What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

OT: The official "Put Sh!t on Ricky HERE" thread

phantom eel

First Grade
Suity I feel your pain as we are all suffering. But I recall in 2010 I'd get bashed pillar to post about certain decisions the club had made. You were constantly chasing me about any negative posts I made. I've copped it deluxe from rival fans, friends and randoms. Till this day we are struggling because of certain decisions made several years ago.
Sad sad truth.

Interesting that it's the biggest 3P fan boys from back then that are being the most negative now.

phantom eel

First Grade
I don't mean to and wasn't being condescending Baz, but frankly, I've had a gutful of years of underperformance and mismanagement. And I was going to Cumberland Oval in the mid 70's, so I've seen a bit.
I've really lost interest in the club and the idiots that run the place.
Funny thing is, I've probably been to Parramatta stadium more in the past 2 years than I had for the 5 years before that.
I'll never miss a minute of the Eels performances, but they can get f**ked if they think that people will continue to spend their hard earned year after year watching this circus. Foxtel is my choice of viewership these days. They've lost me on game day, and I say that with a heavy heart, but there's only so many years I can pour thousands of bucks into following them not only at home, but interstate as well and on merchandise.
I've given them the best part of my life. It's a two way street.

Suity
Fair dinkum :roll:. You'll be back on board the Eels as soon as they start winning more games than the Wanderers - quicker than a 2009 streak bandwagoner ;-).

BennyBoy

Juniors
In all seriousness, apart from the size of the juniors we have, why are we supposed to be a powerful club?
Is it our financial position, our solid board, our experienced management, our elite coaching staff?

I am not sure that the expectation of us being a powerful club is deserved to be honest and hasn't been for a bloody long time (if ever). The successes we saw in the 80's were the result of some good local talent, some smart recruitment and loyalty from players in an era long gone now. But although we won 4 premierships in one decade we have actually only been strong on the field for 1 in 7 decades since coming into being.

That is not a powerful club.
Well we hold the record for most spoons so I think you are 100% right mate, as much as we like to think otherwise we never have been a strong club.

Suitman

Post Whore
Well we hold the record for most spoons so I think you are 100% right mate, as much as we like to think otherwise we never have been a strong club.

With our supporter base which is as large as any in Sydney, and probably larger than Cowboys, Melbourne Titans and Newcastle, and our junior base, we should be.
Maybe the amount of spoons we have says more about the way we have been managed over the years than anything else.
We should be a big club and there's no reason why we can't be.

Suity

strider

Post Whore
:lol: :lol:

what a f**kin wanker .... deadset ... every other coach is constrained by the same rules yet they manage to turn up and bite their tongue .... ohhhhhh not ricky - he can just walk out ..... f**kwit of the highest order

I used to wonder why someone would be so enamoured with Ricky to write a song about him, but no longer.

Oh Ricky you're so fine,
You're so fine you blow my mind
Hey Ricky!
Hey Ricky!

BoneyBlake17

Juniors
You would think with ricky he would be use to losing by now as his last 100 games as coach he has only won 27.

Last night just reinforced what a knob he is

Joshuatheeel

Staff member
We all different opinions on Arthur but a few times this year he could have given it to the Refs, but he choose to focus on what we did wrong / needed to improve.

A lot classier then sooky Ricky !! Always blaming others !!