What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2015 R7 v Raiders

Vic Mackey

Referee
Farah, woods, Galloway and taupau were all off the field at a stage

It's fcking diabolical from Taylor, not the first time he has done it either.

Buchanan is garbage. I don't care if lodge has bashed 100 bouncers and been injured for 4 years. He is fit now and offers a million times more then Buchanan.

I'd have cherrington on the bench next week to show Farah he isn't untouchable and need to improve. Halataus been good as a running forward but his service from dummyhalf is terrible.

By the way, good to see our fine record of making f**king bums look like a superstars continued today in FPN being named man of the match.

I regard Rhy Wesser, Luke Burt and Chris Hicks as the three best players I've ever seen play (against the Tigers). Someone ought to make a team of plodder whose career highlights have all come against the Tigers.

Tigers Tale

Juniors
Brooks and Moses appear to turn to mud when the pressure is on. They look like downhill skiiers - great when things are going well but when the pressure is on they go missing.

Some bad mistakes by key players today - Farah and Woods come to mind.

Buchanan is absolutely terrible and gets dominated in every tackle.

There also appears to be no impact off our bench, unlike last season.

You are right Hybrid. People can carry on about the potential of Brooks and Moses, I am now seriously wondering if they will ever amount to anything (other than taking a large piece of our salary cap). The three positions that touch the ball the most and are required to make the correct decisions time after time are filled with players, in my opinion, that just seem to come up with dumb plays.

At 22 nil and to have 30 unanswered points, at home (we are talking Leichhardt not ANZ) to lose that match the way we did...that will do me. I hate to say it but 10-12 will be where we finish.

I regard Rhy Wesser, Luke Burt and Chris Hicks as the three best players I've ever seen play (against the Tigers). Someone ought to make a team of plodder whose career highlights have all come against the Tigers.

1. Luke Burt
2. Nathan Merritt
3. Brett Delaney
4. Luke O'Dwyer
5. Hazem El-Masri
6. Ben Roberts
7. Jeff Robson
8. Frank Paul
10. Martin Kennedy
11. Ben Smith
12. Sam Harris (his efforts at LO in 05 were enough for Sheenius to sign him)
13. Feleti Mateo

Honestly the team could just be a who's who of Parra spastics from 2005-2013. I'm sure there's some obvious people I've missed who can fill in the rest of the places.

I've left a few notables out, Gasnier, Anasta, Luke and Pritchard at various points in their careers were actually capable players.

Last edited:
You are right Hybrid. People can carry on about the potential of Brooks and Moses, I am now seriously wondering if they will ever amount to anything (other than taking a large piece of our salary cap). The three positions that touch the ball the most and are required to make the correct decisions time after time are filled with players, in my opinion, that just seem to come up with dumb plays.

At 22 nil and to have 30 unanswered points, at home (we are talking Leichhardt not ANZ) to lose that match the way we did...that will do me. I hate to say it but 10-12 will be where we finish.

I would be very content with a 10th - 12th place finish but unless we improve drastically I can't see us getting any higher than 15th.

Too many people have it in their mind that Brooks and Moses are just a matter of time away from clicking. Keep in mind how many talented junior footballers haven't' lived up to their billing. Those of you predicting a glittering career for the pair may be right - time will tell - but you are doing so on the basis of their junior performances and not on anything they've shown in the top grade.

1. Rhys Wesser
2. Luke Burt
3. Brett Delaney
4. Luke O'Dwyer/ Jerome Ropati/ Willie Talau/ Krisnan Inu
5. Hazem El-Masri
6. Ben Roberts
7. Jeff Robson
8. Frank Paul
9. Matt Ballin
10. Martin Kennedy
11. Ben Smith

Honestly the team could just be a who's who of Parra spastics from 2005-2013. I'm sure there's some obvious people I've missed who can fill in the rest of the places.

I've left a few notables out, Gasnier, Anasta, Luke and Pritchard at various points in their careers were actually capable players.

macnaz

Staff member
The biggest disappointment in that game was prior to half time , we had nearly a minute to go with our scrum feed and we just let it tick away to the break . We were ahead by 10 wind at our back , and we didnt even have the passion to have one more crack at points. Name any NRL side worthy of finals that would close shop like that , if they lacked hunger at that stage its no wonder we meekly surrender at the slightest hint of pressure when real hunger is needed.

Last edited:

macnaz

Staff member
1. Rhys Wesser
2. Luke Burt
3. Brett Delaney
5. Hazem El-Masri
6. Ben Roberts
7. Jeff Robson
8. Frank Paul
10. Martin Kennedy
11. Ben Smith

Where is Meritt... he actually had to run past players to score against us , a feat not seen in his other tries.. fmd he even kicked a highlights reel field goal.
Throw in SKD .his best was always against us.

Ron's_Mate

Bench
1. Rhys Wesser
2. Luke Burt
3. Brett Delaney
5. Hazem El-Masri
6. Ben Roberts
7. Jeff Robson
8. Frank Paul
10. Martin Kennedy
11. Ben Smith

13. Feleti Mateo - we made him look like a superstar a few times. He probably thanks the Tigers for getting a few good contracts after playing us.

Where is Meritt... he actually had to run past players to score against us , a feat not seen in his other tries.. fmd he even kicked a highlights reel field goal.
Throw in SKD .his best was always against us.

Shit Merritt is a good one, we made him look good many times.

As for TV Ted's suggestions, Inu is actually a decent player on his day as as Talau, O'Dwyer was one I considered but was more a backrower, Ropati wasn't really in my head, either/or is good.

Feleti Mateo definitely belongs though, we just need a class 9 to go in there and we're set.

Knightmare

Coach
Yeah St George are oozing depth. . What we lack is good ole f**king pride.
They are the laughing stock of the NRL . Totally embarrassing to support this club.

Knights fans might have a thing or two to say about this...

hybrid_tiger

Coach
I believe we have the worst record of any NRL club over the last 16 years, correct me if I'm wrong?

I'm sick of it, every year it's the same. We'll come good, we have a young side, we need to be patient. So frustrating.

Vic Mackey

Referee
I believe we have the worst record of any NRL club over the last 16 years, correct me if I'm wrong?

I'm sick of it, every year it's the same. We'll come good, we have a young side, we need to be patient. So frustrating.

You are correct.

I'm sick of every year being a rebuilding year. It's beyond a joke now.

dumpy

Juniors
Did anyone notice that the ref got it completely wrong in the 76 minute and 46 seconds, Tedesco fumbled ball backwards attempting to catch ball on full, and on the 4th tackle the ref called "last tackle". Poor old Lawrence was tackled and the ball was handed over on halfway. We were not afforded a full set of 6 considering the raiders scored in the very next set.

Das Hassler

Bench
I was wondering about that but i was pretty sure it was 5..i looked at the tackle counter at the bottom of the screen and saw it roll over from 4 to 5 on the tackle..the commentator also sounded surprised that it was the last when he was caught with the ball

(edit)....i missread your post....we saw the same thing then

Had to work today so missed watching the game,heard a score update on the radio 22-0 WT ,the commentator remarked that this game had a long way to go,i thought then and there, if there is any team that could snatch defeat from the jaws of victory it is the WT...

gronkathon

First Grade
The wind was an awkward one.

in attack the Raiders worked out it was all going through Tedesco and shut him down.

Still tried his guts out to his credit. He & Simona were the only backs to look likely today

Latest posts