What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 14 Parra vs Storm 14 June Game Day Thread

Stagger eel

Staff member
Hope we all enjoyed our last win this year...

Half the squad is busted, we'll be flat out fielding a side by round 20...

Anyway good to celebrate a win for a change

hindy111

Post Whore
Hope we all enjoyed our last win this year...

Half the squad is busted, we'll be flat out fielding a side by round 20...

Anyway good to celebrate a win for a change

Dont be so negative..... When is De gois back? Peats season may not be over.
We get Mau and Hoppa back into the team.Fa'asso cant be far off.(adds depth) There is still seph and Kelly who are first grade capable.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Semis try saving tackle might be the funniest thing I've ever seen.

Takarangi disappeared like the runner was a positive magnet and he was the negative (is that how magnets work?)

I've never seen a merkin run away from tackles in crucial
situations like him in my life
I was screaming WTF are you doing!!! That tackle was just immense. Semi, Mannah and Junior were simply outstanding tonight.

Just watching the replay again and Pritchard had a good tough game. He can definitely hit and his all round game at hooker was neat. Hope we re-sign him.

hindy111

Post Whore
Besides all the dropped balls, missed tackles and penalties he was fantastic.

1 dropped ball
1 missed tackle

Was a few times we where flat on our feet and he made a good hard run.I thought he tried his guts out tonight.Not sure what everyone else thought.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Just watching the replay again and Pritchard had a good tough game. He can definitely hit and his all round game at hooker was neat. Hope we re-sign him.
Hope he is ok, if Peats is gone it will be chance for him to cement a spot in first grade. I love his attitude, he hits like a mack truck for a little bloke.

souths_pride

Juniors
Good win by the Eels! Very gutsy performance! However, does anyone know the reason why Mahe Fonua's effort at the end was deemed to be no try? Surely its either got to be a double movement, in which case a penalty should have been awarded, or a try due to momentum? I'm struggling to see how the referee ruled a turn over.

Stagger eel

Staff member
Hope he is ok, if Peats is gone it will be chance for him to cement a spot in first grade. I love his attitude, he hits like a mack truck for a little bloke.

Yeah he was great but you do realise he did his pec in the last play in the game?

Cody Nelson or seff will probably play 9 for the rest of the year

Good win by the Eels! Very gutsy performance! However, does anyone know the reason why Mahe Fonua's effort at the end was deemed to be no try? Surely its either got to be a double movement, in which case a penalty should have been awarded, or a try due to momentum? I'm struggling to see how the referee ruled a turn over.

Dropped it.

One of Melbs trys was accidental off side in the in-goal, yet they still gave it.

Tony Bongo

Bench

The ref was right there and said he lost control. There wasn't enough evidence to over rule it and it certainly looked like he lost control to me.

hindy111

Post Whore
TBH we got lucky with the last call IMO. But i will take it.It was out wide and only evens up the game.We had a call go our way.If the reff gives try it stays a try.He gave no try and it stayed that way. Was a bit of luck our way.
I thought one of our tries was a fair try-I also thought one of theres was accidental offside.You win some you lose some :)

bartman

Immortal
Pretty concerning we have no one left for fullback / hooker.
Sandow to fullback, cap exemption for Kelly to return as halfback ;-).

As for hooker, I'd say we'll have Sef Paulo slotting in there until one of De Gois, Pritchard, Peats or Kenny Edwards are available.

Tony Bongo

Bench
I just watched it again and still can't believe that nothing happened when Semi got hit in the head when scoring his first try. No report - NOTHING!