What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured and Confirmed Signings and even more Crap XXIII

Status
Not open for further replies.

goboggo

Juniors
I instantly thought that the simple thing was to just change the clause so that he could still walk if BA goes, but just take away the money payment for walking. After all, if Foran truly wants to be here then that would be an acceptable compromise to him.

Then I read that is what the Foran team asked for and we REFUSED?? Jesus.

And why are we offering less money (if true)?

I instantly thought that the simple thing was to just change the clause so that he could still walk if BA goes, but just take away the money payment for walking. After all, if Foran truly wants to be here then that would be an acceptable compromise to him.

That's what I don't get... we want the clauses changed. But articles say we want to offer less. Surely that can't be right. Ok change the clauses but don't offer less, it's unethical.

born an eel

Bench
Seems like a lot of people on here get very confused about the role of theboard and that of the CEO and senior management.
One lot get a token payment and oversee the general direction of the running of the club and hire the senior management.
The others are responsible for the day to day running of the club and meeting the rules and regulations that are required of a licensed club. For this they get payed hundreds of thousands of dollars and are expected to work probably 50 hour weeks.

Board members are only required to attend scheduled meetings which are only about 16 a year. If we want them to be across everything and work 40 hour weeks we need to pay them as full time employees.

born an eel

Bench

I would expect to have to offer more to remove the clauses.

Maybe the club contract is less but Bill Moss and his mates are finally showing they are interested in the team and not the power and are meeting the extras through third party arrangements.

insert.pause

First Grade
Seems like a lot of people on here get very confused about the role of theboard and that of the CEO and senior management.
One lot get a token payment and oversee the general direction of the running of the club and hire the senior management.
The others are responsible for the day to day running of the club and meeting the rules and regulations that are required of a licensed club. For this they get payed hundreds of thousands of dollars and are expected to work probably 50 hour weeks.

Board members are only required to attend scheduled meetings which are only about 16 a year. If we want them to be across everything and work 40 hour weeks we need to pay them as full time employees.

If you honestly believe the board had no responsibility to know the terms of a contract that had them liable for a million dollar payment at the behest of the other party then it's you who is confused about their role.

natheel

Coach
Ok so can someone do a rundown of what's happened? Haha

Why are we confident he will stay now?

bartman

Immortal
@insert.pause... The Board has a responsibility to know - and that's why they pay to employ people in roles like Footy CEO, to be responsible and tell them. Born An Eel has the roles spot on, people expecting the Board/Chair to spend 50 hours a week on voluntary work reading the fine print of every contract don't know how the real world works!

We no longer have a Footy CEO employed, just before the issues with these clauses came to light... you join the dots. The Board has acted decisively when confronted with the issue. What more do you want them to do? (Other than employ someone better qualified for/experienced as a Footy CEO next time....)

Johnny88

Juniors
Rival clubs were circling Kieran Foran last night as a dispute over dual contracts and damages ­clauses threatened to undermine the Manly megastar’s move to Parramatta next season.
Foran agreed to a four-year mega-deal with the Eels earlier this year but that agreement was thrown into chaos when the NRL raised concerns over aspects of the contract, most notably the existence of a damages clause which would have resulted in Foran receiving a massive payout should he walk out on the club due to “management upheaval”.
The damages clause was believed to come into effect once Foran joined the club in November this year and could have resulted in him receiving $625,000 — his wage to be included under the salary cap next season excluding third party deals.
Other sources suggested the payout figure was in excess of $1 million. Regardless, senior Parramatta officials, including head of football operations Daniel Anderson, who stepped into the breach when chief executive Scott Seward resigned last week, claimed they were unaware of the clause and asked the NRL not to register Foran’s contract after it was brought to their attention.
While the Eels were pointing the finger in the direction of Seward, it is understood he is of the belief that the board was fully informed of the contractual terms. There were further suggestions that two contracts were formalised in relation to Foran, the first containing the contentious damages clause and the second without it.
Again, it is understood Seward believes the board was aware of both contracts and the second was merely amended after an agreement was struck over the inclusion of the damages clause.
Parramatta convened a board meeting last night to discuss the Foran situation amid claims they had significantly reduced their offer to the New Zealand international because potential third party deals had fallen over.
The Foran imbroglio wasn’t the only matter on the board’s mind, with the winds of change at the club resulting in the decision to part ways with football manager Jason Irvine.
“The Eels have been working with the NRL and Kieran Foran’s management on two clauses within his contract that were previously undisclosed to the board and senior football management,” the Eels said in a statement.
“The discussions have been productive and it is the club’s understanding that issues surrounding these clauses can be resolved.”
http://www.theaustralian.com.au/spo...rans-eels-switch/story-fnca0von-1227410164732

Parra Pride

Coach
I can't wait until it turns out we have completely f**ked this up, and our one slim chance at actually turning into a relevant team any time in the next five years is out the window. Glory days ahead!!!

TheRam

Coach
I posted on here 3 mths ago Manlt where throwing HUGE $$ at BA. Not we all know Geof is gone. But apparently Barrett has his job.....I wonder if theyl make a late play for BA?

Ram will be happy

Not really. I don't take pleasure out of watching once again our club disgrace itself in public and in the process lose what little credibility we still had.

I don't dislike BA, I just don't think having a rookie coach is a good fit for a basket case like Parra. We are doing him no favors and he will make many mistakes on his steep learning curve, that neither he or the club can really afford.

But it is what it is now.

Johnny88

Juniors
If its True that Parra want Foran to take a 300k paycut a season I can't see any player accepting those terms. Who really knows what is going on looking forward to the events of Day 2.

IFR33K

Coach
It was reported on the Matty johns show there was a board meeting where BA was pleading with the board he still wants Foran here.

What are people's thoughts if it was BA that insisted or agreed on the two extraordinary get out clauses for for the KF contract??

As much as I'd love to have Foran here, having those clauses in his contract could send us back another decade. It ain't worth the risk.

Noise

Coach
If it was BA that wanted those clauses then he is not fit to be a first grade coach.

Gronk

Staff member
Geeze some of you lot carry on. I just read 15 pages of hysteria. More drama queens than that Housewives of Melbourne show. Get a grip.

Stagger eel

Staff member
@insert.pause... The Board has a responsibility to know - and that's why they pay to employ people in roles like Footy CEO, to be responsible and tell them. Born An Eel has the roles spot on, people expecting the Board/Chair to spend 50 hours a week on voluntary work reading the fine print of every contract don't know how the real world works!

We no longer have a Footy CEO employed, just before the issues with these clauses came to light... you join the dots. The Board has acted decisively when confronted with the issue. What more do you want them to do? (Other than employ someone better qualified for/experienced as a Footy CEO next time....)

:lol:

Oh miss Dame you make me lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts