What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Junior rugby league parent behaviour

KeepingTheFaith

Referee
I don't think your wrong about the girls/footy comment, but anyone who read the initial comment could have seen the context. Instead you chose to pick an argument that was never there to begin with.

Not arguing right and wrong, simply saying that you're acting like an argumentative douche for no reason.

If no one says anything about these incorrect comments that perpetuate incorrect messages about the game then nothing is likely to change. Instead say nothing and bring out the name calling for anyone who does. It stinks of complicity to me.

The Enforcer

Juniors
I don't think your wrong about the girls/footy comment, but anyone who read the initial comment could have seen the context. Instead you chose to pick an argument that was never there to begin with.

Not arguing right and wrong, simply saying that you're acting like an argumentative douche for no reason.

Yeah that.

The Enforcer

Juniors
If no one says anything about these incorrect comments that perpetuate incorrect messages about the game then nothing is likely to change. Instead say nothing and bring out the name calling for anyone who does. It stinks of complicity to me.

It stinks of you making something out of nothing.
You decided to take the original comment incorrectly and then have decided to dig a bigger hole instead of admitting that you took it the wrong way.

KeepingTheFaith

Referee

Self righteous load of nonsense, especially when you referred to people as bigots before any other name was thrown out.

Nobody suggested anything like you implied and yet you felt the need to jump on your soapbox and act as our shining beacon of light for moral superiority.

Very sad.

Bullshit. Have a look at the replies. "Yeah but footy is pretty much for blokes" was the gist of several of them. To argue against someone pointing out this wrong assertion says a lot. Complicity.

KeepingTheFaith

Referee
I have read the thread and your quoted "blokes for footy" is your own creation. Do yourself a favour and change your default setting from "outraged" to something more reasonable.

Automatically seeing the worst in a comment that was completely not intended in the way you're trying to portray is a trait that says more about your mindset than anyone else's.

bottle

Coach
Derailing a thread and picking fights because a bloke's daughters prefer to play netball.

What
A
Wanker.

byrner

Juniors
Bullshit. Have a look at the replies. "Yeah but footy is pretty much for blokes" was the gist of several of them. To argue against someone pointing out this wrong assertion says a lot. Complicity.

Where did you get that gist from?

The gist I am getting is that you're having a bad day and trying to pick an argument with a bloke who said he wouldn't know as he has girls. And like the majority of girls that play sport, they do not play rugby league.

I am sure he would be happy for his daughters to play league, but as they don't he doesnt get to see any junior league.

I hope you day gets better.

macnaz

Staff member
As we can see , certain people would attend junior matches and just be argumentative wankers for the sake of it.

Bazal

Post Whore
I'm at the junior league now and about 20 per cent of the players are girls.

Just because some bigots think rugby league is not a game for girls doesn't mean it is acceptable to perpetuate this sexist stereotype.

The reply 'I wouldn't know I have girls' is doing just that.

Are you Razor?

Canard

Immortal
It must get lonely on that High Horse.

No-one knows what's best for Rugby League as much as he does.

kbw

Bench
Had a players parent complaining about their son being in the second team. When they were asked if their son was enjoying his football, the reply was "yes he is loving it".
What was the problem again .....

There are more than a bucket load of problems with spectator and player behaviour in the in the canterbury districts especially in the older teams playing in the SCC. The Canterbury association is trying very hard to reduce it but at times it seems like they hard hitting their heads against a brick wall

Perth Red

Post Whore
In my godson afl club if a parent miss behaves the coach has a word, if they continue the kid is dropped for a week. If they have second strike the kid is kicked from the club. Harsh on the kid but it seems to work, not heard a peep out of anyone on the sideline!

The Rosco

Bench
In Rothfield's page in today's Sunday Telegraph, he quotes from a NSWRL email to the Canterbury, Western Suburbs, Balmain, Souths and St George junior clubs . . . ." Quite frankly,we have had enough;if you cannot go to a game and enjoy the game for what it is, then find another sport. Consider this message as a final warning . . . . ."

If the parents at your kid's game are well behaved, consider yourself lucky.

Sometimes folks get caught up in the excitement of it all, and forget their common sense when yelling from the sideline.
Sometimes folks are just ignorant, classless, pig-headed inbred imbeciles, too !

As a generalisation, kid's sport is ruined by the competitiveness of their parents.

Latest posts