What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Help German Rugby League

RoosTah

Juniors
I didn't even know Germany had rugby league - good to see. I've always thought their soccer obsession was a bit odd.

langpark

First Grade
After a few years in the wilderness, they are back and have already played a few internationals this year.

I believe this fundraising campaign is to help start their first domestic league and help train new coaches and refs.

They're doing pretty well, so far have raised 215/1000eu.

Der Kaiser

Juniors
Nationaler Rugby League Deutschland e.V is responsible for the development of Rugby League in Germany. We need help to fund the following in 2016:
4 team Domestic Competition
4 Coach & Match Officials Courses in Germany
Hosting 2 Internationals in 2016 (Cost of Stadium, Food for teams, Referee Costs etc)
Helping to cover costs for our first Youth game in Gnarrenburg in Summer of 2016.
Without your help we might not be able to achieve our aims!

http://www.gofundme.com/nrl-de

Rightly since we lost our status with the RLEF we lost grant money plus we have had to start from scratch again. The Old Rugby League Deutschland was legally shut down and we have no links to that previous setup even though a couple of us had been involved with it a few years before. Nationaler Rugby League Deutschland e.V is the new Federation and has just been accepted by the RLEF/RLIF as the Governing body for Germany. Obviously we have a lot to do to get our status back with the RLEF. Its not been easy and we have had to fight much red tape etc to get where we are.

This year we beat Spain away and the Dutch at home. But honestly speaking the real excitement and development is now under way. We had a 12 a aside game on 4 July between North Germany (Players from Karlsfhöfen and a couple from the Bremen area) and Nordrhein Westfalen. NRW winning 26-54 in Gnarrenburg (Home of Karlshöfen). Next up we have a 9s in Dortmund on the 25th July and then another event on the 1st August. We hope to expand on that in 2016. I myself alongside Bob Doughton have probably sent a good 1000 Euros on things so far. We hope that with the donations that we will use in 2016 it can help cover some of the costs of hosting events and can further develop the game in 2016. Personally I think the Youth game is our most exciting challenge. It will involve kids from NRW coming to Gnarrenburg and playing Karlshöfen in a non-contact form of Rugby League.

We didnt apply for the RLDF Grant because we felt another nation deserved it more than us. We have not really done that much so far and didnt feel right for us to enter. The work of Serbia, Czech Republic etc deserves to be rewarded by such things. So we decided to set up our own fundraiser where people can help us try and build for the future. If people feel they believe in what we are doing and feel we are fair dinkum then they can donate as they wish. We are confident we can deliver and use peoples donations in the right way. We have initially put 100 Euros and if we reached that good. But being honest that doesnt go far! My travel costs alone that I have payed for this year is around 400 Euros plus the amount of hosting the Dutch which I basically payed for was alot more. Our problem in Germany is the travelling distance. For instance When we went down to Karlsruhe for a Training Day in May it was a round trip of around 1500KM! Our nearest group of people in Gnarrenburg is in the Dortmund/Bochum area which is more than a 6 hour round trip.

Last edited: