What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The forums new sacred cow

millersnose

Post Whore
As opposed to the constant bagging flanno cops on any decision ?

I've seen this sack the coach call at the club constantly for years its f**king boring

The coach isntthe issue, its the second rate support structure and the inability of the club to attract a standout 6 or 7

As we've seen take Thurston out of the cows or Reynolds out of the rabbits and they struggle.

Then we have the roosters with a star studded lineup great support big third party sponsors and two off games and we beat them.

Take a look at the raiders with sticky you know the guy everyone claimed was f**ked because he couldn't coach a team to score points ? Well they've scored a lot this year, what's changed ?

he promoted the reserve grade underperforming halves and hey presto

its what the cowboys did...

Breadman

Juniors
As opposed to the constant bagging flanno cops on any decision ?

I've seen this sack the coach call at the club constantly for years its f**king boring

The coach isntthe issue, its the second rate support structure and the inability of the club to attract a standout 6 or 7

As we've seen take Thurston out of the cows or Reynolds out of the rabbits and they struggle.

Then we have the roosters with a star studded lineup great support big third party sponsors and two off games and we beat them.

Take a look at the raiders with sticky you know the guy everyone claimed was f**ked because he couldn't coach a team to score points ? Well they've scored a lot this year, what's changed ?

I guess that's a yes then.

If that's what you truly believe then fair enough.
I have no doubt that there are numerous issues within the club but that doesn't remove flanno's accountability.
I also think to assume that flanno is honky dory and it's just the lack of support that's the issue is naive at best.

Further to that, I would argue that flanno was a bargain basement appointment as that is what suited the club at the time. Now its time to upgrade that position, when it's financially viable of course.

Personally, I have zero confidence in him as a coach and am looking forward to the day he is removed from the club. I think it will probably be his last head coaching role in the NRL too, I guess time will tell.

ghoti

Bench

Yep. The last coach who hadn't had his head called for by the fans was Lang. That was a loooong time ago now. Beyond the poorly appointed support staff and a farcical front office, we've had to deal with the poison of uncertainty, which effects morale, trust and the ability to attract players to the club who don't know exactly what they're signing up for.

The best and most viable hope for us imo is to put in place an improved set of support staff that represent part of a succession plan for Flanagan. It's only sensible for Flanagan to have an entire season back from his suspension (especially since a three year pay out is absurd) before his performance is assessed in detail. At year's end, I'm desperately hoping a full and independent review is carried out with the aim of improving or reinvigorating the coaching structure for next year.

It's certain that Flanagan will have the rest of 2015 to prove himself. It's highly unlikely he won't be here in 2016. I think we can afford to flick him for 2017 if he continues to underperform, but hope better options come up before then that makes it worthwhile to terminate his contract in favour of something better

possum

Default Re: The forums new sacred cow
After yesterday we need Maloney, I think he would so much to our team. Give him $750000
Reply With Quote Multi-Quote This Message Quick reply to this message

possum

Really, why Moloney would be worth $750,000 is beyond me, his passed his best I think that was proven on Sunday, Moloney and also Pierce had ample of time to redeem their selfs from the last outing against the Sharks, the pair of them have been blest with the quality of player inside and outside them. What the Sharks need is talent scout with a good eye.

ghoti

Bench
Really, why Moloney would be worth $750,000 is beyond me, his passed his best I think that was proven on Sunday, Moloney and also Pierce had ample of time to redeem their selfs from the last outing against the Sharks, the pair of them have been blest with the quality of player inside and outside them. What the Sharks need is talent scout with a good eye.

You put a guy with Maloney's long kicking game alone in the 7 and we win the games against Canberra, warriors, gold coast easily and get a bit closer in the other losses. That would have us in the top 5. That is worth $750k eeeeeasy

Surely

Post Whore
Maloney is a big upgrade on robbo but I'd rather see them invest in youth

I'd throw Holmes into the 7 and hire a good halves coach to work with him and bird and any potential halves coming through 20's

ghoti

Bench
Sorry that was rude and over the top.

The young man maloney is only 27 of age

Last edited:

Click2000

Juniors
Maloney is a big upgrade on robbo but I'd rather see them invest in youth

I'd throw Holmes into the 7 and hire a good halves coach to work with him and bird and any potential halves coming through 20's

You would put Holmes in the halves ? Are you serious ?

Most ridiculous thing I've heard on this forum ever.

cb4

First Grade
We have a young half we are grooming. He is 18 nearly 19 and wont be ready for NRL for 2-3 years.

Thats why Maloney is the perfect fit for us.

Also, a Maloney/Townsend combo while not being the best defensively, gives us a solid kicking game.

We have a young half we are grooming. He is 18 nearly 19 and wont be ready for NRL for 2-3 years.

Thats why Maloney is the perfect fit for us.

Also, a Maloney/Townsend combo while not being the best defensively, gives us a solid kicking game.

Two questions Cb4 that I hope you have some info on.

Is Maloney who we are trying to get now?

Is Barba on the chopping block for 2016?

Card Shark

Immortal
I recollect CB saying a few months ago that Maloney's manager wouldn't return our calls....are we still leaving messages?

Since 73

First Grade
We have a young half we are grooming. .
What on earth would that look like?

Getting a copy of Flanno's playbook?

Being mentored by Robbo?

Being left in lower grades til he leaves through frustration?

Groomed Uncle Sad style?

Who the fair fflick in our club knows anything about developing a young half....??

We had one under the current dumbos and we are now buying him back because he had to go somewhere else for our idiot coach to realise he could play.

Lol - it's F Troop. .

Good luck kid.

Latest posts