What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 15 other games

blaza88z

Coach
Sam Thaiday said in the press conference that Stephen Kearney is in fact the defensive coach, how does that make the faithful Parramatta fans feel?

Kornstar

Coach
Sam Thaiday said in the press conference that Stephen Kearney is in fact the defensive coach, how does that make the faithful Parramatta fans feel?

Did you see our record with him as coach? Why would we care. Once again he only performs when he is side kick to uncle Wayne.

Dibs

Bench

That he only knows 50% of what it takes to be a head coach

Eelementary

Post Whore

At the Eels, he was in charge of a shit, shit, SHIT side.

Why should the fact he's coaching a team with half a clue correlate to anything he did at Parra?

I am happy for him. I've always maintained he wasn't as bad as his record suggested he was - he just cut his teeth in the biggest joke of a club in the NRL.

Tony Bongo

Bench
Did you see our record with him as coach? Why would we care. Once again he only performs when he is side kick to uncle Wayne.

He seems to be performing pretty well on his own leading the Kiwis to victory against the best team I the world. It's amazing how the best coach in the world rates him enough to be his offsider. Maybe Wayne would do better to listen to the sage advise of some of the 'experts' on this site.

IFR33K

Coach
He seems to be performing pretty well on his own leading the Kiwis to victory against the best team I the world. It's amazing how the best coach in the world rates him enough to be his offsider. Maybe Wayne would do better to listen to the sage advise of some of the 'experts' on this site.

Tony, he was signed by Brisbane long before Wayne got there.

SK was out of his depth being a first grade coach. We are still paying the price for having him on our books.

Eelementary

Post Whore

The Kiwis ARE the best team in the world, though...

Eelementary

Post Whore
Tony, he was signed by Brisbane long before Wayne got there.

SK was out of his depth being a first grade coach. We are still paying the price for having him on our books.

Certainly was when we signed him.

And having a rookie in charge of the shambles that is this club was a big error.

Kornstar

Coach

He's performing well (finally) with a national side that has all the best kiwis playing in it, shocking!

Coaching a couple of games a year with the best of the best is a little different than running an NRL side as head coach which at the time he proved out of his depth.

Is it possible that he is just a really good NRL assistant coach? Is there any shame in that?

oldmancraigy

Coach
Wayne Bennett didn't have to keep him.
He obviously still rates him, even if it is only as his off sider.

Suity

Yeah, but like he said, is it possible that the guy is a really good number 2?

As a player, there was no doubt SK was a big time winner. Took a great culture with him wherever he went.
As a head coach, looked out of his depth, made bad personnel decisions, and got swamped by the minutiae of the job. Put him back to the 2 spot, and he can do what he does best, run drills, have input into game plans, and not be saddled with the burden of building a club.

TheParraboy

Staff member

Kearney has coached NZ v Australia 19 times, for 5 wins (26.32%)

similar percentage when he was coaching the eels

Casper The Ghost

First Grade
Kearney has coached NZ v Australia 19 times, for 5 wins (26.32%)

similar percentage when he was coaching the eels

Bennett and Kearney TPB?

easter-island-heads.jpg

IFR33K

Coach
Wayne Bennett didn't have to keep him.
He obviously still rates him, even if it is only as his off sider.

Suity

He didn't rate him highly enough to cart him to the dragons or Newcastle. Nor was he with bennet at the Broncs the first time round. It works both ways suity.