What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Funeral

Maccas4177

Juniors
Why not? It's Shark related - one of our players was mentioned. Take the opportunity to pass on best wishes. Or not. Your call.

bluefox1968

Juniors
Bluey - I disagree.

There is obviously a connection with our club in Murphy.

We should 'weep with those who weep'.

The fact that James Ackerman died playing footy is something that should be shared, not to disgrace the game in any way, but we should not hide it.

Am I missing something? Murphy is a Sharks contracted player and its in the news.
Definitely no problems with me to put it on the forum.

Since 73

First Grade
F#ck me this type of stuff doesnt need to be posted on a forum.
Seriously mate pull your head in.

If you're that precious leave and go and hide in a cupboard and for gawds sake don't pick up a newspaper.

As explained Murphy plays for us and it relates to how he may be affected by this weeks game and last weeks.

But above all that - Ackers story has every right to be on a footy forum. One of the most popular players in the whole competition who tragically died minutes into a game in that competition. It has rocked players and supporters.

The club have retired the No. 8. His club will never run out in it again.

The story is about how former teammates and coaches explain his impact on their lives - all brought about by footy.

bluey

Bench
Bluey - I disagree.

There is obviously a connection with our club in Murphy.

We should 'weep with those who weep'.

The fact that James Ackerman died playing footy is something that should be shared, not to disgrace the game in any way, but we should not hide it.
And that is fair enough also, but personally I would just leave it alone.

Frenzy.

Immortal
Have some of you blokes been asleep?

This forum has read like an obituary column for years. We share each others grief when a forum member has a loss and we post about dead rock stars and footy players all the time.

Get a fekking grip.

coolumsharkie

Referee
Doubt the player that made the tackle will play again. Was a swinging arm, one of those one in a million contacts unfortunately.

I really feel for the guy.

This has been all over the media in Queensland. I see no problem with expressing some sympathy in this forum.

I lost two loved ones recently and I would think friends and loved ones of his and the poor bloke involved in the tackle would actually take some comfort from any genuine concern .

Don't know if much was made of it in NSW media but I think it is a great credit to the man and his relatives that he was an organ donor.

Last edited: