What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 13 vs Manly Sea Eagles Discussion + Voting

DeeJ

Bench
Team List

1. Darius Boyd
2. Jordan Kahu
3. Jack Reed
4. Justin Hodges ©
5. Daniel Vidot
6. Anthony Milford
7. Ben Hunt
8. Josh McGuire
9. Andrew McCullough
10. Adam Blair
11. Alex Glenn
12. Matt Gillett
13. Sam Thaiday
Interchange:
14. Jarrod Wallace
15. Francis Molo
16. Corey Oates
17. Matt Parcell
Coach: Wayne Bennett

http://www.broncos.com.au/news/2015/06/02/parker_to_miss_manly.html

According to this article Parker is being rested and more surprisingly, Maranta is dropped for Vidot? Odd to replace Maranta since he has done nothing wrong and Vidot was making alot of errors in the game before last.

Perhaps he is actually injured as Oates was filling in on his wing vs Canberra last week?

Dazzat

First Grade
Parkerless ... Gillett will need to step up.

Maranta scores the try of the season (OK he just caught the ball and ran a few metres) and gets dropped. Just can't imagine Bennett dropping Maranta.

Maybe the talk of Vidot signing with the Bulldogs has forced Bennett's hand?

user_nat

Coach
I can't see why Maranta went off last week if he wasn't injured. Very odd.

Not as odd as everyone wondering why Maranta isn't in a team.

THE CHAMP

First Grade
I can't see why Maranta went off last week if he wasn't injured. Very odd.

Not as odd as everyone wondering why Maranta isn't in a team.

I've been critical of maranta for some time.
but I will admit that he outplayed vidot last week.
must be injured.

AceAv

Juniors
Well I am really looking forward to this game. -Manly are going to be desperate for a win. Apparently there's a rumour that Toovey had this game and last to turn around their nightmare season, or he may be given his marching orders. -God I hope we can put a nail in his coffin.

Parker's absence will be quite a loss. It's caused a dreaded reshuffle which puts Blair back in the number 10. The Manly pack is actually quite a handful to deal with, so I won't be expecting any miracles with winning the forward battle.

However I do expect our halves to outplay theirs and cause more havoc, meanwhile weather their attack which is still going to be threatening with Mattai, Foran, Lyon & Stewart.

They usually find a way to win against us and beat us every other time, but with their confidence at an all time low this year and ours soaring, I think we can bring our A game and get the win behind a Suncorp crowd.

DeeJ

Bench
I hope Hodges is alert, Lyon tears Brisbane up nearly every time they play us.

AceAv

Juniors
Lucky he is playing out of position in the number 6 role, so Glenn should be all over him too

THE CHAMP

First Grade
no parker sucks arse.
but thaiday and hodgo coming back from a breather
not much pace out wide.(massive understatement)
but great metres everywhere.
miford and hunt to carve them up the middle.

Snappy

Coach
Danger game IMO. If we're a little off Manly will beat us. Cherry will be looking to have a big game, and they were pretty good last week against the cowgirls.

JW

Coach
Danger game IMO. If we're a little off Manly will beat us. Cherry will be looking to have a big game, and they were pretty good last week against the cowgirls.

Agreed. Concerned about an ambush here. Manly will kick into gear at some stage this season, just a matter of when.

Country Bronco

Juniors
I'm going to start the chorus of best game by jack reed I've seen. It's the team performance that impressed me the most.

Nerd

Bench
Nothing better than watching Manly get toweled up. First time I've watched Manly play this year and I now see why they're running last.

Hunt's kicking game was a lot better tonight. Thought Kahu had a good game as well. Also loved the hitting in defense.

3. Milford
2. Reed
1. Thaiday

blaza88z

Coach
Hunt's kicking game tonight was outstanding, it makes a huge difference when he can find grass deep in their half after a set of 6

ANTiLAG

First Grade
Hunt and Milford looked good tonight. Broncos were quite fun to watch. Finals could be tough on Blair and McGuire, but entertaining footy team.

GoTheBroncs

Staff member
Best game by the Broncos this season I reckon (just eclipsing the game vs Roosters).

3. Reed
2. McGuire
1. Hunt

Special mentions: Kahu, Boyd, Vidot, Milford

Someone mentioned it earlier but that was easily Hunt's best long kicking game.

We are so dangerous in attack now, it really is an incredible transformation from 2014. That out ball in ball try we scored was just great. It is quite amazing that we seem to be more dangerous down the Reed side than the Hodges side.

It's all really falling into place for the Broncos. Even when we've been resting guys (Thaiday, Hodges, Parker) we've had others to step in. Oates would be in the starting team at most clubs. We've got Copley and Maranta still as back-up in the backs. Our hooker rotation is strong with Nikorima/Parcell.

AceAv

Juniors
HOLY shit what a game. The first half was near perfect and something we have been able to pull off more and more at suncorp. Hunt has fast become my favourite player followed closely by Milford.

I know it was the bottom of the table team we played, but feels like a huge victory when we demolish Manly. They have a lot of class still, but seem to have last their way and don't show much of a game plan. Toovs with any luck will be given the sack on the back of that. - my friend and I were chuckling that he looks like Alfie lingers evil twin..

Anyways not a single bronco tonight looked pedestrian. Even Blair has found some good form and defensively tonight he was quite good. (I'll let the missed tackle on dce go)

Man Reed has been good too. I'm so impressed with his skillset and it's so refreshing to see him able to use it.

Full credit to our discipline. I don't think we conceded one penalty tonight. WB certainly has created the team he's envisioned to give the finals a good shake up

u4er

Juniors
Great game, but as WB said we were lucky with the bounce of the ball a lot of times. As mentioned I think that was the first time Hunt has had his kicking AND running/passing game on point. Both were brilliant, there were very few of his kicks taken on the full, and those that were, were under a lot of pressure from chasers. It seems like the backs have been given a licence to play what they see in front of them, instead of taking the tackle after a break there have been a lot of kicks infield for support players that are working a treat right now. Broncos are looking like the Broncos of old, solid committed defence, excellent discipline and the attacking flair we have been missing for so long. Amazing what difference a change of coach can make. Trying not to get too carried away but if they keep improving at the rate they are, they could become a champion team.