What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured and Confirmed Signings Part2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sir Don

Juniors
We are not short on hookers, I'm not real fussed if Api wants to go, he's offered nothing.
Every club is short on hookers you can never have enough hookers
The hooker is the most valuable member of society

The hooker is god a good one that is and cheap

Frankus

Juniors
We are not short on hookers, I'm not real fussed if Api wants to go, he's offered nothing.

Harsh considering the circumstances he was under that he had to come and fill in. It is not like he was playing behind Souths 2014 pack now is it?

Fibroman

First Grade
I heard a rumour that we will be signing Michael Jennings....... in 2025, as he has stated that he will still be playing at age 37 and will be on a 3 year deal.

Forty20

First Grade
Can any of you fellas tell me anything about Josh Grant? Not a high profile recruit for sure but we seem to have picked him up mid-season for our Holden Cup squad.

Kilkenny

Coach
Good luck to Lewis if true. Could be his last contract so hope it is a good one for him and his family. Really good player.

Fibroman

First Grade
Very under-rated player in my opinion. Him and ET would be the first 2 blokes picked in my team every week. Good luck to him.

Ps. Kilkenny, why aren't you on the golf course?

Wallace is staying on.
WALLACE RETIREMENT RUMOURS NOT TRUE
Peter Wallace has laughed off suggestions he is set to retire at the end of the year due to an ongoing knee issue.
The Penrith halfback has revealed his knee was a concern at the start of the season which prevented him from training two-days in a row
Wallace required surgery to fix the issue but feeling at ‘almost 100 percent’ he plans on seeing out his contract with the Panthers.
“I’m fine,” he told foxsports.com.au.
“The knee is good. There was a bit of torn cartilage. I had a scan in March and it didn't show up in the report so nothing was done about it. Then I had another scan after round six and when they compared the two scans it was there in March. That is why I couldn’t train on it because of the torn cartilage.
“I’m looking forward to playing consistent footy and I’ll be right for next year.”
http://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nrl...omp-market-watch/story-fn2mcuj6-1227405431582

Also in the link above we are being linked to Mitchell Cornish & Pauli Pauli

As others have said I think we are done recruiting for the year.

Last edited:

betcats

Referee
Wallace is bog average and I want a new Half as much as anyone but at this point he is still a fairly important in for our side. Matty Johns show had a stat last night that since they arrived we have won 68% of games where both Sowie and Wallace play compaired to around 40 something percent when 1 is missing.

mxlegend99

Referee
Get excited that we might boost our forward pack and/or halves. The dream is quickly crushed. Meanwhile we are losing some big name players and told we are done with recruitment.

Our current roster with Merrin in for Brown, Manu and Docker isn't really a step towards a premiership. Soward cant keep carrying Wallace.

TheFrog

Coach
Since Wallace and Soward joined us we have won 21 from 38 (55.3%) overall (5 from 12 this year).

In games Wallace has played we have won 11 from 21 (2 from 7 this year)

In games Soward has played we have won 19 from 30 (2 from 5 this year)

In games both Wallace and Soward have played we have won 12 from 16 (75%) (2 from 3 this year). The one we lost, Soward was illegally smashed by Pauli Pauli and played little part in the second half.

There have only been 3 games in which neither Wallace nor Soward played, Rounds 6,7 and 8 this year. We won 2 of those games. We have won 7 from 19 games when one or the other but not both have played, all 7 have been with Soward playing. We have not won a single game with Wallace but not Soward.

I think the most telling stat out of all this is that 19 of our 21 wins have come with Soward in the side. We have won only 2 from 8 without him. Both this year, both with Isaac John in the 7. The position we are currently in could have been far far worse.

Both Soward and Wallace have inferior records this year to last. but they've both had multiple returns from injury this year, and have played behind a beaten pack on many occasions.

Make of all this what you will. I'd suggest Wallace is a fair sort of half provided he has someone creative (ie Soward) outside him. He can't really run a first grade team on his own.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts