What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

australia 'A'

roughyedspud

Coach
Scrap the meaningless city v country nonsense...

And create a australia 'A' team,too blood the likes of moylan,jack bird etc against a pacific island nation..

Discuss...

milton

Juniors
Great idea, that way one of the island nations (cook islands) wont miss out on an International

Burns

First Grade
I agree with idea of scraping City/Country, especially due to the determenial effect it has on the Pacific Islands. Not sure if an Australian A team is the best compromise, not the best look if they trounce the Pacific teams.

Scubby

Juniors
Scrap the meaningless city v country nonsense...

And create a australia 'A' team,too blood the likes of moylan,jack bird etc against a pacific island nation..

Discuss...

Australia A will most likely be the Combined Pacific Islands XIII the way they are going.

hutch

First Grade
Good idea, I like it! We can also fill these weekends with more under 20's internationals, women's internationals and more test nations including USA, South Africa etc.... Would be great if the northern hemisphere could get on board as well, or at least have a weekend of their own.

byrner

Juniors
Agreed spud. They can also tour at the end of the year, so the top players can have their 'rest'.

The other thing I have thought for a while is that NSW and Qld should play more games.
They are wasted only vsing each other each year.
A NSW or Qld end of year tour of England/France etc. Would be great, and probably be supported from back here more then the Kangaroos.

The Partisan

In days past i think the role of tours - both outbound and inbound - gave players a chance to be blooded or show their skills in a non essential game.

Today all games are Test matches - so limited chance to give have this situation.

IowaRL

Juniors
Perhaps instead of a Australia A, why can't we send Country and City to play a game each. Having say Country playing Fiji, and City playing the Cook Islands gives them both games, as well as 2 other countries.

deal.with.it

Juniors
Funds allocated to a touring Aus A should be spent on the "pacific strategy", enabling for example cook islands to host Vanuatu over the rep weekend.

deal.with.it

Juniors
But if my idea isn't even 1% likely, then sure. Send the pmxiiis (shoild be renamed aus a) and tour the islands.
England A should tour europe.