What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Personal Bests, Completed Goals, Milestones and General Achievement Thread

Misanthrope

Staff member
I'm stepping my cycling up in intervals. Met my 100km target this month and hoping to tick off 150km in October before doing 200km in November.

It's small fish, but running's no longer really an option with the immense amounts of construction they're doing in my area. It's a minefield.

CliffyIsGod

First Grade
I've dropped the km's on the bike a bit to do a bit more gym work.

PB's of late:
120kg deadlift, 4 reps
Finally went over body weight with bench press, 70kg, 4 reps

I weigh 64kg, so happy with the above so far.

Cliffhanger

Coach
I hate you, but awesome job.

I haven't hit any new pbs but am currently up to my 65th day without refined sugar.

Rhino_NQ

Immortal
weightloss_zpsd82fb5f4.jpg

Sorry for the wanky title of the imgur album, but I think its important to know you don't need animal protein to get in good shape. I used to be a big meat eater, chicken and rice every meal like the classic bodybuilder thing. Had an ephiphany and finally turned vego about 18 months ago. Even if you don't go vegetarian, I think fitness addicts like myself should cut down on meat consumption. You won't get small, fat, grow man boobs. If not for the animals, or for the environment, then for your own health.

This is not my achievement, its easy once you subject yourself to the facts. My achievement is I've slowly cut about 5kgs in 2 months and gotten heaps leaner. 2kgs to go.

Cheers, http://m.imgur.com/a/Elk32

/rant

Cletus

First Grade
Sorry for the wanky title of the imgur album, but I think its important to know you don't need animal protein to get in good shape. I used to be a big meat eater, chicken and rice every meal like the classic bodybuilder thing. Had an ephiphany and finally turned vego about 18 months ago. Even if you don't go vegetarian, I think fitness addicts like myself should cut down on meat consumption. You won't get small, fat, grow man boobs. If not for the animals, or for the environment, then for your own health.

This is not my achievement, its easy once you subject yourself to the facts. My achievement is I've slowly cut about 5kgs in 2 months and gotten heaps leaner. 2kgs to go.

Cheers, http://m.imgur.com/a/Elk32

/rant

Do you have any recommendations for getting a complete range proteins as a vego? Any other tips for vegos trying to get a bit stronger, not necessarily bigger.

abpanther

Staff member
Recent PBs

100kg clean
70kg overhead squat
180kg deadlift
135kg back squat
110kg front squat

Last edited:

Iafeta

Referee
I had gotten to the point of being known as a pregnant stick with no chin. Did a boot camp at the end of last year and dropped from 86 to 71 kg in 12 weeks. Still keeping on with a boot camp program and starting with light weights and proteins and protein supplements to try and build for the first time ever some muscle definition. Slow progress, in fact I've stalled for a month around 23% body fat and I'm not sure why. I guess it's because I'm only only 10 kg dumb bells and 30 kg barbells? I'm trying to build those up and my aims are increase body weight, get to 15% body fat by years end and get to 80kg squat and chest press, I know that's light but I think it would be a big achievement for me.

Any thoughts on stopping a stagnant body fat percentage?

Parkway_Drive

Juniors
Been back training in gym 12 months after 20 year hiatus.

I weigh 77 kg and am 45 years old

Bench 105kg x 4
Squat 145kg x 5
Deadlift I haven't gone for broke on this yet as had a chronic lower back and hamstring problems in the past 130kg x 5

All these were done in April this year before my extended overseas holiday and then later in the year I did my knee.

Since injuring my knee my bests have been
Bench - 101kg x4
Squats (only really taken a decent load this week) as been in rehab with knee - 101kg x 6
Only started doing deadlifts today for first time since middle of the year 82kgx8

I also did some soft sand running over the past 2 winters at Maroubra Beach as I have a dodgy knee for the lead up to the City to Surf.

I managed one night in late July last year 14 full laps of the beach in about 90 minutes,,,then went into a taper but I am not a rapid distance runner by any stretch of the imagination. 8kms in 37 mins a few years ago of which the second 4kms was run in about 17 and a half to 18 minutes. My City to surf is run just above 5 min per km pace. Last year I ran it in about 74 minutes.

I also ran several sub 11 second 100m times handtimed in my youth and will be running masters next year over 45s so will post my times. Would have run masters 045s this summer but did a grade 2 and a grade 3 tear at the same time to the MCL in my left knee playing touch football last September.

JasonE

Bench
I am 50yo and started taking doing weights seriously about 6 months ago, I've been bench pressing 145kg but just recently ruptured a disc in my back which is pinching on a nerve, sending pain down my leg.
Absolutely gutted, had injections to ease the pain but has done nothing and it looks like an operation is the next step.

Parkway_Drive

Juniors
Things have been slowly with a couple of mishaps on the improve.

This evening I lifted 3 x 234 lbs (106.5kgs) and a week ago on a still dodgy knee squatted 6 x 254 lbs (@115.4kgs). I just squatted 2 sets of 9 @ 101kgs last Sunday.

I will be going overseas for about 2 weeks so no training after this Saturday and a lot of drinking especially spirits for 2 weeks. Based on last year I won't improve on my PBs until about August as I have a longer trip planned for May.

I haven't attempted any decent weight with the deadlifts as even doing 90 lbs (for my hammies) gives me lower back problems a couple of days later due to walking with a limp due to dodgy knee. It is probably a form thing and I will go back to ground zero on DLs to see if I can overcome the problems.

Last edited: