What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The forums new sacred cow

millersnose

Post Whore
well no

people openly scrutinise graham and don't post 2 pages of 'but he is playing out of position' type excuses

ghoti

Bench
Bird's passing game was shocking on Sunday... always too hard, rarely to the front of the ball carrier and regularly at the receiver's knee height. I like the guy, but he needs to be played somewhere more sensible for his (LIMITED) skillset before he starts losing confidence.

millersnose

Post Whore
well we have come a long way

a few weeks ago the duck was suggesting a SOO jumper now we are acknowledging 'limitations'

Before we move Bird from 5/8, who are we going to play there that is currently a better option then Bird.

Bird when has the ball can worry us but also has the opposition worried, he has put 2 kicks in so far this year for Holmes to score, he make the defence think about that they are going to do, yes some of his kicks dont come off, but no worse then our half back who has played over 100 games of FG.

So going back to original point who is going to play 5/8, if you want to move Bird from there, and please dont suggest Barba we have seen that already.

Murphy is a no, i cant see Robson/Murphy as the halves, our option is limited to the extreme we have to just give Bird till end of season

SharkShocked

Bench
Considering Murphy has asked for a release, no i can't see Murphy being given a shot at either 7 or 6.

Honestly there's no other option than to leave Bird at 6.

He needs the ball more though.

millersnose

Post Whore
Before we move Bird from 5/8, who are we going to play there that is currently a better option then Bird.

Bird when has the ball can worry us but also has the opposition worried, he has put 2 kicks in so far this year for Holmes to score, he make the defence think about that they are going to do, yes some of his kicks dont come off, but no worse then our half back who has played over 100 games of FG.

So going back to original point who is going to play 5/8, if you want to move Bird from there, and please dont suggest Barba we have seen that already.

Murphy is a no, i cant see Robson/Murphy as the halves, our option is limited to the extreme we have to just give Bird till end of season

the 'original point' is not to move bird just to acknowledge the hype and the lack of criticism for some pretty quiet games

unlike your self and the other razor blade guys here I don't believe every problem is solved by sacking someone or moving them

if a player in a particular position is the best for that position and we don't have better then sacking them for a guy who is mediocre in the lower grades is silly

ghoti

Bench
has he?

what is the story.

Saw that come up somewhere but can't remember where...apparently doesn't think he'll play firsts here (which is true)...but can't imagine who is out there and needs him on their books. Seems like crap to me

Foz

Bench
I like Bird.Must be on my sacred cow list.
The guys had 8 games and has more talent than most of the side.
Can he play 5/8?
Shown he can whilst he's also had brain explosion moments kicking early in the tackle count etc.
When he reaches 50 games we'll get a better idea of how good he really is.
We'll probably know if he is a 5/8 too.
One thing I'm certain of is I want him here.
He mightn't know it but he isn't getting a halves position over at the Queens so for his own future I really believe he's better off with us.
We have to build a side around him and Holmes because the rest of them are closer to retirement.Maybe we can eventually change our playing style too if we can build a side around them.
No doubt a top halfback would help things along.

Card Shark

Immortal
Agree Foz, Bird is the best option we have at the moment & can only get better.

It's f**ked if Murphy has asked for a release because he should've been given a chance by now...or at least promised a chance.

I'd say he's been promised "no chance" - he probably can't help but feel that way.

Latest posts