What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Melbourne want the NRL Grand Final

God-King Dean

Immortal
I had to go out to Homebush Stadium to do some work ... I had to go through Punchbowl, where surely the suburb flag is a car on blocks with grass growing through its differential on the nature strip," he said.

Legend.

I'm Melbourne born and bred - but I really hope the grand final is not sold to Melbourne to host!
It belongs in Sydney - you could argue Brisbane have a case, but to me it's a Sydney event and I love coming up every year for it!

ACTPanthers

Bench
I'm Melbourne born and bred - but I really hope the grand final is not sold to Melbourne to host!
It belongs in Sydney - you could argue Brisbane have a case, but to me it's a Sydney event and I love coming up every year for it!

That can't be right - You sound somewhat intelligent... :lol:

Jokes aside, I can't see the GF being moved any time soon - I know the SOO got a big crowd, but I just can't imagine too many neutral supporters from Melb going to a, for example, Bulldogs - Roosters GF.

Bulldog Force

Referee

Brisbane will have a case once they get a bigger stadium, which won't be in the foreseeable future.

At least Brisbane, and QLD in general. brought a lot to the game, such as the fierce SoO rivalry, great players, 4 clubs (R.I.P crushers), with talks another 2 (Brisbane Bombers, CQ), and they've also embraced the game.

What have Melbourne done for the NRL to warrant moving it down there, apart from treating it like a 3rd world game that had difficulty getting a live tv game in the 21st century? I'll answer that question... NOTHING!

And just because their stadium can hold 90,000 people, which is only 7,000 more than ANZ, doesn't warrant them taking it from Sydney!

They might as well make a pitch for the Tour de France while they're at it!

oldmancraigy

Coach
Takes me less time to get to ANZ than it would to get to Melbourne...

Having said that, I have no issue with the GF being played outside of Sydney. Whether now is the right time to do it?

I Bleed Maroon

Referee
I love how these little Victorian snotrags who constantly crawl up the AFLs ass any other time are now getting in line for some of the quality soup that the NRL are serving after 90,000 rocked up to the G. The AFL must be pissed as hell about this.

Also I love how I got pounded in the other thread for suggesting that the GF should be moved to Brisbane in light of a Broncs/Cows match up yet for some people in this thread, it isn't a huge issue :lol:

Last edited:

Flapper

First Grade
I went to a party in Melbourne a while back and the merkins tried to start the barbecue with polystyrene. That's up there with this spanner's stupidity.

***MH***

Bench
I have no issue with the NRL GF travelling around to other major cities.
Brisbane, Melbourne, Auckland would host excellent GF events. And when it does come back to Sydney, it becomes exclusive and a more attractive event.

You can't grow your nursery when you keep re-shoveling the same old dirt in the one pot plant.

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member
You can't grow your nursery when you keep re-shoveling the same old dirt in the one pot plant.

true, but a seed that falls too far from the tree is less likely to be sheltered by it's leaves.

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member
it is important to prepare in the spring for when the leaves fall in autumn