What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

JT and GI to lead NRL support for Adam Goodes by performing Aboriginal War Dance

Canard

Immortal
Regarding Aussies being racists, I will call anyone out. As as a nation we are the most accepting of people's differences, colour, race, creed and sexual preferences etc. We can take the piss out of ourselves most of the time and are extremely accepting of people's differences as long as they identify as being Australian and not hold total allegiance to their ancestoral land above Australia.

Except you know the first Australians.

Those blackfella's should know there place.

blacklock

Juniors
I wonder how gay players would celebrate after scoring a try....strutting? Hmm pretend bending over an opposition crowd member? I miss post try celebrations. After Blacklock and mundine started back flipping all other teams went over kill. Remember the El masri shoulder rocket launcher or the imaginary grenade....

Ah those were the days

But back on topic. I think we should ban all crowds and ban imaginary spears. Problem solved.

Plumplechook

Juniors
I wonder how gay players would celebrate after scoring a try....strutting? Hmm pretend bending over an opposition crowd member? I miss post try celebrations. After Blacklock and mundine started back flipping all other teams went over kill. Remember the El masri shoulder rocket launcher or the imaginary grenade....

Ah those were the days

But back on topic. I think we should ban all crowds and ban imaginary spears. Problem solved.

Golf clap for managing to combine homophobia and racism in a single post. You must have stumbled in here from a fumble ball forum. :clap:

magpie4ever

First Grade

Ah those were the days

Banning imaginary racists would solve the issue that led to the problem that led to the issue.

Hello, I'm The Doctor

First Grade
Regarding Aussies being racists,I will call anyone out. As as a nation we are the most accepting of people's differences, colour, race, creed and sexual preferences etc. We can take the piss out of ourselves most of the time and are extremely accepting of people's differences as long as they identify as being Australian and not hold total allegiance to their ancestoral land above Australia.

As for same sex marriage, while I personally couldn't give a ratz - why not. It is only our PM who believes it is still the 1950s that is stopping it, don't have a shot at the whole population of Australia because of that "lord of the rings, pengiun walking" creature.

Haha, please. Australians are some of the most bigoted people you will ever meet...

The two incidents were completely different
The incident with the girl was in your face racism, it was happening to goodes in that moment and needed an instant action from goodes
The Maguire incident happened on a Melbourne radio ( I doubt goodes listened to it live). What was Goodes meant to do, get in a plane and get Maguire evicted from the radio station?
In both cases Goodes helped educate both offenders on why what they said was offensive and why it should never happen again and in both occasions he helped resolve the situation ( far from carrying on with it as his detractors continue to shout)

Oh and Goodes did speak out against Maguire ( one of the most powerful people in Australian media)

http://m.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news...ith-eddie-mcguire-is-over-20140505-zr4tm.html

but that doesn't fit the narrative that Goodes only picks on little girls

WTF .
Are you for real ..
So one yr later he says his friendship is over .

If this so called racism fighter was fair dinkum ,then he would have demanded the immediate sacking of McChins .
Did he. No way .
He dogged it ,big time .
Could have made an example out of Fat Eddie & shown that racism from anyone no mTter who they are won't be tolerated .

God-King Dean

Immortal
I wouldn't worry about the 'Australia is a racist nation' crowd

Wouldn't matter which country these hipsters lived in, they'd condemn it and tell us about how much better the rest of the world is.

Remember, if you don't think everything is racist, you're a racist.

I think it's gotten to the point where I hate the hypocrisy and political correctness of racism then actual racism itself.

t-ba

Post Whore
Haha, please. Australians are some of the most bigoted people you will ever meet...

f**k off.

Australia has problems with racism and it's far from perfect but I really suggest you step out of the Anglosphere before throwing around statements like that. I've lived in China, India and Indonesia. And I'll tell you right now that those nations have us beat by far on the bigot scale.

Hyperbole only diminishes the effectiveness of your argument. Our track record is nothing to be proud of but statements like that indicate you lack ANY form of perspective.

magpie4ever

First Grade
Like the poms and that Perth Red prick (who wont go home) get on here calling every aussie racist, only they are the great turd-burglering racists of all time.

Shorty

Staff member
Lemme guess bunch of white guys saying what constitutes racism, yeeeah seems legit.

Canard

Immortal
f**k off.

Australia has problems with racism and it's far from perfect but I really suggest you step out of the Anglosphere before throwing around statements like that. I've lived in China, India and Indonesia. And I'll tell you right now that those nations have us beat by far on the bigot scale.

Hyperbole only diminishes the effectiveness of your argument. Our track record is nothing to be proud of but statements like that indicate you lack ANY form of perspective.

Yeh those f**king slopes, chinks and currie munchers are the worst.

They don't even speak English!

t-ba

Post Whore
Yeh those f**king slopes, chinks and currie munchers are the worst.

They don't even speak English!

Wow, so pointing out racism in other societies when somebody is now making the frankly erroneous statement that Australians are some of the biggest bigots on the planet to highlight the fallacious nature of that statement is now racist?

He brought it up, I countered. Good to see your argument consists of nothing more than some shrill sarcasm.

You don't think that that statement diminishes what he is saying?

Or do you think perspective is unimportant and we should just all engage in rampant exaggeration?

Or maybe we should just excuse Asian racism? Last time I checked we weren't the ones trying to wipe out Uyghir and Tibetan culture, or had elected a Hindu Nationalist, or were busily trying to use transmigrasi to overwhelm native Papuans under Javanese feet.

Or are you just going to engage in some more faux racism to 'expose' me?

Last edited:

Latest posts