

Simona has the opposite problem, he doesn't get the ball in space. Sounds like they need to swap sides and both players will be getting the style of service they need.

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
Brooks is using Sironen very well at the moment. Sironen has been playing very flat and running good strong lines.

Today's game leaves us no closer to answering the burning question of who is worse out of Moses and Brooks. Moses shows plenty of enthusiasm in defence but offers less than either Braith Anasta or Brendan Magnus in attack. Brooks will end the season with a decent number of try assists and is willing in defence but he is still a speedbump and fails to come up with the clutch plays. Their kicking games are as bad as each other's.

Does anybody know the fewest try assists by a half across a season? Braith Anasta alternated between the forwards and 5/8 which excludes him. My money is on someone like Travis Bird.

Tiger05

First Grade
I think both are really good options but Brooks needs to work on his defence and Moses needs to work on his attack.

There were some really good plays from both of them out there but it wasn't enough and they need to be better.

Das Hassler

Bench
Moses tries hard but Moltzen showed far more in the halves at the same age and puting longterm potential aside probably still does now

TYGA

Juniors
Brooks and Moses need to play. We are not going to threaten
For the premiership and they need experience.
We need some forwards with impact off the bench.
Taylor has to wear the blame for this loss with
His poor bench rotations.

Das Hassler

Bench
At 6 Moltzen threatens with the ball in hand and can read the game....the chances of him getting a shot at it now (with Moses anointment) are probably less than zero so what's it matter anyway

wittyfan

Referee
Today's game leaves us no closer to answering the burning question of who is worse out of Moses and Brooks. Moses shows plenty of enthusiasm in defence but offers less than either Braith Anasta or Brendan Magnus in attack. Brooks will end the season with a decent number of try assists and is willing in defence but he is still a speedbump and fails to come up with the clutch plays. Their kicking games are as bad as each other's.

Magnus? That's a low blow.

At 6 Moltzen threatens with the ball in hand and can read the game.........

Is JT the type to think outside the square? Does the 'team' benefit from bringing Moltzen back into 1st grade? His defence was never his strong point after all.

By thinking out of the square, what are the options?
Simona at 6 and DN into the centre? But David is not back yet, what about Hoeter into the centre?

Would JT consider something very wide of left field and try Luani or Cherrington at 5/8 ? What does that give the team? Guys who are far better defence wise than Moses and Moltzen but without the ball playing ability .....but wait, we haven't seen that from Moses as yet anyway.
Is it a left field idea? Look at Koroisau at Penrith, Stewart at Souths.

Fordy20

Juniors
You guys must be really desperate to be calling Moltzen. He'll be a good player to have on the books along with Halatau if the NRL moves to having two substitutes on the bench.

Latest posts