What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Serbia Win 2015 Rugby League Development Fund Grant

deluded pom?

Coach
http://www.nospam18.com/rugby-leagu...-win-2015-rugby-league-development-fund-grant

Rugby League Development Fund members would like to congratulate the Serbian Rugby League Federation on winning the 2015 Rugby League Planet Rugby League Development Fund Grant. Serbia submitted a comprehensive application covering the ongoing development of rugby league in Serbia and received a majority of the votes from RLDF members.

Jovan Vujosevic who is the Rugby League European Federation Regional Director for Central and East Europe and also the Serbian Rugby League Federation Regional Director commented on the great news.

"As RLEF Regional Director I want to thank the Rugby League Planet Rugby League Development Fund for their support of rugby league development around a World. Over the last 10 years rugby league has become the fastest growing sport in Europe and support from institutions like Rugby League Planet Rugby League Development Fund is a great example how we can push forward and support the greatest game of all. Serbia will use this grant to support a project that started with the support of the Australian Embassy in Belgrade. The Rugby League Planet Rugby League Development Fund Grant will help the Serbian Rugby League Federation to continue this project and to develop youth rugby league, because this is one of the essential parts of development of every rugby league nation."

Rugby League development Fund member Richard Cowley also commented.

"The Serbian Rugby League Federation have been making steady progress year on year. They are one of the shining lights of rugby league in Europe. The Rugby League Development Fund Grant could not go to a more deserving nation. On behalf of all the Rugby League Planet Rugby League Development Fund members I would like to wish Jovan and the Serbian Rugby League Federation all the best as they continue to develop rugby league at grass roots level."

The Rugby League Planet Rugby League Development Fund has now been assisting developing rugby league nations for 5 years. Jamaica, Canada, Ghana, Ukraine and now Serbia have all benefited from the $11,770 contributed by RLDF members.

The rugby league planet rugby league development fund is now looking to increase membership. For as little as $10 a month or a one off payment of $120 for 12 months you can do you little bit to assist rugby league as it grows around the world and have access to the applications the RLDF receives from developing nations.

To find out more about the Rugby League Planet Rugby League Development Fund you can:

email rldf@nospam18.com

Jump onto our RLDF section in the RLP forums http://forums.nospam18.com/forum/1581937/

Visit our RLDF page http://www.nospam18.com/rugby-league-development.

hutch

First Grade
Great news. I signed up this year and voted for Serbia so I'm happy my money has gone there. For only $10 a month you can have a positive impact on developing rugby league internationally! Looking forward to seeing Serbias progress over the next few years!

The Partisan

I'd say my vote got them across the line ! :D

Serbia did put in a professional application. Best of luck to them for the future and also the other two applicants for the fund.

Love being able to contribute to the game's development in some small way.

The Partisan

Mmmmm.....in leiu of last week's events perhaps we should dock them a few dollars now :p

Only kidding folks !

(Though if the organisation or individuals linked to the organisations were involved in further indescretions in the near future I will want an investigation into how the funds are being used.)

langpark

First Grade
Don't you know what the money will be spent on before you pledge it? Isn't that the whole idea? No point asking now where it is going, these are questions that need to be asked beforehand.