What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sandow

natheel

Coach
Norman / Foran are going to make a crap halves combination

Both too boring, there both just tough gritty players, they'll struggle to score points and there defence doesn't look like improving so theyll be down the bottom again.

Norman tough and gritty? not exciting? he's been our main go to guy this year

davi

Juniors
I can see the Titans picking him up. They will be desperate for a half and Sandow can bring some spark to their backline which they lack. Plus he is a Queenslander and playing for a QLD club would appeal to him.

Neil Henry has now ruled out bringing Chris Sandow to the Titans.

It's not looking bright of Sandow staying in the NRL, however on radio they mentioned the Sharks could be an option.

http://www.triplem.com.au/sydney/sp...onfirms-chris-sandow-wont-be-a-titan-in-2016/

Rhyno

First Grade

Both too boring, there both just tough gritty players, they'll struggle to score points and there defence doesn't look like improving so theyll be down the bottom again.

Hayne will be back at fullback in 2016

oldmancraigy

Coach

The only thing the entire defensive line is worrying about is 'what is Sandow gonna do, how do we cover him' - he's captain of the all time worst defensive team.
Removing him improves the defence by 2 tries per game.

Wizardman

First Grade
http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sp...-to-the-bulldogs/story-fni3ga7r-1227446459597

THE Chris Sandow crisis took a new twist on Friday night with claims Parramatta players weren’t speaking to him after he produced arguably his worst performance to date for the club.

In the same week Sandow was denied an immediate request to join Warrington in the English Super League, the No. 7 came out and made just one run, missed four tackles, and was forever found out trying to get back into the defensive line.

There was also a wayward shoulder charge on Bulldogs’ fullback Brett Morris.

The Daily Telegraph learned the players were far from impressed with the effort, and brushed him in the sheds.

VIDEO: Did Reynolds attempt another trip?

TOO GOOD: Super Storm blow Panthers away

ROMP: Dogs make a September statement

Sandow back-doored it and dodged an interview request, as well as a young group of fans who had waited around for a photo.

Parramatta blocked the move to Warrington, and don’t have any plans to grant him a release before next weekend’s Super League deadline.

Even though Eels coach Brad Arthur is not interested in re-signing Sandow - a big-contract player he has clashed with over the team’s style of play - Parramatta didn’t want to be paying out another player who was no longer at the club.

So it was always going to be a mystery how Sandow responded to the blocked move.

What Sandow dishes up the next seven weeks will have Eels fans guessing.

At his best, Sandow can win matches on his own. Prior to Friday night’s ANZ Stadium horror show, he had been in pretty good nick. His unpredictability is what makes him so popular with the fans.

Even Dogs coach Des Hasler spoke about how dangerous he was before the western Sydney clash.

To be fair, Sandow suffered a hamstring injury during Thursday’s captain’s run, and failed to finish.

“At training yesterday he had a slight strain in his hamstring, but he said he was fine,’’ Arthur said.

“Our medical staff (looked at him), there was no indication of any strain, so he was fine.’’

Losing Norman will really hurt Parramatta, especially given he was due to return to his preferred five-eighth role next week for the tough road trip to Townsville.

The Eels have injuries to Pauli Pauli (concussion), David Gower (knee), while Danny Wicks could require shoulder surgery, said Arthur.

Another worrying sight was experienced backrower Anthony Watmough struggling to put weight on his knee as he left the sheds.

Wizardman

First Grade
I agree with Parra's initial decision not to release him.....but Sandow played like a spoilt baby last night. One run is totally unacceptable.

Parra (or any club) cannot afford to play a player who will not try...especially a halfback. I would not even put him in Wenty. Let him sit out the season unless he'll have a crack. Very poor form from Sandow.

thorson1987

Coach
I agree with Parra's initial decision not to release him.....but Sandow played like a spoilt baby last night. One run is totally unacceptable.

Parra (or any club) cannot afford to play a player who will not try...especially a halfback. I would not even put him in Wenty. Let him sit out the season unless he'll have a crack. Very poor form from Sandow.

Pretty sure they have to play him unless he is injured due to the salary cap dramas.

Some Eels fan should go all Tonya Harding on him.

Avenger

Immortal
We have had some duds over the years. Dykes, McFadden, Witt et al but they always did their best and were never accused of not trying. However this Prima Donna after all we have done for him during the past 4 years is showing that not only is he a shit footballer but also a shit person. Never in all my time watching my beloved Eels have I detested a player wearing the jersey. Until now. That performance was there for all to see. We were in the game right up until the 50th minute and just needed something from our halves as our forwards were matching theirs. I don't care how much it costs us the little shit should never be allowed to put the jersey on again.

A disgrace and the worst performance from a halfback that I have ever seen. To think we let go a great clubman like Jeff Robson with a quarter of Sandow's ability to invest in this insipid and ungrateful fraud.

Delboy

First Grade
Has Avenger said, most of us Parra fans were prepared to gloss over some of his failings if he playd with a smile and tried for the team. Last night was awful to watch, the club has worked through crashed cars, rehab, lids appearance and gambling issue to help him sort things out

What fans cant stand is a player turning on his team and sulking , fmd even if there were some third party issues ( the bane of the league), he should cop getting paid say $500k and look in the stands at fAns who earn less than 10% of his income to see that embarrassing effort

Just take your friggin ball and see you, enough is enough

thorson1987

Coach
11694968_878687718885657_301345363923719236_n.jpg

some11

Referee
But he needs to be able to play his natural game! coaches tryin' to bring him dooown! better off in super league with less structure!

I'm sorry but nothing excuses a pea heart performance like that.

forestfan

Juniors
We have had some duds over the years. Dykes, McFadden, Witt et al but they always did their best and were never accused of not trying. However this Prima Donna after all we have done for him during the past 4 years is showing that not only is he a shit footballer but also a shit person. Never in all my time watching my beloved Eels have I detested a player wearing the jersey. Until now. That performance was there for all to see. We were in the game right up until the 50th minute and just needed something from our halves as our forwards were matching theirs. I don't care how much it costs us the little shit should never be allowed to put the jersey on again.

A disgrace and the worst performance from a halfback that I have ever seen. To think we let go a great clubman like Jeff Robson with a quarter of Sandow's ability to invest in this insipid and ungrateful fraud.

One Word

Kearney

or/and

Osbourne