What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured and Confirmed Signings and even more Crap XXIII

Status
Not open for further replies.

born an eel

Bench
It's now quite obvious that if Foran will only come with the clause he will only see out 1 year and go to the rorters or doggies with $1M of our cap after giving them time to reorganize some cap space.

Swiftstylez

Bench
Lmao i like kent because he tells the truth without sugar coating it for the bleeding hearts. If you find that abrasive you might need to take a few steps back from the eels because the reality is he has been on the mark and we have lost it. You dont need to find scapegoats for your feelings as well as players

goboggo

Juniors
They still finished 7th that season, 11 11 and 13 before that,

Perennial strugglers

Yeah and they finished 5th the year that they made the GF, and I think have only been in the top 4 once.

They had some horror years right in the middle of Thurston's peak, and the reason that everyone gave at the time was that he was the star player and they couldn't afford other decent players.

Players quite often go where they can get the best cash and sometimes having a "star" eg Hayne means other players think they can't go there. Sometimes they are right - if you got a guy on a million what is left for others?? Would we be signing Foran if we still had Hayne?

I'm not saying you're wrong exactly, and I think having Foran is ideal at this point, but having one great player is not the be all and end all.

Lmao i like kent because he tells the truth without sugar coating it for the bleeding hearts. If you find that abrasive you might need to take a few steps back from the eels because the reality is he has been on the mark and we have lost it. You dont need to find scapegoats for your feelings as well as players

I like Kent, but I don't think he's on the mark with his comments on Parra of late. Criticism, even ridicule, is deserved, but not for what he has been claiming. And you should remember he is close friends with Ricky.

Swiftstylez

Bench
I like Kent, but I don't think he's on the mark with his comments on Parra of late. Criticism, even ridicule, is deserved, but not for what he has been claiming. And you should remember he is close friends with Ricky.

What has he been claiming this is untrue? Everything that he has claimed and broken on NRL 360 about Foran and the Eels situation worsening (TPA's to Hopoate and Sandow) has been true. He'd know more than the average about what is going on at the Eels if he was friends with Stuart.

Casper The Ghost

First Grade
It's now quite obvious that if Foran will only come with the clause he will only see out 1 year and go to the rorters or doggies with $1M of our cap after giving them time to reorganize some cap space.

If you are referring to the $1mil clause, I just can't see how the board and DA after going through so much disruption would come to now backing off? Not removing the $1mil clause will make them the laughing stock of the Rugby League community and beyond, and will inevitably lead to their resignations or sackings as well as causing massive damage to our cap and our club for years to come.

Fighting to remove it is the ONLY right option they have but they must still win over Foran to have the chance to quickly smooth everything over down-the-line. And if they don't get Foran's signature without the $1mil clause, well our club will have many more knives stabbed deeply into its back as well as theirs.

It is really simple what they have to do and so far it looks like they are puling it off.

What has he been claiming this is untrue? Everything that he has claimed and broken on NRL 360 about Foran and the Eels situation worsening (TPA's to Hopoate and Sandow) has been true. He'd know more than the average about what is going on at the Eels if he was friends with Stuart.

He does know more than the average. But I've never heard him say anything about this club that I didn't read here first. It's his insistence on referring to the Eels as a basket-case that I have issue with, where he ignores the stability of the last two years. I think his friendship with Stuart affects him, as it would most.

hindy111

Post Whore
You wanna bet? I reckon he will commit to us. Come on let's do it. If I'm wrong I will stay away from this forum until the start of season 2016, however if I win you leave and I get the privilege of not seeing your shitty grammar for nearly 9 months. You have until midnight.

Deal?

Your on cowboy.....

ash411

Bench
Honestly, pull your head in.

You have no idea who I am, it's a public forum where after being on here for quite a number of years and starting to understand how most of the regular posters work etc, lately I've been posting things I get told because we are all here for the same reason. Supporting parra.

My family has been involved with this club since it began, what is happening now is nothing short of a disgrace.
This political bulls**t at the club has got to the point where it's taken over. The negativity needs to stop.

Feeling like a big man isn't the reason I'm on here or why I post things. It's because of the love I have for this club and the fact I simply love talking league are the reasons I'm on here.

But have your wish, just so I don't feel like a big man. And I won't post things I'm told anymore.

OK, firstly, the big man comment was out of line, so I'll apologise for that.

However, I do have a problem with the fact that someone in the Eels organisation is giving (i.e. leaking) information to you.

I understand that your family has been involved with the club forever and I respect that, but if someone in the club administration is telling you club business that you really have no business knowing, then that's not good news for us.

And to make things worse, you're repeating it here.

What is the most lingering issue the club has had in recent memory, loose lips. You know what they say about those, right?

But apparently people like hearing the inside info, which honestly, yes it's interesting, but it's potentially dangerous that club business can get out in the ether this easily, isn't it?

I have no doubt that you love the club, you speak passionately about it, and I agree with you that we aren't in a good place now, and that needs to be rectified, yesterday.

Post what you want, it makes no difference to me, and people like hearing it, but remember that inside info carries a responsibility with it, a reporter can easily read this forum, find something you repeated from someone at the club and quote you as "sources close to the club administration". Don't think for a minute that these scumbag journos aren't above that kind of behavior.

but again, apologies for getting personal, the original post wasn't directed directly at you, nonetheless I was out of line. But you have to admit, I have a point, no? (not the personal stuff, the other stuff)

TheRam

Coach
And that's why they ALL need to go, and the NRL take over, until we can put into place a suitable board and management structure.
That however, is just my opinion.

Suity

My thoughts exactly. Sooner then later please.

They wouldn't do that.
I don't know that for sure, but if they haven't already done that to the Sharks, they are hardly going to do it to the club with the biggest potential to move the League forward and leave a heartland area deserted.
That's just fantasy and scare mongering.
The NRL want us as a successful entity just as much as we do.

Suity

Only an idiot with a suicide wish would suggest such a thing.

I am sure people realise that the NRL cannot take over the running or the Board of the PLC dont they? At present the NRL licence is licenced to a subsidiary company of the PLC (PNRL Pty Ltd) which has no board of its own and reports to the duly elected PLC Board.

The NRL could ask for the placement of an executive employee into PNRL but I cant see them demanding a seat at the PLC Board and getting it.

True, but from what I understand the ARLC/NRL can't do much at the moment because the license agreement doesn't have enough teeth in it at present to allow them to impose their demands, unless we get into financial difficulty.

But when the next license agreements(2018 I think) comes around the NRL is planing to make these agreements a lot more accountable. Meaning the licensee will need to meet a strict set of obligations and conditions or suffer the consequences. Good governance standards will be at the forefront of these agreements and if the club cannot or does not comply, they will be subject to penalties to fit the needs that will bring the club back into line with the standards that are expected by an NRL licensed club.

Of course that is way to far away for any of us Eels supporters to get excited about.

Snoochies

First Grade
Article in todays Tele with Arthur 'I won't walk away'. Can't access it as I don't pay for their content. Interested to hear from him.

Status
Not open for further replies.