What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Not all Doom and Gloom

TonyT6

Bench
I disagree with all that highlighted above.
Melbourne weren't threatened at all, their grubby tactics come from being a team full of grubs, not from feeling threatened. We didnt look like threatening to score a try once. It was pathetic.
I dont know what indication you have of us earning respect. I thought quite the opposite - theres a bigger chance they were laughing at some of the attacking 'plays' we attempted.
Refs were poor both ways. When at the game with my red-and-white glasses, I though Melbourne were constantly offside and holding down in the tackle, but a lot of the time we were just as bad.
And no, they weren't lucky to win. Our popgun attack never once looked like breaking them. We were comprehensively outplayed by a far better coached (although not necessarily more talented) team.

Just on the respect thing, Bellamy did say "they didn't throw much at us".Im sure they keeled over laughing when they saw the team sheet having George Rose starting

Ace-STi

Juniors
Not defending our attacking or lack of but Melb Storm were offside all night and refs did f**k all about it! Sometimes looked like they were going to blow a penalty but didn't