What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The forums new sacred cow

Since 73

First Grade
cow-poo.jpg

Weaponhead

Coach
Every forum has a sacred cow and a scapegoat.

Beale has been scapegoat so far this season. So Bird is the sacred cow.... Not sure. He has talent, is played out of position and is on the wrong side of the field to get any ball. He is doing OK in a ridiculous structure. Not quite sacred cow status in my book.

Ads

First Grade
Bird is being asked to do things he shouldn't be doing (kicking). We need to be careful with him. Play him as a running 5/8 or a centre. Don't have him covering your halfbacks terrible kicking game.

Surely

Post Whore
He went well tonight

He's going to rip apart a few teams with a little bit more experience

Surely

Post Whore
Give him time he will be a very good 5/8 , wasted in the centres the way we play

PHaTMaN

Juniors
Whilst probably not his best position, I reckon bird would be an ok 5/8 with a more able/creative halfback. Everything we do is so slow, and it starts from the comps slowest halfback.

2012....Sharks Year

First Grade
Would have been interesting had they gone to the video ref on the try. Back on topic.... Don't think Bird should be judged too harshly based on playing out of position and outside Robbo. Needs quick/early service to be seen at his best. Think both Chad and possibly Maloney could be good for Bird in his preferred position of centre.

tye

Juniors
After yesterday we need Maloney, I think he would so much to our team. Give him $750000