What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rein for NSW

Slippery Morris

First Grade
There is talk that is Farrah is out Rein may get a lookin for the NSW No.9. What do you think of that?

He has been good but I think L'Estrange giving him that break has made improvements in his game. NSW will need to have a guy on the bench to give him a breather. He does throw the odd forward pass at crucial times to but can sniff out a hole and has scored some great tries when needed. Peats will be a good option as well for NSW.

If he does make it it will be raise his stocks that is for sure and Saints were trying to sign McInness. Do you think they are still looking to replace him? It will be interesting what happens if he does get selected for NSW?

Personally I would love him to stay cause he has been really good this year and Mary obviously knows how to play him like Bennett did. There will be a few clubs chasing him that is for sure and throwing some $$ so Saints should hurry up and resign him before he asks for too much. The Managers are going to squeeze as much out of him as they can if he makes NSW.

since77

Juniors
There is talk that is Farrah is out Rein may get a lookin for the NSW No.9. What do you think of that?

He has been good but I think L'Estrange giving him that break has made improvements in his game. NSW will need to have a guy on the bench to give him a breather. He does throw the odd forward pass at crucial times to but can sniff out a hole and has scored some great tries when needed. Peats will be a good option as well for NSW.

If he does make it it will be raise his stocks that is for sure and Saints were trying to sign McInness. Do you think they are still looking to replace him? It will be interesting what happens if he does get selected for NSW?

Personally I would love him to stay cause he has been really good this year and Mary obviously knows how to play him like Bennett did. There will be a few clubs chasing him that is for sure and throwing some $$ so Saints should hurry up and resign him before he asks for too much. The Managers are going to squeeze as much out of him as they can if he makes NSW.

McGregor's use of him at the moment is perfect and the rotation with Le Strange is serving the team well. One thing we have learnt the hard way is that Mitch isn't an 80 minute player yet and that might harm his selection chances and I think he needs at least 1 consistent year before he's worth being considered. One thing is for sure though, it'd be great to have an alternative or two to Farah & Ennis.

giboz71

First Grade
Isn't it amazing that we're tentatively starting to consider those words "We have a comp to win". Who'd have thought that 20 minutes into round 3?

You know it's not that far fetched.

Cowboys and Roosters (when they're on) are the only 2 teams I genuinely fear followed by the Broncos and Rabbits. All the other sides, I think we have their measure.

If we can sneak into the top 4, and stay injury free, anything can happen, Dare to dream I suppose.

The Nick

Bench
If Rein were to play Origin then his halves would REALLY need to stand up and dominate as his decision making isn't always spot on.

As Gus Gould pointed out, Farah seemed to be directing most of NSW's attack and struggled with it. If Farah was barely treading water out there, Rein will definitely drown. He's just too inexperienced right now. If he had a dominate half like Joey Johns playing off him I think he'd go ok, but in the current team I would have serious concerns.

He would definitely need a back up hooker on the bench as I can't see him getting through a solid 80 minutes of Origin football.

I think he could be utilised in the first 20mins "softening up" period as his defence around the ruck can't be faulted and he's a tough customer. His scoots out of dummy half are done with a lot of purpose also and he can usually find a quick 8-10m when it's needed. But the back end of each half would need a more creative hooker to direct the attack.

Just my thoughts.

SBD82

Coach
I'd say no at this stage but there's not really a lot of other options either. Peats would probably be my preference, but I don't know enough about his game to comment whether he would go well with NSW current halves.

Rein has been very good for us this year, but as mentioned above that is off the back of playing with dominant halves. In the last his decision making has been a flaw in his game and his service from dummy half has been ordinary at times.

I'd like to see him play this well for at least a full season before rep honors get thrown his way. I think for his development as a player it would benefit him and the team.

Probably all moot though, as I suspect that Farah is doing all he can to be fit for game II

bottle

Coach
It will be Ennis. Let it be. Who cares? Pearce will be at the helm so it's a lost cause anyway.

big pat

Coach
you would think daley would know enough of 5/8 play, not to put worsthalfbackpiss there.

Get2dachopper!

Juniors
It will be Ennis with rein on the bench. That's what i'd be doing if I were Daley. Rein will be very effective at the back end of halves when the qld forwards tire. Although as a dragons fan, I don't want him in soo.

Datramp

Juniors
Ennis is terrible. I hope as a NSW fan they do NOT pick him. Hell I would have useless J reynolds at hooker before Ennis

TheRev

First Grade
Ennis is the right choice, you need an 80 minute man, and they need talkers/leaders out there.. esp with Pearce/Hodgo in the halves.

Rein is nowhere near ready, and even if they did pick him, he will be lucky to do 40 minutes at origin pace, with another bench hooker/utility to do the rest.. that approach has its advantages too, but its a huge chance of approach for Daley.

I agree that Ennis is done. He really is dog shit.

What happened to Ryan Hinchcliffe? It wasn't long ago everyone was shining up his plaaahms, til they were giving off a glistening blue hue, with the sun, dancin' right off 'em.

TheRev

First Grade
What happened to Ryan Hinchcliffe? It wasn't long ago everyone was shining up his plaaahms, til they were giving off a glistening blue hue, with the sun, dancin' right off 'em.
This is the thing with a lot of players.. theyre club teams go well and it make them look good.. and its very hard to make an objective comparison.

The only hookers I really rate as superstars are Segeyaro and Luke (Granville promising but still a baby), they tear oppositions apart... they are more dangerous than the #6 & #7.

Rest of them can do the job, Rein would do a job.. but your probably picking them for their defence and decent-enough ball service.

Jubileeboy

First Grade
If they pick Ennis, I won't know who to support.
And I hope slapping his face becomes a favourite national pastime or a popular fad.
You know, like the ice bucket challenge, except you have to nominate 3 people to slap Ennis' face.