What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

JT and GI to lead NRL support for Adam Goodes by performing Aboriginal War Dance

Cletus

First Grade
Lol the concern for the 13 year old girl is somewhat amusing, some people just don't get it.
A 13 year old shouldn't be calling an indigenous person an ape, he was stopping racism at its source and trying to make a difference.
That's the whole point of it, he wasn't going to let it slide.
The whole time he was being compassionate to her as well.

Its very likely if she said it at a football game she would say it in the school yard at someone her own age who then feels sh*t about their race.
Some people don't seem to understand that unless you've encountered your own sort of racism prejudice ..you're probably not qualified to speak on it.

Exactly Shorty, maybe she shouldn't have called him an ape. I doubt it would have been the only racist comment from the crowd, she was just obnoxious enough to do it from the front row. While she was sitting next to her mum, what does that tell you. And Goodes response was very measured and responsible. But bigots like Bolt etc don't deal in facts
and just want to whip the plebs into a frenzy about the injustice of a 13 year old girl not being able to racially abuse people anymore. Oh the humanity, how will she survive now that she can't call aboriginals apes anymore:roll:. Spare me.

BunniesMan

Immortal
Mate I have no doubt there is a racist element to this. But I live in afl state and goodes is disliked for a lot of reasons. For some it's race. For many others it's his status as untouchable when playing his silly game.

ah yes the supposed "umpires pet" red herring. That's bs. He has been given 11 free kicks all season. Not even in the top 100 players for getting frees. It's a total myth.

MrAnonymous

Bench
Why are we even discussing this f**king goose on here.

The merkins a sook f**k. Attention seeking dickhead carrying on like a 13 yr old girl himself.

TheVelourFog

First Grade
yeah but he's a wanker

yeah but he took to long

yeah but she was only 13

yeah but he was antagonising them

yeah but

yeah but

yeah but

MrAnonymous

Bench
I was comparing the recent pre internet era to now. Say the 80s and 90s compared to now where it seems things have gone backwards. Obviously it's not as bad as 50 and 100 and 150 years ago, but IMO worse than 20 years ago.

You would of been about 3 or 4 20 years ago. How the f**k would you know ?

Penrose Warrior

First Grade
Why can't both parties be wrong?

I was dead against the spear throwing stuff, of course it's an imaginary spear etc but he charged towards the Carlton cheer squad - it was meant to be inflammatory. If he'd done it down the ground, no issue. And Goodes seems to be the most humourless, takes himself way too seriously bastard in sport.

But I have zero doubt the booing would've ended long ago if Goodes was white. Yeah he might've been booed for being a stager, a boring bastard, a general dick etc - but it would've got old. But there's a real redneck element in Australia and the majority of booers are going on because it's quite good to boo a black man without any real fear of retribution and pretend it's 100% to do with his personality. No one's ever been booed like that as loudly and for as long. They know they can't call him an ape, throw bananas etc so they boo.

And idiots like McGuire tipping in and making light of the King Kong stuff, it ensures the divide between the Aboriginal community and the rest of Australia remains wide apart.

It's Maori Language week in my country and I'm proud of the way we prioritise - or at least try to - our indigenous language. About as much danger of that happening across the Tasman as there is of two people of the same sex having equal rights as well.

POPEYE

Coach
Unless you are actually Brian Waldron, you can't apologise because you aren't responsible.

It's foolish, childish, selfish and short sighted in the extreme to condone it though.

Wrong thread, but I will condone anything that any team has to do to keep it's products . . . you're talking to the hand

fourplay

Juniors
Why are we even discussing this f**king goose on here.

The merkins a sook f**k. Attention seeking dickhead carrying on like a 13 yr old girl himself.

utc-6wTNlriC_QeOZqQlnuNRshX0_ip3rP2YVcoxsrmYswhko2Lr3s81ljVglmo46VTkqApeG6URlK53xrrDQ__95jLsn03nzclx6x0URBtRpnGVZNN9MajZ5AALIrAtR_q-2OF7st3IIT5nXH3SvIkaMlr48fU=w265-h236-nc

magpie4ever

First Grade
Why can't both parties be wrong?

I was dead against the spear throwing stuff, of course it's an imaginary spear etc but he charged towards the Carlton cheer squad - it was meant to be inflammatory. If he'd done it down the ground, no issue. And Goodes seems to be the most humourless, takes himself way too seriously bastard in sport.

But I have zero doubt the booing would've ended long ago if Goodes was white. Yeah he might've been booed for being a stager, a boring bastard, a general dick etc - but it would've got old. But there's a real redneck element in Australia and the majority of booers are going on because it's quite good to boo a black man without any real fear of retribution and pretend it's 100% to do with his personality. No one's ever been booed like that as loudly and for as long. They know they can't call him an ape, throw bananas etc so they boo.

And idiots like McGuire tipping in and making light of the King Kong stuff, it ensures the divide between the Aboriginal community and the rest of Australia remains wide apart.

It's Maori Language week in my country and I'm proud of the way we prioritise - or at least try to - our indigenous language. About as much danger of that happening across the Tasman as there is of two people of the same sex having equal rights as well.

The 1st Australians had thousands of distinct languages, it was very localised unlike Maroi. It was also only spoken with no written form, therefore it is extremely hard to have say a school program teaching an Aboriginal language unlike NZ where the Maori language has been taught at the school level for decades.

Regards Goodes it is his response to the booing that has amplified it. The dickwit supporters know they can get to him by doing it, so guess what. If he had been more relaxed about it at the start or laughed it off it would have decreased or vanished.

Regarding Aussies being racists, I will call anyone out. As as a nation we are the most accepting of people's differences, colour, race, creed and sexual preferences etc. We can take the piss out of ourselves most of the time and are extremely accepting of people's differences as long as they identify as being Australian and not hold total allegiance to their ancestoral land above Australia.

As for same sex marriage, while I personally couldn't give a ratz - why not. It is only our PM who believes it is still the 1950s that is stopping it, don't have a shot at the whole population of Australia because of that "lord of the rings, pengiun walking" creature.

Last edited:

morley101

Juniors
All AFL supporters who have booed Adam Goodes are racists ?

Definition of racism

noun 1. the belief that races have distinctive cultural characteristics determined by hereditary factors and that this endows some races with an intrinsic superiority over others

2. abusive or aggressive behaviour towards members of another race on the basis of such a belief

So do the AFL supporters who booed believe they are superior to the Aboriginal race ?

Last edited:

Plumplechook

Juniors
people don't boo goodes because he's aborigine, people boo him cause they think he's a wanker. the same way gallen gets booed in qld, the pm gets booed anywhere. but they're white so there's no chance of invoking a racial inference to cover the fact everyone thinks you're a dickhead.

Wrong. Look at the timeline and the booing started after the AFL fans got butthurt by Goodes imaginary spear. There is nothing those thick-as-pigsh*t fumbleball fans hate more than an 'uppity' black man. As long as he's a good little boy and just shuts up and plays football he's OK but as soon as he dares speak up on indigenous issues he's a wanker who deserves to be booed everytime he touches the ball.

The failure of the AFL administration to support Goodes confirms every suspicion I ever had about that dubious 'code' and it's supporters. Scratch an AFL fan (with an imaginary spear) and find a racist.

This is an area the NRL has it all over AFL. League has always celebrated the contribution of indigenous players to the game - and this should be applauded. Hopefully as a result of this incident your Aboriginal players will now choose league instead of that other ridiculous game.

Last edited:

Latest posts