What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2015 Crowd Watch part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

pHyR3

Juniors
It's all about supply and demand. The only thing that will ever force prices down in the long term is if the public reduces demand. Stop buying them at the crazy prices and they will get sensible.

What annoys me is the NRL doubled its income in the current tv deal. They are absolutely swimming in cash compared to before. And yet they still feel the need to get every last cent out of fans for Origin tickets. It means less working class fans. It is infuriating when even a non profit like the NRL is still willing to hurt fans to make even more money.

you literally said stop buying them at crazy prices and then said they're hurting fans.

if you cant afford it then watch on TV for free. i cant, so thats what i do. whats all this bs about 'less working class fans.' origin isnt aimed to convert the converted, it wants to get new people interested.

if these working class fans wanna watch footy grab a membership. tickets are usually like $15 a piece per game in GA. pretty bloody reasonable to me.

Perth Red

Post Whore
NRL is on the nose with fans. Attendances are going backwards and it seems the nrl and clubs have no idea how to stop the rot. We're heading to Aleague levels for a number of clubs. Pricing, scheduling and facilities all need sorting plus some decent hype and excitement around the game wouldn't go amiss.

Either that or we just accept that nrl isnt that popular and we should be happy with 10-15k people being arsed to turn up to watch a game.

alien

Referee
it was never going to be a massive attendance on a monday night, but in a way i am glad it was on the monday night because it gave a bit more time for our injured players to come back! :)

like they said, it was the best attendance for a monday night game this season, and the burrow was there and singing! it's all good! stop stressing! don't worry, be happy! :cool:

ouwet

Bench
Of course the crowds are down... The clear bias the National Rabbitohs League have for South Sydney is getting beyond a joke!!!

PJ

First Grade
I found it a bit worrying Richardson saying he doesn't care about crowds.

For mine that is a very short term view. The kids that get to the game when they are young are generally the ones that become the more passionate fans when they grow older and correspondingly buy the merchandise, become members etc.

I really think without that connection it will be creating problems down the track.

They really should try and copy what the yanks do. Prices for many sports are reasonable and you can get decent (in many cases quite good) food for reasonable prices. Here you generally pay a high price for rubbish though it is improving in some places.

Make it an attractive, reasonable option for families and get the next generation hooked.

emesssea

Juniors
They really should try and copy what the yanks do. Prices for many sports are reasonable and you can get decent (in many cases quite good) food for reasonable prices. Here you generally pay a high price for rubbish though it is improving in some places.

I am not quite sure what your familiarity with major sport leagues in the US is, but theyre expensive. In baseball during midweek games, especially if a team is playing a not so attractive opponent, you will see some decent deals.

But when a baseball team is playing a big time oppenent (yankees, rival, etc.) tickets can be expensive depending on where you sit.

NHL, NBA, and NFL tickets are ridiculous. Well above 50 dollars for an individual ticket. And there are no family deals I think, but dont quote me on that, I dont watch any of those leagues so never look into buying tickets, nor do I have a family.

Even MLS, considering the quality of play, can have some high prices.

And food and drink prices are a rip off. I rarely get anything to eat at an MLB stadium, and I never get a beer. I'll be enjoying an afternoon game in a couple days at my local AAA team, and will probably have a beer which will be about 4 or 5 bucks, no doubt that would be close to double the price at an MLB stadium.

At the college level the tickets are a lot cheaper, of course you have to donate money to the school on a regular basis to get those tickets.

The only league fans of any sport should want to copy is the Bundesliga.

beave

Coach
I found it a bit worrying Richardson saying he doesn't care about crowds.

For mine that is a very short term view. The kids that get to the game when they are young are generally the ones that become the more passionate fans when they grow older and correspondingly buy the merchandise, become members etc.

I really think without that connection it will be creating problems down the track.

Make it an attractive, reasonable option for families and get the next generation hooked.

This person =NFI

lockyno1

Post Whore
I keep saying it over and over again but it is as obvious as anything. More fans (and people) nowadays want an experience. They want MORE than the actual game.

1. Some form of entertainment, doesn't have to be a band, but give fans something.

2. Reserves grade before the game AT EVERY GAME.

3. Kids let on the field afterwards, period. No ifs, no buts, just do it. You can do it in a controlled manner. The kids look forward to this which in turn gets them talking to their friends at school, which in turn increases crowds next time

4. Ticket prices, they are just extortion for what you are paying for now. Most families can't afford a $300-400 night every week.

For the past few seasons there have been a range of membership and season/reserved ticket options.

There are cheap ticketing options and offers left right and centre for NRL games each and every weekend.

There are tickets offers and options for SoO and Tests too.

And these offers are advertised on TV, on the radio, online and in newspapers.

lockyno1

Post Whore
For the past few seasons there have been a range of membership and season/reserved ticket options.

There are cheap ticketing options and offers left right and centre for NRL games each and every weekend.

There are tickets offers and options for SoO and Tests too.

And these offers are advertised on TV, on the radio, online and in newspapers.

That is the point though. Why are we needing these discounted options. Is the game not attracting fans? If so WHY! I wish they would actually work out why people are not going to the game rather than cheating the tickets to mask over a problem.

I know personally in the 1990's when I was at school (yes showing my age), I'd go most weekends to the football. Now...I barely go once a month if that. It is just too expensive, and I watch what I spend. Category A tickets are absolute extortion and if I want to keep my family out of the wet I have to pay that.

Something has to change, if it doesn't well the 12,000-15,000 average will continue.

canberra_raiders2k2

First Grade
Hey here's an idea let's keep doing the same crap then expect change. That's the NRL mentality.

Massive prices. Mostly poor viewing stadiums. No real family support. Yes they include these family passes but in all fairness these are always the worst seats lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.