What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Nate Myles

Kilkenny

Coach
Trent Merrin is more critical to our future than Nate Myles who is at the back end of his career.

It is interesting there has been no word of resigning some of our current front rowers who are off contract.

Nigel Plum is obviously retiring so there is one spot which need to be filled.

You would think on performances and consistency Jeremy Latimore would be deserving of a new deal.

I think of the current first teamers Sika Manu is the player most under pressure? While I think he has been quite good this season it think if a tough decision has to be made then perhaps he is the one player on good money who can probably be released.

chrisD

Coach
In what way is Sika under pressure? Brown comes back Cleary moves Sika to prop to keep him in the starting team, doesn't seem like he's likely to be dropped, but then Cleary does do weird things.

Cranky Sod

Juniors
If we get Myles, and if Merrin doesn't do a backflip (I think he won't) then expect us to lose a few players. We have few of off contract next year we don't want to lose, so money will need to be kept.

maple_69

Bench
I think Manu has kept his spot more for the fact that he is a powerful wide runner. We are kind of short on those atm. Even though he is not playing great (I thought his last few games have been decent though) hes an important part of the team with where it is currently. Next year with Merrin and hopefully some more grunt up front we may not need that. Plus he would be on decent coin.

Big Mick

Referee
MYLES OFF THE MARK

PANTHERS boss Phil Gould telephoned Gold Coast CEO Graham Annesley first thing Monday morning to hose down the suggestion Penrith were interested in Kangaroos Test forward Nate Myles.

Copperhead

Juniors
When someone posted a link to one of those articles, I saved one of the comments below

"So lets compare Nate Myles now v Nate Myles when he first joined the titans. In 2012 he made 125 meters a game, this year he has ave 88m. He made 5 line breaks in 2012 - he hasn't made one in 2.5 yrs since, 4 LB assists in 2012, 3 in the 2.5 yrs since. 17 tackle busts in 2012, 5 in 2.5 yrs since. 9 errors in 22 games in 2012, he has made 8 errors in 7 games this year, 12 penalties in 2012 in 22 games, in 7 this year he has already given away 7. All this and he has gone from playing 63 minutes a game down to 53 minutes this yr and last. He deserves a big pay cut and if he gets big money at Penrith or Manly then Titans will have made a smart decision"

He's not the player he once was, the money can be better spent, and I can't stand him. So, happy to hear that news.

Kilkenny

Coach
In what way is Sika under pressure? Brown comes back Cleary moves Sika to prop to keep him in the starting team, doesn't seem like he's likely to be dropped, but then Cleary does do weird things.

He is off contract and under pressure to be offered a new one from the Panthers.

While it is early days in 2015 you would expect negotiations would be taking place with those players off contract at the season end and or perhaps some may have been told they can test the waters elsewhere to see what is available.

I think we would be at least interested in acquiring another quality forward and a half/five eighth.

chrisD

Coach
It's too bad, but expected. Everything after Merrin is a bonus but I expect we'll hold Brown.

Maybe not. Merrin will be on big coin and we will have some backloaded contracts, so it might just be a salary cap issue.

Perhaps. I know there is a few off contract next year that we really want to keep, that will need rises to retain them.

Latest posts