What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2015 NRL Jersey & Sponsorship Discussion

thorson1987

Coach
Hi guys, I noticed last night on the blue's jerseys instead of Victoria Bitter it had different names.

I didn't recognise any of them (not that they showed them all or my eyes were quick enough) but were these players of NSW pre State of Origin?

Nope.

Names of people who drink VB.

It was done as a promotion.

Pretty sure they done it last year too.

Johnnie Red

Juniors
Nope.

Names of people who drink VB.

It was done as a promotion.

Pretty sure they done it last year too.

GIO put the names of blues supporters in the player numbers a few years ago.
Turned out great because I got my name on a jersey and a couple of my QLD mates put on as well.

newtown jets 2015 jersey is a walking billboard, id post a picture but i might be infringing on someones intelectual copyright

Not sure what you're on about. The Jets have a few sponsors but nothing over the top.

Major - SCU
Sleeve - Vic On The Park pub
Upper chest - Invisguard
Back (upper and lower) - Petersham RSL
Manufacturer - Goodfellows - which is on the jersey three times, shoulders and just below the neck.

As mentioned they have the old "N" badges on the sleeves which doesn't help the look.

As a Jets fan I'm 100% fine with the jersey and the level of sponsorship as we need it to survive without a leagues club backing us.

2015_04_29_10_15_32_web_Konrad_Hurrell_at_Mt_Smart_Stadium_on_Saturday,_25th_April_2015_(Photosport_NZ)..JPG

sheepbender

Juniors
I havent seen it posted as yet, but apologies if it has.. Broncos indigenous is pretty bland and pointless, not a great deal of imagination or design has gone into it.. Why bother I say..

44115-brisbane-broncos-2015-mens-indigenous-jersey-740.jpg

Lambretta

First Grade
NSW should be sponsored by a major company, who's logo fits into the overall design of the jersey, so the writing should be white, or blue

ANZ
Ford
Dulux
Unilever
Channel 9

Personally I'd like to see James Squires on our jerseys

sp_james_sq.gif

insert.pause

First Grade
broncos indigenous is an unbelievably half arsed effort, it's as if they forgot to do their homework and whipped it up last minute.

Damn shame considering how good their previous indigenous effort was;
2013BroncosIndigenous1.jpg

Pierced Soul

First Grade
It's a throwback to an old design, just with some dots. I actually don't mind it as a jersey. As an indigenous Jersey is quite bland

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
for a forum that so viciously hates clubs for trotting out clusterf*ck designs, it funny for you lot to complain about a minimalist look....

Exactly what I was thinking. I like the subtlety of it.

Moving on, Cowboys are wearing their WiL kit on Saturday:

2015-Women-in-league-jersey.jpg

NSW should be sponsored by a major company, who's logo fits into the overall design of the jersey, so the writing should be white, or blue

ANZ
Ford
Dulux
Unilever
Channel 9

Personally I'd like to see James Squires on our jerseys

sp_james_sq.gif
Foster's (the owners of VB) do own a NSW beer. And as much as I'd love to see it on the front of the jumper, I just cannot see them sticking Reschs on the front of the jumpers.

user_nat

Coach
Can the Warriors just fire their jersey design department. I know that will hurt the NZ economy since there must be about 1 million people in that department, but they need to be stopped.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Maybe - but even so that was a pretty good jersey. Nice and simple.