What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured and Confirmed Signings and even more Crap XXII

Status
Not open for further replies.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
If we lose this bloke that will just about do me, even if we don't it shows Sharp was full of shit when he said there will be no more clauses in contracts. And the idiot Board are whinging about an independent review, it can't come soon enough. We are the joke of the league, feel sorry for the coach who has to work with these inept clowns.

Rogue.9

Juniors
I don' blame Foran. If the board was stupid enough to offer me a a 1 sided contact where I could walk away at anytime and claim damages, then I wouldn't renegotiate either.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
My take on this is that we have looked into his contract details since Seward left and we are not happy with certain clauses so we have made the inquiry, and if its already signed, a player would be mad to allow the club to back flip.

And from that the media have a different take that says Foran will walk........................

Just the usual clickbait

I doubt the word "political issue" is written in the contract.

I'm thinking the wording of the contract would say that Foran can terminate the contract at any time for whatever reason he sees fit. This is the reason why it has now become an issue.

I would imagine that "political issue" is a reason why Foran might terminate the contract and this has been used in media reports as 'an example', but I could also imagine that "a better offer somewhere else" would also be an option...

It's obvious that this agreement has been written in Foran's favour.

Yeh, I would think that it's most likely that that there is a window at the end of each season (or before each season) in which Foran can elect to void the balance of the contract (rather than 'can go on any day they like') (i.e. 1+1+1+1 type deal), and there may be provision to leave mid-season if particular events occur (e.g. the coach leaves). Damages *may* be payable in the 2nd case, but it would be truly bizarre for damages to be payable in the instance of a player exercising an option of their own free will.

Gronk

Staff member
My take on this is that we have looked into his contract details since Seward left and we are not happy with certain clauses so we have made the inquiry, and if its already signed, a player would be mad to allow the club to back flip.

And from that the media have a different take that says Foran will walk........................

Just the usual clickbait

Agree, Look for a press release from the Eels this arvo saying that it's all hot air and that Foran is still contracted.

Just the usual clickbait

One would think that somebody in the club other than Seward would be aware of the terms of the contract though?

LOL

But but but but the clause hadn't been inserted.

Guys,

We have to stay blue
We have to stay gold
And more importantly we have to stay united.

Tony Bongo

Bench
The caption at the bottom of the photo of him says that he HAS walked away.

I'll wait for confirmation from the club or Keiran himself.

Does anyone else not really care whether he comes or not? I won't be terribly upset.

LOL at speculation junkies.

Hey how about that we are forcing Foran out to fit Hayne back in ?

I agree with ya Gronk

People need to calm down. Hooper from the Telegraph is just trying to cause more disharmony in the joint.

All of the above!

Well it's worked a treat James. You have your 15 mins of fame.

Trendsmap Sydney ‏@TrendsSydney 2m2 minutes ago Sydney, New South Wales
James Hooper, @jimmyhooper is now trending in #Sydney http://trendsmap.com/au/sydney

Yeah well f**k you Jimmy you shit stirring clown. If I hear it from Foran I will believe it but I'm not falling for the sky is falling in headlines of this dickhead.

Incorrect

Coach
Matty Johns will be unbearable on his show tonight.... he'll pump this story up as hard and as long as he can....

I can see it now - Lara Pitt will ask him if he's heard anything about a possible backflip and Johns' response will go something like this;

"Well, Lara, what I'm hearing is that the Eels have had a change of heart on some of the terms and conditions written in to the contract Keiran signed and Keiran wants nothing to do with the joint if they pursue any changes and will demand the contract be null and void if something like that happens. I'm hearing there's a lot more to this story and it won't be over any time soon"

Basically he'll just paraphrase all the internet content but by adding the words "I'm hearing" he passes it off as some of his own 'inside info'...

Casper The Ghost

First Grade
Shouldn't our response simply be that Barry O'Speedwagon has told us that no such clause exists?

wolverine_cosplay_by_scream4dolls.jpg

Delboy

First Grade
This management is f**ked.
Bring in the NRL!

How could they not know about the fairness
Of a clause?

If the CEO did not advise the boardof the clause and signed the contract and advised the board it was finalised, and announced. Guess they may not have known, the New board took place after the signing, maybe it came to light in their review when taking their places, all speculation at best

Shouldn't our response simply be that Barry O'Speedwagon has told us that no such clause exists?

No 'what' clause?

I've said about a dozen times that a clause that is simply written in terms of 'political instability' is meaningless, but that they could well have clauses that are triggered by specific events.....e.g. the coach is fired, the club is taken over by the NRL, the CEO is fired (less likely but possible).

Would you like to find a quote where I've said that no clause exists?

Casper The Ghost

First Grade
If the CEO did not advise the boardof the clause and signed the contract and advised the board it was finalised, and announced. Guess they may not have known, the New board took place after the signing, maybe it came to light in their review when taking their places, all speculation at best

I agree, to me this is the overall territory of the issue.
It seems Seward f**ked up the "standards" of no bullshit clauses in contracts Sharp had put in place and is why Seward had to go... .

But there was a clause that everyone knew about even the journalists reported on it in the papers. How do the journos know and we know about it but the board don't?

Another embarrassing episode under the current management.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts