What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 8 vs Sharks

Injuries keep happening you got to say its more than bad luck.
Every club has injuries but we seem to have more the last 2 years than other clubs.
The players are either not training to their conditions properly or they are not getting enough recovery after matches properly.

A couple of things stand out for me this year.

Mansour needed a full shoulder reconstruction in the off season but was allowed to postpone it to represent Australia. I understand the honour I am not knocking him for taking his chance. But it appears he has struggled without a full off season and in my opinion he came back underdone and 2 weeks ago he was struggling and I thought carrying an injury. Now he is injured.

Soward need surgery on his back in the off season like Idris. Unlike Idris he got poor advice or thought he could handle the pain and its cost him and the club.

Idris had a few niggles before the Manly game and most thought he be would ruled out. He played we know what happened. I don't know if the niggle was his knee.

Hamstrings are a bastard to get right I hope Whare hasn't rushed back too early and I hope Taylor doesn't play this week either he isn't 100%.

NRL Late Mail: (Penrith) There are reports James Segeyaro (elbow) is out for a month, although this was denied by the club when contacted. The Panthers say he trained on Thursday. Elijah Taylor (knee) and Lewis Brown (ribs) are pushing to be late inclusions, but coach Ivan Cleary won’t take any risks if they are not fully fit. Dean Whare (hamstring) is right to return.

Cranky Sod

Juniors
Injuries keep happening you got to say its more than bad luck.
Every club has injuries but we seem to have more the last 2 years than other clubs.
The players are either not training to their conditions properly or they are not getting enough recovery after matches properly.

A couple of things stand out for me this year.

Mansour needed a full shoulder reconstruction in the off season but was allowed to postpone it to represent Australia. I understand the honour I am not knocking him for taking his chance. But it appears he has struggled without a full off season and in my opinion he came back underdone and 2 weeks ago he was struggling and I thought carrying an injury. Now he is injured.

Soward need surgery on his back in the off season like Idris. Unlike Idris he got poor advice or thought he could handle the pain and its cost him and the club.

Idris had a few niggles before the Manly game and most thought he be would ruled out. He played we know what happened. I don't know if the niggle was his knee.

Hamstrings are a bastard to get right I hope Whare hasn't rushed back too early and I hope Taylor doesn't play this week either he isn't 100%.

You make some good points. Sometimes its hard to get players to do what they should do in the best interests of the club.
A lot of players play through niggles some all year.

Meanwhile
MYSTERY surrounds James Segeyaro (elbow). The club says he trained on Thursday despite reports he is out for a month.

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sp...anges-and-gossip/story-fnp0lyn3-1227316645159

maple_69

Bench
It sounds like the Soward issue is something he has played with for his whole career pretty much. Odd that it wouldnt have been sorted in an off season but if true it was a matter of an injury coming to a head finally rather than poor management. I agree with most though. We have too many injuries every year for it to be a coincidence.

MrBlack

Juniors
On the plus side we should start getting most our troops back around state of origin time. Unlikely to be affected with selection (again) we could make a good run at the top 4 through this period.

MrBlack

Juniors
7 rounds in and we are only 4 points off first. A small run of wins at the back end of the year will be enough to make the 8.

franklin2323

Immortal
you do realise we play Souths & Melbourne twice. Have a poor record in Brisbane & at Brookvale still to come?

We lose this week. I will put a pencil through us this year 10 wins could be pushing it. GC, Newcastle & Sharks injuries or not are teams we had to beat to make it.

Buzzard Breath you are right we seem not let existing injuries heal properly or pospone treatment & makes them worse. Soward should of been treated in the off season.

maple_69

Bench
3 from 8 and we are done? We'd still only need 9/16 and have half a team of quality players back in the next month.

This is also exactly where we were last year sans injuries. Hopefully we have gotten them out of the way and can make a proper run this year.

Puntastic

Juniors
Unfortunately there is no law of the universe saying you get a finite number of injuries per season. No such thing as getting them out of the way early - if anything, we're probably more susceptible to re-injuring ourselves.

Nealo 12

Bench
It sounds like the Soward issue is something he has played with for his whole career pretty much. Odd that it wouldnt have been sorted in an off season but if true it was a matter of an injury coming to a head finally rather than poor management. I agree with most though. We have too many injuries every year for it to be a coincidence.

I relate his back injury to the Warriors game last year where he looked to be severely injured but came back on after a needle or two after half time.

Thirsty Panther

Juniors
The one positive things to come out of the number of injuries is that a lot of our younger players are getting plenty of first grade experience. We may well look back in a year or two and be thankful for the current situation.

maple_69

Bench
Unfortunately there is no law of the universe saying you get a finite number of injuries per season. No such thing as getting them out of the way early - if anything, we're probably more susceptible to re-injuring ourselves.

Obviously but these things do seem to ebb and flow. The Sharks are the only team I can remember that have just been savaged all season lobg. You have to be unlucky to have bog clumps of injuries and outrageously unlucky to have it all season.

ACTPanthers

Bench
Obviously but these things do seem to ebb and flow. The Sharks are the only team I can remember that have just been savaged all season lobg. You have to be unlucky to have bog clumps of injuries and outrageously unlucky to have it all season.

Or have failing conditioning processes - These injuries cannot be "bad luck" - Surely something is being looked at by the club?

age.s

First Grade
We might have had a good injury run for the majority of 2010 but it all came crashing down at the worst possible moment. Waterhouse, Pritchard and Grant all got injured in the qualifying final which ended up being really close. We survive that game and who knows how the season turns out.

Copperhead

Juniors
Or have failing conditioning processes - These injuries cannot be "bad luck" - Surely something is being looked at by the club?

I thought that was why we brought David Boyle here this season. It's not like the club is unaware of the problem. We were all blaming Carl Jennings for the injury rate at the time, but he was 3 strength and conditioning coaches back, and nothing has improved.