What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The forums new sacred cow

Frenzy.

Immortal
We have a young half we are grooming. He is 18 nearly 19 and wont be ready for NRL for 2-3 years.

Thats why Maloney is the perfect fit for us.

Also, a Maloney/Townsend combo while not being the best defensively, gives us a solid kicking game.

It's a ruse.

The only young half Pissflap will be developing is Kyle Flanagan.

Mr Angry

Not a Referee
Looks more like Laurie everyday...

10 odd games in looks good enough...so much to come...

Robbo needs a taxi to defend.

Card Shark

Immortal
Now that we have Maloney & (apparently) Townsend, I guess you are right.

However at centre, he will see a lot less of the pill & when he does see it, it'll probably be with less time / space.

shaggs

Coach
What's happening with the interchange for next year??

If it's reduced, bird needs to play 13 and be the right side 5/8. (Chad in the left), Maloney both sides.

If it stays at 12, then centre I guess.

bluefox1968

Juniors
Bird reminds me of Daley as well, having Maloney as half next year and Bird 5/8 could be lethal combo

We need to remember Daley played centre and five-eighth, and did equally well. Many rate him as one the best defensive centres ever. I thought he was a better centre, BUT he did not always get the ball enough.

So let the debate continue...

We need to remember Daley played centre and five-eighth, and did equally well. Many rate him as one the best defensive centres ever. I thought he was a better centre, BUT he did not always get the ball enough.

Interesting Daley played most of start of his FG at centre for first 3 season then moved to 5/8 and basically for next 10 years played there, with little centre and lock

Blue the key is with Bird centre/fe/lock down the road he must get his hand on the ball he is a strike weapon

bluefox1968

Juniors
Interesting Daley played most of start of his FG at centre for first 3 season then moved to 5/8 and basically for next 10 years played there, with little centre and lock

Yes, that's how I remember it. I remember being frustrated with him at centre, because he was not as involved offensively, so, for him, 5/8th was a good move.

Bird? I think it's too early to tell. If he's a gun centre, then we won't be complaining...

What is he like for pace? I'm out of the country, so hard to watch any games at all. I have seen 2 games this year - SOO 1 & 2...

Yes, that's how I remember it. I remember being frustrated with him at centre, because he was not as involved offensively, so, for him, 5/8th was a good move.

Bird? I think it's too early to tell. If he's a gun centre, then we won't be complaining...

What is he like for pace? I'm out of the country, so hard to watch any games at all. I have seen 2 games this year - SOO 1 & 2...

Blue is he not a gun for speed but over 20 -30 good enough makes break he will score

Card Shark

Immortal
Did an awesome play in defence last might 68. Match winning imo.

We'd got back within striking distance & the Cowboys made a long break down our left side I thought they were certain to score, which would've stopped our comeback I reckon.

Anyway, he's raced from the other side of the field bolting for the opposite corner. Got there just before the Cowboy runner, forcing him to put the breaks on & head back towards the posts. This deviation in path was enough to allow the cover defence to catch him & Bird helped finish the tackle off.

We (amazingly) held them out for a few more tackles & that was the turning point imo. Not sure if it was speed that got him there in time but his reading of the situation was beyond his years.

bluefox1968

Juniors
Thanks, guys for the updates...

Thankfully, I can now watch some highlights on the net, but it takes awhile to load...

Vin Fizz

Bench
This year yes, next year no. He needs to be a centre next year.

Said it in another post. I cant for the life of me see him as a back rower so if he's moving from 6 then centre it is. He should be running lines into holes and finishing off not having to bust the line as he may need to if he's playing on the inside of the fringe. Give him space in the attacking zone.

Vin Fizz

Bench
Bird reminds me of Daley as well, having Maloney as half next year and Bird 5/8 could be lethal combo

Snoz is a big man. Dont know if Birdy is. Daley was a freak at beating his man one on one. He is six pick handles wide and could push cuties into the stands. As his knees started to become dodgy he became a ball player and would take the line on then offload. He had some pretty handy backs to hit as well. Birdy has that Daley Hustle about him I agree but I don't think he has the one on one tackle breaking ability of snoz.

Latest posts