What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

OT: The official "Put Sh!t on Ricky HERE" thread

Tony Bongo

Bench
Dont the ceo and board have to ok it?

Not so sure about the board but the CEO or football manager (Ando) might have. If a Chairman and board are doing their job they wouldn't interfere with recruitment and retention (many of us know that hasn't always been the case). The issue is the team selections once the players were moved on. Surely it was the selection of players outside our top 25 that got us in the shit and that was Ricky's domain.

BennyBoy

Juniors
Not so sure about the board but the CEO or football manager (Ando) might have. If a Chairman and board are doing their job they wouldn't interfere with recruitment and retention (many of us know that hasn't always been the case). The issue is the team selections once the players were moved on. Surely it was the selection of players outside our top 25 that got us in the shit and that was Ricky's domain.
How can you blame Stuart for who Arthur selected in 2014?

Tony Bongo

Bench
How can you blame Stuart for who Arthur selected in 2014?

Fair point but I was discussing Stuart in this thread.
In the statement from the NRL : "Dave Smith said today the breaches were significant and were the product of inadequate oversight and governance at the club, largely by previous administrations"

T.S Quint

Coach
Ricky can eat a bag of dicks.
I didn't like him before he came to the Eels, and I certainly don't like him now that he f**ked our club over and then just pissed off.

Having said that, I was going for his Raiders today. Not even my hatred of Ricky can make me not cheer against the scum that is the Bulldogs.
Fat load of good it did me today though.
What a shit weekend.

cv8z

Juniors

Was Ando there for the clean out?
Or maybe Peter Nolan?

Captain BF

Juniors
Is that why Nolan left? Did he know the whole story of our cap issues and what would eventually come down on us?

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Say what you like about the merkin his raiders are looking better coached, drilled and playing as a team than our listless rabble.

Last edited:

hindy111

Post Whore
I reckon Rickys has the raiders playing great(in attack) he has made great signings in Austin and in Sisa. There defense needs to be stiffer but next year i reckon its a top 4 team

Suitman

Post Whore
So you've changed your opinion about Sticky since 2013 ?

Gronk,

There wouldn't be too many people around here who still don't think Ricky is a merkin.
Also, there wouldn't be too many that disagree that at least the Raiders are having a dig.
There's two things I want every weekend. The Eels to win and the Raiders to lose. I can't stand the bloke.
But I can't help but notice the improvement in the Raiders this season. I was glad he left as well. Your point is?

Suity

Gronk

Staff member
Suity, we went down in golden point to the Warriors and just got pipped by the Premiers. To that extent I think it's a bit rich to say that we are not having a dig too.

No I don't like losing either, but it's f**ked up how our fans turn on the players and staff when we lose a few. We string a few together and the same merkins are posting like nothing happened.

This is Parramatta.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
So you've changed your opinion about Sticky since 2013 ?
:lol: still don't rate Ricky as a coach and am glad he is gone. Don't think much of the bloke who replaced him either. You can't deny they look a better knit and coached team than what our trundlers are offering up ATM. Doesn't mean I want him back. Cute that you bothered to go chasing a post from two years ago to prove a point.

Johnny88

Juniors
I just ignore that Ricky is coach. The Raiders doing well is good for the game. Was very entertaining game last night.