What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

1st Test: England v New Zealand at Lord's on May 21-25, 2015

TheParraboy

Staff member
after the first hour of play on day 1, runs have been scored easily, over 4 an over.

Decision to bowl first was the right move, Nz took advantage of that early on

Need to bat all day on day 3 and set up the game

shiznit

Coach
If Williamson and Taylor can start well tonight and draw us level with England... Look for McCullum to come out very aggressive and try and inflict some serious mental scars on the England bowlers for the rest of the series.

I reckon if he spends a good session out there... He may do enough damage to hang over in to the ashes... :lol:

Yep, we've shown a lot of character in the last 2 years

We're deservedly the #3 test team in the world - just a shame few will give us a full series.

We need to push on now, bat all day and get 550+

Australia and NZ could build and grow a test cricket relationship like the Ashes and what they have done with India since 1996.

It could rival the Bledisloe and RL tests and woman's netball.

Boxing Day / Sydney test would be killer.

I just don't see why CA don't go for it.

Build it and they will come.

JJ

Immortal
Australia and NZ could build and grow a test cricket relationship like the Ashes and what they have done with India since 1996.

It could rival the Bledisloe and RL tests and woman's netball.

Boxing Day / Sydney test would be killer.

I just don't see why CA don't go for it.

Build it and they will come.

Problem with us is we don't always have top notch teams, but we do produce some good ones...

This team plays a great brand of cricket, has some genuine stars, several world class players and decent depth - surely Australian fans would like to play us... really is a disgrace we haven't had a Melbourne test for so long...

Anyway, this test isn't over yet, but I am stoked that we pushed back

JJ

Immortal
The last time I felt this confident about winning an England tour was..... never

I heard something about chickens, and counting them once :sarcasm:

As much character and talent as this lot have shown, they're still the NZ cricket team, :lol:

Iafeta

Referee
Well done Kano. Its now 342 test runs since he has been dismissed, and of all New Zealand bats who have had 20 innings, he has the highest average of them all. He now has 10 test centuries already. Up with some truly elite class to have 10 at this age. Now he's on the Lords honours board.

Great achievement from a fine test bat.

KeepingTheFaith

Referee
Joins some fine company in reaching his 10th century at such a young age.

Everyone contributing, including the bowlers. 50 runs in byes and leg byes. Shocking.

vvvrulz

Coach
I heard something about chickens, and counting them once :sarcasm:

As much character and talent as this lot have shown, they're still the NZ cricket team, :lol:

Not the point, win or lose this series we're going in with a sense that we are good enough to pull this off. Every other time it felt like it would be a miracle if we win anything.

JJ

Immortal
Not the point, win or lose this series we're going in with a sense that we are good enough to pull this off. Every other time it felt like it would be a miracle if we win anything.

You're young :lol:

In the 80s we always had that feeling, I grew up expecting it...

If Latham and Guptill can develop into a decent opening partnership we can compete with anyone.

Williamson is f**king good btw - de Villiers is playing a different sport, and Kumar amazing - but Williamson stacks up well with anyone else - and most of that's been coming in early because of shit openers

JJ

Immortal
:lol: Maybe I am, my history goes back to the mid 90s and it's been crap all the way through.

SOme of Flem's teams were decent

Test cricket in the 80s was more dour - but we were very good, only the Windies consistently better (and we did well against them here - we were I reckon probably second equal with the Poms for most of that time

TheParraboy

Staff member
:lol: Maybe I am, my history goes back to the mid 90s and it's been crap all the way through.

Dont listen to JJ

NZ had some bloke called Dick Hadley in the 80s who went ok, that's all

and Martin magpie or was it martin Sparrow, some bird of a surname, not sure, yeah he was ok too

:p

Timbo

Staff member
I just saw an interesting stat - Corey Anderson did not play a single FC game over the NZ home summer.

No wonder he's looked undercooked with bat and ball here.

Latest posts