What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured and Confirmed Signings and even more Crap XXIV

Status
Not open for further replies.
If I have to gauge the general internet reaction to Sandow from all media channels (Social Media, News Websites, The Other Site), 80% wish that he could stay at the Eels and is the best option in the halves with Foran. These people realise that players like Maloney who have won Grand Finals "miss" as many tackles as Sandow.

This website makes up less than 1% of said commentary and If it were weighted opinion to be included with the general Eels fan-base I'd say that I'd weigh the input of a member here as 2% to someone that wasn't here, so essentially it'd take 50 active LU members (so all of them in the eels section) to have one non LU-members opinion.

These are confirmed statistics based on reality.

I enjoy providing checks and balances to this community.

Why do you think so many NRL clubs are falling over themselves trying to sign Sandow for 2016?

^b0ss^

Juniors
Swiftstylez

Can you please explain to me how a player that decided not to be fit to play and i mean OVERWEIGHT until the last yr of his contract is somehow owed something by our club.

He should be playing the next 3 yrs for free i dont know any other job where you can not be fit for work and get paid 1.5 million dollars.As for people at the game cheering for sandow at the game, i would be one of those people because i always cheer for them when i go to the game thats why im there.

Last edited:

Swiftstylez

Bench
Why do you think so many NRL clubs are falling over themselves trying to sign Sandow for 2016?

Because his asking price is too high for the scraps that are remaining and because at times he hasn't been able to be consistent in teams that even the great Hayne have struggled for consistency in. It's still a gamble for NRL clubs in that regard, "should I sign him despite the track record of the teams that he has played in?"

I'd love to see how "consistent" he can be in a consistent team, as I'm sure a lot of NRL clubs will be keeping one eye on him if he goes to England.

We have killed a host of coaches and halves careers, some promising and proven, others where our culture probably rubbed off on them.

This isn't a new concept with Sandow and is the first thing that quells my excitement when it comes to Foran.

Thank you Boss for cheering for our match-winner.

Last edited:

byrner

Juniors
Totally off topic; I just tried to see how Fui is going in google and rather then typing it I used the voice recognition button. Safe to say that after 10 attempts it still doesnt recognise what I am trying to say.
for a bit of a laugh try and get google voice recognition or Siri to understand Fui Fui Moi Moi

Casper The Ghost

First Grade
You make one good point and that's about it, I'm proud of you for making some progress in your clarity of thought Casper.

Don't even think about finals without him.

Sandow has been the catalyst of our latest winning streak and Semi the brilliance. Has chipmunk hacked your account?

This forum is a small selection of our fan base and is an echo chamber of circle-jerking or jaded individuals. You will find not only that the media but our wider internet fan-base actually want Sandow to stay in the NRL and be kept at the Eels.

I'm not a social media user but a fan group emerged on the Eels facebook post a few days ago when we announced our number of signings and it already has 700 likes calling for the Eels to re-sign Sandow. Several vocal active members on a forum hardly are a representation of the shit I took this morning. Even the other site has an overwhelming majority that share my view on Sandow.

Here comes your only gem..

"It is up to Sandow to prove to us that he has tuned the corner. I doubt it but I hope he proves me and the rest of our doubting Thomas's wrong."

He has nothing to prove to you and I don't blame him if he wants to go, but yes, that's the mission statement of any footballer.

Sandow said it himself best when he said the fans come to see him play exciting football. The ones putting the bums in the seat cheer vocally for his antics, not some nuff behind a computer monitor. In the running for Dally M with a "walkabout attitude", equal try assists with Thurston, it's time to turn off the hate kids.

Appreciate the commendation - do send the medals to the PO Box address found @ our LFL website. Will hang them on the wall next to the PC for those precious admiration moments when required.

You have avoided the defensive issues that leak plenty of points. In spite of Sandows creative spark which everyone loves, particularly this MAN (have been pro Sandow for years until those horrific defensive lapses and long walk-a-bouts occurred many times earlier/mid this season), how does Sandow stop this from happening again because if he doesn't, our squad is prone to being exploited leading to potential losses at the hands of teams working away at our most weakest point for 80 minutes???

Mr Pmatta

Juniors
The advantage Sandow has in staying, is if he plays well, and leads the team to a big finish this year (i.e. making the finals, possibly finishing top 4), that is a huge feather in his cap, which could help making him more marketable.

Staying at the Eels could be in his best interests as well. It's not like his value would get any lower than it probably is now.

Besides that, next year is irrelevant, he's contracted to the end of the 2015 season, and he should finish, and if he does go early, shouldn't receive another cent from this club.

Correct, tho he is too dumb to realise this.

Swiftstylez

Bench
Casper is Swifty.... yawn fest.

giphy.gif

Swiftstylez

Bench
You are delusional, i gave you links showing it is the other way and i could find more after winning games. LU has some very interesting users.

Parra47

Juniors
None of my Parramatta supporter mates want to see Sandow at Parra. Neither do I. There's my dip sample.

Casper The Ghost

First Grade
You are delusional, i gave you links showing it is the other way and i could find more after winning games. LU has some very interesting users.

The overall tendency for fans is to fully get behind their club and team players. This loyalty and ferver does not mean that Sandow does not have massive issues effecting the progress of our squad. You can pull up all the links you want to support your "positive" point of view but unless each fan was psycho-analysed you just can't solely rely on the passion of fans to back your biased point of view because the reality of fans being delirious influencing their decisions is no less than fans driven by a blind-faith fantasy looking through rose-coloured glasses.

ash411

Bench
https://www.facebook.com/TheParraEels/posts/928267397228986

There's my source, where is yours?

Here is another source:

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sp...ack-chris-sandow/story-fni3ga7r-1227439162432

As of 16/7/2015: Sandow wins.

Media (Check), Fans (Check), Internet Community (Check), Other Site (Check)

This is the only (small) corner of the internet I have to keep in balance.

I personally like Sandow, although I don't think we have room for him at the club (not at his price anyways) I still think he's a good player, so this isn't biased..

here goes.

In specific reference to the facebook group with 700 likes, your source is worthless. Unless you called each of the people that liked that page YOURSELF and confirmed that both a) they are parramatta fans and b) they actually think he should be re-signed, then none of that data means s**t. Anyone in the world can like a facebook post, that means nothing.

He did get a lot of comments though, I'll give you that. Kind of surprising really.

My source: I work for a market research firm, so I know a thing or two about credible data...

Don't throw around numbers like that when you didn't collect any actual data to justify those numbers.

Go out, and personally call 1,000 confirmed Eels fans and ask if they think Sandow should be retained, If you get an 80% yes rate, then I'll believe you.

You also are quoting the king of trash journalism, the daily telegraph, that has as much integrity as a shoe. (probably less, actually, my shoes never tried passing off rumors as facts before)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts