What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured and Confirmed Signings and even more Crap XXII

Status
Not open for further replies.

Casper The Ghost

First Grade
Never heard you say that when 3P were voted in, or even after 2 years, and we were a mess years before they came along.
Swings both ways Freak.

Hindsight....... "if only"........ how many of us reflected with hindsight and thought "if only"....

We all want to end the shit Suity.

So does Sharpe and co.

We need to support them to end this shit. If they don't succeed over the next two years our club will be in very deep shit, probably far worse than it's currently in.

cv8z

Juniors
We were a disgrace long before he came along. But I guess you won't be willing to admit that. Will take a few more years before we are a powerhouse. Yes it's painful, but rather then spit the dummy I'll hope it all pans out well. If the NRL needs to help us then so be it.

according to sharp next year is the beginning of our powerhouse years

ash411

Bench
My thoughts:

At the moment I can't see a need for the Chairman to respond seeing that we have an acting CEO. There seems to be way too many chiefs and not enough Indians in our set up. If I were in charge I would make it a rule that only one person speaks to the media. Sharp isn't even in a fulltime position at the club yet he makes the majority of pubic statements. Whether you like Denis Fitzgerald or not at least you knew who the boss was. I think I can count on my hand the amount of times Alan Overton spoke to the media.

Now it seems to be a free for all and you wonder why there are leaks. Their governance and management process is so amateur, that it is embarrasing. The CEO should only speak to the media.

I don't think it will fall over, but if Foran reneges (which I would not blame him for seeing that management were so stupid to allow it in the first place) I would accept the fact that the NRL must take control of the board and that the current board should all stand down, Sharp included.

End of story.

Yep. The board should stand down and we get a whole new group of board members..

That'll promote stability. Then when the new board farts in the boardroom, we should get rid of them too.

Sound about right? just keep cycling through board members? Is that really the answer?

IFR33K

Coach
Never heard you say that when 3P were voted in, or even after 2 years, and we were a mess years before they came along.
Swings both ways Freak.

Is that you poo???

We were never a mess in 2007 or 2008. In 2009 Roy and co were appointed to my delight. We also had a decent year in 2009, and I wouldn't be surprised if clowns credit Roy for that.

2010 saw a lot of backstabbing and betrayal. That's when the rot began. The eels went on to make some horrendous signings which has resulted in us being below the 8 ball ever since.

But thanks for your input suity.

Stagger eel

Staff member
We were a disgrace long before he came along. But I guess you won't be willing to admit that. Will take a few more years before we are a powerhouse. Yes it's painful, but rather then spit the dummy I'll hope it all pans out well. If the NRL needs to help us then so be it.

but hold on... Being a disgrace 2 or 3 years ago doesn't necessarily mean we should dismiss this last little episode... The majority of this board have been here for over 2 years now and yet there's been absolutely no improvement on and off the field ...

Were u guys sick of this shit when Roy had a get out clause for RS???

If Foran still wants to come here he will. If it's all about KF then he can go elsewhere.

Here comes the cavalry.... Tell me does the plumber switch on a spot light into the night sky (similar to the batman one) to notify you and your cronies that he's in trouble on LU?

You seem to arrive on here all together like a bus of geniuss turning up to play school. Speaking of the challenged where is fartman/phantom? Is it their shift to do the defending soon?

Suitman

Post Whore
Hindsight....... "if only"........ how many of us reflected with hindsight and thought "if only"....

We all want to end the shit Suity.

So does Sharpe and co.

We need to support them to end this shit. If they don't succeed over the next two years our club will be in very deep shit, probably far worse than it's currently in.

I agree. We DO need to support them. I'm on record here as saying I wanted Sharp and his board returned and to have full control.
Doesn't mean I'm going to blindly support everything they do, nor will I refrain from criticising them when things turn to shit.
If Foran plays elsewhere next year, it's a massive f**k up and yes, it DOES concern me. And it's a f**kup that this board should take responsibility for, just like the last board should have for theirs, and every board before that.

I'm sorry, but with Scott and Foran coming on board next year, I could see a strong squad slowly coming together.
To lose one of those players due to the ineptness of an employee and senior management would just smack of romper room antics once again, from our club.

I don't give a f**k who is in charge tbh Casper. I just expect, that if we sign a player like Foran, we get to keep him.
Time will tell whether he still comes or not, but the fact that this story has us once again, the laughing stock of the NRL is bad enough as it is.

And that is just this week.
It's been a story a week. It's a laugh-a-thon. I should have knocked on doors around the neighbourhood and got sponsors. I could have made the club a fortune.

Suity

Last edited:

Stagger eel

Staff member
Is that you poo???

We were never a mess in 2007 or 2008. In 2009 Roy and co were appointed to my delight. We also had a decent year in 2009, and I wouldn't be surprised if clowns credit Roy for that.

2010 saw a lot of backstabbing and betrayal. That's when the rot began. The eels went on to make some horrendous signings which has resulted in us being below the 8 ball ever since.

But thanks for your input suity.

The upheaval started in 08 remember?? And 07 we had a coach who couldn't control his players off field behaviour....

IFR33K

Coach
but hold on... Being a disgrace 2 or 3 years ago doesn't necessarily mean we should dismiss this last little episode... The majority of this board have been here for over 2 years now and yet there's been absolutely no improvement on and off the field ...

Why not get you friend Roy to stop destabilising the board/club and plug the leaks. That's a start isn't it????

The club was a mess from 5 years ago bro, not 2 or 3 years. The current board has had to deal with so much since there appointment,I wouldn't be surprised if they walked.

You put shittt on sharp here, but I bet you associate with at any given chance.

Craig, the one thing that Sharp stands for, is that the Eels must improve and go forward

Not helped by the clowns that constantly backstab and believe they were "born to rule"

Let's give him the opportunity to succeed now he has a board that is elected supporting him, not the alliance of haters that have hung around for the past 3/4 years

Who are those clowns? Can you name names?

Status
Not open for further replies.